Air jordan VIII Playoffs -Sep 30th - Updated:First official look!!

The two biggest flaws I see are the contrasted panels, which look oversaturated compared to the og, and the pull tabs still look too small. That could be due to the sock liner not coming up as proportionally high to the collar but not sure. Other than those two things I’m liking them but it’s still very early.

EDIT: and the white rands of course.

I’m liking them but wasn’t even old enough to get or remember the 07 Playoffs let alone the OG’s.

What’s the alternative if you want a pair? Buy a pair from 07/13 where they gonna crack? Wait until 2031 when they drop again? JB Won :lol:

I’m liking them but wasn’t even old enough to get or remember the 07 Playoffs let alone the OG’s.

What’s the alternative if you want a pair? Buy a pair from 07/13 where they gonna crack? Wait until 2031 when they drop again? JB Won :lol:
The alternative is not buying a pair that, in my eyes, doesn’t really qualify as the “Playoff 8’s” I know. One thing I could look past, but a large list of oddities with a glaring one (mismatched upper basically), makes these look mad off to me.

If they come around again, properly, coo. If not, coo.

I’m hoping it’s just an early pair and things change, but who knows.

Those panels look like tumbled leather and that’s mad concerning.. probably still in but I’m waiting until official pics to make a decision. Was a kid when OGs dropped so I don’t have a memory of them aside from Mike playing in them.
I’m pretty sure it’s the Nikebuck or whatever they calling it these days. The OG had a cracking texture on the panels and toe that could be distinguished from the straps and overlays if you were up close. They appear to be going for that look but it’s oversaturated, if these are indeed what we we are getting.

Might make the edging grey. Toe looking really ‘03 which I like. Wish the graphite on the midsole popped more
33972106-5CDA-415F-B4BD-B631BED2C810.jpeg

At this point, when it comes to looking at them and they look off....IYKYK.

I actually had the OG, and wore them a few times before they gave out. If I can find a pic, I'll post them.

Edit: Here ya go, an old pic of destroyed OG playoff 8s....

2010-12-26 17.54.58.jpg
2010-12-26 17.55.40.jpg
2010-12-26 17.56.16.jpg

Bonus: DS pair of 07

AJ VIII Playoff.jpg

Last edited:
Quick shot of my 93 pair. Dont know how the sole stayed so firm on these. Kept em in an AJ 21 box so they haven't been laying down. Maybe that helped em? Wife was "organizing" and sat some other boxes on top of these and smushed the uppers. :smh:
20230428_203456.jpg
20230428_203359.jpg

Saw alot of folks on IG saying these look true to the OG, I don't see it. Nice they added the texture but the shoe looks way off.
OG Hares making a cameo in the background

It's not even about being picky. I think it's different depending on your age. If you grew up seeing Mike wear these shoes, had his posters on your walls, had the trading cards and everything the OG's are ingrained in your memory then you see these changes it's like looking at a low quality downgrade version.

I get it why kids 17-22 be rocking any color Jordans cuz they don't have the memories us 30+ got.

At this point, when it comes to looking at them and they look off....IYKYK.

I actually had the OG, and wore them a few times before they gave out. If I can find a pic, I'll post them.

Edit: Here ya go, an old pic of destroyed OG playoff 8s....

2010-12-26 17.54.58.jpg
2010-12-26 17.55.40.jpg
2010-12-26 17.56.16.jpg

Bonus: DS pair of 07

AJ VIII Playoff.jpg
This new pair looks very close to the 2007’s now that you’ve posted that pic up…If I had to venture a guess maybe that’s where they got the tooling for this new pair…

It's not even about being picky. I think it's different depending on your age. If you grew up seeing Mike wear these shoes, had his posters on your walls, had the trading cards and everything the OG's are ingrained in your memory then you see these changes it's like looking at a low quality downgrade version.

I get it why kids 17-22 be rocking any color Jordans cuz they don't have the memories us 30+ got.

I’m 40 something, had the OG’s, still have my OG Aqua’s, been on NT since NikePark, and I’m doubling up on this pair 🤷‍♂️…These look on par with the 2015 Aqua’s to me and those are one of my favorite retros JB has ever done…

Last edited:

This needs to be pinned to the top of every OG colorway post on NT.

Back
Top Bottom