Air Jordan VI Carmine confirmed for 2014

i've even seen a couple times people list there sneakers as used and further checcing out the description the reason they listed as used was because they tried them on...they weren't worn outdoors but since the seller put the sneakers on he felt they were used

ive worn a pair of shoes once for 3 hours and sold em off as brand new before... just watched where i stepped and got home and cleaned the little dirt that was on the bottom, they had no creases.. no way anyone could tell so hey why not at that point? took care of em as if they were brand new so not gonna sell them as used if i dont have to...

also buyer was 100% satisfied with them and positive repped me so whatever.
SMH 
mean.gif

The problem with that is, you don't physically hold the shoe so you become a slave to hype and become a dumb customer. Just buy what you're told. It's sad, but also fits the target demographic. I'm a little old for it, but I still like shoes, like most of the people here who are out of their teens. I can't tell you how important seeing a shoe and physically holding it plays a part in determining if you buy or not. 

My question to you is, if you wore them for 3 hours and sold them, why buy them in the first place? Was it a one time thing or do you do it regularly? Shoes, like many things in life and other articles of clothing, depreciate in value once worn. I don't get why people who are into shoes don't understand that. That's why I say we (those who buy kicks) are responsible for these increased prices ultimately because we buckled a long time ago giving into paying over retail for a newly released shoe that's been worn. **** is crazy. 
one time thing and its because they rereleased and were half a size to big. i rarely sell shoes in the first place but since they were gonna rerelease didnt need em plus could get my proper size. it might have not even been 3 hours. probly 1 or 2 actually. Like i said though i doubt anybody could have possibly known they were worn.

people need to relax though, kind of like buying shoes in store 50 diff people may have tried the shoe on and those probly have an hour or 2 of "feet stank" in them... matter of fact the ones i sold were probably in better condition than most pairs you get in store

ive worn a pair of shoes once for 3 hours and sold em off as brand new before... just watched where i stepped and got home and cleaned the little dirt that was on the bottom, they had no creases.. no way anyone could tell so hey why not at that point? took care of em as if they were brand new so not gonna sell them as used if i dont have to...

i've even seen a couple times people list there sneakers as used and further checcing out the description the reason they listed as used was because they tried them on...they weren't worn outdoors but since the seller put the sneakers on he felt they were used
Which lets you know a lot of people don't know what the hell they're talking about when it comes to this. It's about copping the newest release, stunting, then on to the next. I know it's still simplifying it, but that's where it's at right now. Too many don't realize it's more to it than that. 

I love when people are dead wrong and then try to justify it with a thought up scenario. What J retro sat in store long enough for 50 people to try it on in the past 4 years?! LOL.

Not defending dude that's selling worn kicks as new, worn is worn PERIOD.

HOWEVER, lets not be too critical and jump the gun, I'm sure we've all brought kicks that have been placed on, that were advertised as new. Hell, as funny as a lot of sellers move lately I don't believe anything. It's just a shame because a shoe that was tried on or worn 3 hours would still essentially have that new shoe smell, so we (the buyers) are constantly getting got and don't even know it

I love when people are dead wrong and then try to justify it with a thought up scenario. What J retro sat in store long enough for 50 people to try it on in the past 4 years?! LOL.
i never even said the shoes were retro Js... it could be any shoe that was worn or tried on then sold... a bunch of shoes in stores were tried on many times. i have seen some bad condition shoes (creases mostly) in store that i didnt buy just because of that

Yep 
laugh.gif

Not defending dude that's selling worn kicks as new, worn is worn PERIOD.

HOWEVER, lets not be too critical and jump the gun, I'm sure we've all brought kicks that have been placed on, that were advertised as new. Hell, as funny as a lot of sellers move lately I don't believe anything. It's just a shame because a shoe that was tried on or worn 3 hours would still essentially have that new shoe smell, so we (the buyers) are constantly getting got and don't even know it
I've bought kicks that were worn but in great condition. There are parameters though. I've bought a pair of white/cement IV's that were in great shape for $100 2 years ago. I couldn't believe their condition for that price. Dude wanted to move them. Saw them on CL and had dude meet me at my job that day.

if you're cool with lying to people about the condition of the shoes you're selling, more power to ya. just know that karma's a sleeping b*tch and will always come back to bite ya, in one way or another, shoe related or not.

if you're cool with lying to people about the condition of the shoes you're selling, more power to ya. just know that karma's a sleeping b*tch and will always come back to bite ya, in one way or another, shoe related or not.
Cosign! Honesty should always reign supreme. The world would be a much different place if it were valued.

... yall are freaking out i didnt even know it was that big of a deal. just saying though if i were to say on my ebay ad "worn once for 2 hours" how many would believe that... we were just talking before my post how yall never believe ads that say worn 1 to 3 times. Not gonna take a hit on a pair of kicks with not even one spec of dirt on the sole. like i said buyer was super happy with them so if he was happy, no reason for yall to be freaking out

whatever tho didnt know this would cause much of a stirrup, back to the carmines

Yep :lol:

I've bought kicks that were worn but in great condition. There are parameters though. I've bought a pair of white/cement IV's that were in great shape for $100 2 years ago. I couldn't believe their condition for that price. Dude wanted to move them. Saw them on CL and had dude meet me at my job that day.

I understand what you're saying but I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying. I'm saying that as a buyer, you cannot trust anything. Prime example I'm selling stash reebok pumps in the mp, they've been put on to take a picture. I labeled them as worn 1x due to that fact. Now the buyer who purchased them, a little sketchy on em, which is why I saved all the info and messages.

Now when a shoe is tried on, there's levels to it. Can you label a shoe that's been tried on as deadstock, yeah of course, but that's truly if you only tried them on and didn't touch the ground and immediately took them off upon making sure they fit or didn't. But if you tried on both shoes, they're still worn once because likely when you try on both shoes you walk around to test fitting, quality and grip. So cut the bs.

And as far as the worn for 3 hours thing, that's worn, so if these shoes were sold for a DS pricing then whoever purchased got jerked. But my point is that as buyers we get jerked all the time because we can't truly tell, people clean sneakers really well and jump through loops to get the ideal pricing they want.

Crazy, but that's the game.

i never even said the shoes were retro Js... it could be any shoe that was worn or tried on then sold... a bunch of shoes in stores were tried on many times. i have seen some bad condition shoes (creases mostly) in store that i didnt buy just because of that
Truth. I worked at FTL part time and we factory tied the shoes again after someone decided against them. Never saw any that were worn though. Also have had people try to return stuff as new that they wore for a month...

Truth. I worked at FTL part time and we factory tied the shoes again after someone decided against them. Never saw any that were worn though. Also have had people try to return stuff as new that they wore for a month...
exactly man, just a few months ago i went in to buy a pair of white infras and one of the shoes had no lacelock and was creased as hell, i didnt care if they were the last one in the state that were my size, didnt take em.

Cosign! Honesty should always reign supreme. The world would be a much different place if it were valued.
how the hell we talking about changing the world all of the sudden... yeah the world woulda changed if i didnt sell that one pair.
I understand what you're saying but I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying. I'm saying that as a buyer, you cannot trust anything. Prime example I'm selling stash reebok pumps in the mp, they've been put on to take a picture. I labeled them as worn 1x due to that fact. Now the buyer who purchased them, a little sketchy on em, which is why I saved all the info and messages.

Now when a shoe is tried on, there's levels to it. Can you label a shoe that's been tried on as deadstock, yeah of course, but that's truly if you only tried them on and didn't touch the ground and immediately took them off upon making sure they fit or didn't. But if you tried on both shoes, they're still worn once because likely when you try on both shoes you walk around to test fitting, quality and grip. So cut the bs.

And as far as the worn for 3 hours thing, that's worn, so if these shoes were sold for a DS pricing then whoever purchased got jerked. But my point is that as buyers we get jerked all the time because we can't truly tell, people clean sneakers really well and jump through loops to get the ideal pricing they want.

you can think about it as if that guy got jerked, whereas that guy is thinking wow these kicks are fresh and thinking about the good deal he got. all about perspective my dude, all that matters is the dude that bought ems opinion

Yep 
laugh.gif

so putting a shoe on to take a picture is classified as worn? Worn to me is the shoes being put on to go outside for use, not to take a pic. Unless you decided to take a pic of the shoe after you wore them outside then decided to sell them. As far as levels of trying a shoe on....
laugh.gif
. It's either they're tried on or it's not. This whole "shoe game" terminology is just ridiculous. Too many people are reading way too into it. Stupid definitions like this pop up as a side effect of reselling. People want to word it so they can get the most money for selling the shoe so they phrase it in the best possible light to make it seem like the shoe is as close to brand new as possible. Tried on is fine, as long as there isn't something majorly wrong. But you have those that think that tried on means it was stomped around in and not brand new 
mean.gif
. The nuance with kicks is a bit much and can get annoying at times. I've seen the stupid thread about the terminology of DS versus VNDS and tried on. By all accounts, it's one of the stupids argument's I've read on this board. 

Last edited:
I've never sold anything as DS that I've tried on or worn, but I've definitely bought some off ebay that were. Small scuffs on the soles and 1 lace united for example. It's not horrible, but I'd like to know that they were tried on and not completely DS

Back
Top Bottom