Air jordan VIII Playoffs -Sep 30th - Updated:First official look!!

8s are in my top 5 when it comes to Jordan silhouettes and the Playoffs are by far the best colorway of the OG 8 lineup. I was a broke high schooler that had to save his birthday and Christmas money for the '15 Aquas and as such, couldn't buy a second pair even though I wanted to. Now I'm in college and I've got stable income too so I fully intend to double up on these. Maybe even triple. I put my Aquas through the damb wringer and as much as I'd love a second pair I'm not spending $500 on a single pair of Jordan's, so with these I won't make that mistake (though it's not like I had much of a choice back then. :lol:)

Playoffs are my favourite 8s, would love another pair as I don't have any nowadays. I had all 3 OGs in the collection at one point, and many pairs of retros too. Def my fave silhouette after the 7s.

1. Playoffs
2. White/reds
3. Aquas

After coming out of self imposed retirement for the Cardinal 7s, there might be hope if they give these the same treatment and make them a true to form OG.
If they give them some sort of "aged" gimmick or subpar materials then it's an easy return to JB hibernation.

Fingers crossed.

This will be me, come September 2nd
raw.jpg

DOUBLE UP SZNNNN

Didn’t the OG playoff 8’s just have the Nike Air Branding in the insole and just the aqua 8’s had the comic book insole? Someone correct me if I’m wrong lol

This is correct…OG Playoffs just had a black insole with Nike Air…The Aqua’s and the Bug’s pairs had the printed design on the insole…There’s sometimes confusion because the Playoffs had the design on the entire inner huarache bootie of the shoe where the other two colorways were just black…

The VIII is unique in that the little details for each colorway were basically specific to that particular colorway…There really wasn’t a consistent design accent detail among all three pairs…

The Playoffs were the only colorway that had the off color pull tab, accent color traction pod, stitched on 23, and they comic strip graphic print while the others used the graffiti print (All this in addition to the interior details I mentioned above)…

The Bug’s pair had the full black interior and was the only pair to have the the Jumpman shadow on the tongue tag, along with the Aqua colorway graphic on the insole…

Aquas had the gold circle around the tongue tag and the print on the insole…

Some accents were the same across two colorways, the insole graphic for example, but never on all three pairs…

The little accent tweaks made the Playoffs the most distinctive pair of the three since it had the most unique change ups specific to itself…The full black carpet on the tongue is another example of an accent detail that was specific to the colorway…The 8 was just the most unique Jordan model to drop up until that point for many reasons, not least of which being the design specifications they used to make each colorway its own thing…

Last edited:
This is correct…OG Playoffs just had a black insole with Nike Air…The Aqua’s and the Bug’s pairs had the printed design on the insole…There’s sometimes confusion because the Playoffs had the design on the entire inner huarache bootie of the shoe where the other two colorways were just black…

The VIII is unique in that the little details for each colorway were basically specific to that particular colorway…There really wasn’t a consistent design accent detail among all three pairs…

The Playoffs were the only colorway that had the off color pull tab, accent color traction pod, stitched on 23, and they comic strip graphic print while the others used the graffiti print (All this in addition to the interior details I mentioned above)…

The Bug’s pair had the full black interior and was the only pair to have the the Jumpman shadow on the tongue tag, along with the Aqua colorway graphic on the insole…

Some accents were the same across two colorways, the insole graphic for example, but never on all three pairs…

The little accent tweaks made the Playoffs the most distinctive pair of the three since it had the most unique change ups specific to itself…The full black carpet on the tongue is another example of an accent detail that was specific to the colorway…The 8 was just the most unique Jordan model to drop up until that point for many reasons, not least of which being the design specifications they used to make each colorway its own thing…
That’s one of my favorite details about the Aqua’s, that beautiful designed insole. It screams early 90’s and I just simply love it. It would’ve been dope if the playoff pair had the inner sock design on the insoles, that would’ve been too dope! I’ll say the 8’s and the 7’s definitely fits the times they both released. Both are classics!

If I had to pick an underrated Jordan - I’d say it’s the 8’s.

I find it’s enjoyed by old heads but never cherished widely, and newer heads don’t care about em. (Fine by me)

But the comfort level, the style, the way they look on feet. Man I put em up there with 11’s and 6’s, they just never got the praise they deserve IMO.

rock-clapping-1.gif

This is why I love NT:pimp:

I’m feel like one of the reasons why there wasn’t more colorways on the VIII on that initial run is because of how specific they got with those little touches 🤷‍♂️…Plus MJ’s retirement took at least one more colorway off the table…
Or, it could’ve been it was expensive to produce at its time.
Retail was $140, which was outrageous in 1993

Back
Top Bottom