Air jordan VIII Playoffs -Sep 30th - Updated:First official look!!

Dude said the strap portion feels like a suede and the toebox and side panels feel like nubuck/durabuck... oh hell nah!

The shape is so nice but them contrasting panels is egregious... after knocking the aquas out the box, why do too much for these? All they had to do was give us the red back tab and the new shape and most of us wouldve been good

Nobody is saying these are “trash” I don’t think. We’re voicing disappointment in a release we were excited for, that’s looking to be off.

It sucks. My pair ain’t really all that wearable anymore but I’m not loving what I’m seeing so far from this release.

Should’ve been an easy home run here.

Trash?

IMG_2378.gif

Still odd that we're seeing photos of these this early but at the same time, the Burgundy 5s that release the same month have also been popping up online as well. What we're seeing of these 8s is what we're getting on release day, I bet. I'm not passing on these but the two tone upper is buns. Should have just been the usual faux durabuck they've used on the '15 Aquas, '16 Metallics, etc with the same shade of black throughout. I'm not passing on these but it does suck JB had to go and be extra.

Still odd that we're seeing photos of these this early but at the same time, the Burgundy 5s that release the same month have also been popping up online as well. What we're seeing of these 8s is what we're getting on release day, I bet. I'm not passing on these but the two tone upper is buns. Should have just been the usual faux durabuck they've used on the '15 Aquas, '16 Metallics, etc with the same shade of black throughout. I'm not passing on these but it does suck JB had to go and be extra.
Since we seeing stuff so early, where them OG spec 12s at? :nerd:

Since we seeing stuff so early, where them OG spec 12s at? :nerd:
Well for the '15 Aqua 8s which also released on Black Friday, we didn't see official pairs surface online until September of that year, two months prior to launch so there's still time. Whether or not the White/Red 12s will be done right is another story altogether though.

This is absurd. Its like they give you tidbits of improvement with each passing retro. There's so much else that needs fixing. I guarantee these hit discount.
Don't worry, in 2033 during the 40th anniversary of the Jordan 8 they'll finally get the shape, pull tab length/height, Huarache sleeve and monotone upper correct but it'll be missing the crackle texture like the OGs and the grey midsole accents will be slightly brighter like they are on the 2013 pair.

Back
Top Bottom