Air jordan VIII Playoffs -Sep 30th - Updated:First official look!!

Day 1 cop and cop from Nike cause some might sit depending on size .11-13 gone probably day 1 and these boutiques will probably have the discounts

As a size 12 in this current climate, everything is a day 1 purchase if it's something I really want. I'm not trying to miss out or have to go resale because I was trying to hold out for $20 off.

Maybe I’m old but this is still a top 20 Jordan. Yeah it’s not in the top 5 but the accent colors, sock liner, fuzzy jumpman, and cross strap were all cool as hell when I was 9. And he dominated in them for the 3peat.

To me this is kind of the end of the first generation of Jordans and takes more chances than either Nike or MJ could take prior to 1992.

The technology and goal of the shoe modernizes and changes a lot from 8-11 and 11-14 are nothing like this shoe. It’s still the most “artistic” Jordan model and this colorway is the pinnacle of it. Love the aquas but this cw really embodies the vision behind the model.

Maybe I’m old but this is still a top 20 Jordan. Yeah it’s not in the top 5 but the accent colors, sock liner, fuzzy jumpman, and cross strap were all cool as hell when I was 9. And he dominated in them for the 3peat.

To me this is kind of the end of the first generation of Jordans and takes more chances than either Nike or MJ could take prior to 1992.

The technology and goal of the shoe modernizes and changes a lot from 8-11 and 11-14 are nothing like this shoe. It’s still the most “artistic” Jordan model and this colorway is the pinnacle of it. Love the aquas but this cw really embodies the vision behind the model.
I feel that way too as far the colorway. The biggest selling point for me is the 90’s style graffiti inner sock bootie. It’s so dope and it fits the early 90’s to the T.

Just look at this beauty trappedintime trappedintime

IMG_3917.jpeg
How can people overlook this beautiful 90’s style graffiti

That’s why the boreduex 7’s are my favorite jordan 7 colorway. That tongue and out sole is so 90’s! I love it!

The sock liner is nice and I like it, but you only appreciate it before you put on the sneaker. When you're out and about, you can notice it behind the tongue a little, but if you're not up on the shoe examining it, it's a missable detail. Not saying I hate it, because I don't, it's just not a feature you notice off the bat while wearing them, although it's a great part of the shoe I wish could be more visible.

It’s a nice detail cause the stain glass is all over the midsole and more so outsole. The sock liner is awesome cause it’s like looking inside after seeing the outside.
You definitely get it!

Imagine that stain glass design being in the insole? So 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Kind of like how the splatter design is on the insole of the aqua 8’s. So 🔥. It’s subtle, but that’s one of my favorite parts of the Aqua 8’s Is the insole.

Maybe it’s just me but I don’t see as much contrast in these pics as before, these are looking much better.

And yea this shoe was kind of the end of an era in many ways. It’s the last shoe Mike wore in the first 3 peat, the last model that had very fancy and bold colorways, the last to have flat shoe strings, and I THINK the last to have a polyurethane midsole (or was that the 9’s? I know 10’s had Phylon). Back then the biggest design changes seem to come like every 3 models. The 3-5 had a lot of similarities, 6-8 was a new series, etc.

Back
Top Bottom