Air jordan VIII Playoffs -Sep 30th - Updated:First official look!!

A lot of people are overlooking the fact that JB releases have been mostly trash this year. Last sought after release were the Cement 3’s way back in March. Don’t even really care for these but copped because it’s been months since anything worth while dropped and not much of anything is dropping the rest of the year. I needed a fix and I’m sure there are many like me.
I don’t even understand it from a sales perspective. You have months of trash shoes still sitting but they can’t make enough of these so some 40 year old dumbass like me can buy on release day.

Two OG releases all year. It doesn’t take Warren Buffet to figure out you make more of what people will buy and less of what they laugh at.

Yeah I’m salty, but the idea I missed both early drops cause I was working and come Saturday it’s instant L’s everywhere… doesn’t sit right with me.

I’m going to try for Cherry 12’s and I think I’m probably done buying anything from Jordan until they stop treating people like me who have been buying for 30 years with their own dollars some respect.

I don’t even understand it from a sales perspective. You have months of trash shoes still sitting but they can’t make enough of these so some 40 year old dumbass like me can buy on release day.

Two OG releases all year. It doesn’t take Warren Buffet to figure out you make more of what people will buy and less of what they laugh at.

Yeah I’m salty, but the idea I missed both early drops cause I was working and come Saturday it’s instant L’s everywhere… doesn’t sit right with me.

I’m going to try for Cherry 12’s and I think I’m probably done buying anything from Jordan until they stop treating people like me who have been buying for 30 years with their own dollars some respect.
More will release. I feel like these will be like the OG 2s that released.

It’s the principle of it. Trying to hit on some mid-morning restock weeks or months down the road while I’m working isn’t what I want as a consumer. And it pisses me off because they aren’t dropping heat every week or there wouldn’t be dozens of retros sitting on websites right now.
Well, they‘ve been playing games with their consumers for forever.

IMG_8627.jpeg

FSR check local shoe palace

those 2s look amazing

It’s the principle of it. Trying to hit on some mid-morning restock weeks or months down the road while I’m working isn’t what I want as a consumer. And it pisses me off because they aren’t dropping heat every week or there wouldn’t be dozens of retros sitting on websites right now.
Yeah it sucks but that’s just how Nike has been getting down for years. SNKRS always has fake sellouts because they like to hold back stock. These will pop up 2 or 3 more times and then randomly pop up on NDC.

Honestly the part time resellers are also part of the problem…
Makes no having to go through hoops for a playoff 8
That retails at $210
Don’t recall ever having issues getting an og … unless it was a aj1 of course…

Attachments

• C228F30F-77E2-42F2-9902-95BF1EEAA999.jpeg
    C228F30F-77E2-42F2-9902-95BF1EEAA999.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 175
Yeah it sucks but that’s just how Nike has been getting down for years. SNKRS always has fake sellouts because they like to hold back stock. These will pop up 2 or 3 more times and then randomly pop up on NDC.
That only made sense when they were selling out every release on artificially low numbers to drive demand. Since they opened the floodgates on garbage this year and sales have plummeted it makes zero sense to produce these in low numbers and have numerous other retros sitting on NDC and with retailers.

That’s what pisses me off. A garbage re-retro of Bungundy’s in mass volume at $225 is sitting, huge numbers on Field Purple XII, Chmbray VIIs, etc and I couldn’t even grab these on release day. That’s bad business, lost profits, a hefty hit to the environment on shoes that never needed to be produced. It’s not just jocking your customers to keep them thirsty for more heat every week.

Yea they would make more short term but the luster and demand would sink. As long as they do things like this and have customers like yourself they’ll continue to thrive. You said it yourself- “I think.” Everyone here knows you’re not going to be done whether you hit on the 12’s or not. None of us will ever be done or else we wouldn’t even be here. Missing out on releases only makes us wanna try harder at the next release we want. Nike knows that. Keep your head in the game brother 💯

Anywhere I can scoop a 9.5 or 10 for retail? Closest I can find is a 10.5 on footlocker but that’s too big
I just grabbed the 10.5 that's showing. Thanks.

Now to see if it really exists. Always dubious when there's 1 random size available lol.

Still showing 10.5 at moment if anyone else wants to try.

Yea they would make more short term but the luster and demand would sink. As long as they do things like this and have customers like yourself they’ll continue to thrive. You said it yourself- “I think.” Everyone here knows you’re not going to be done whether you hit on the 12’s or not. None of us will ever be done or else we wouldn’t even be here. Missing out on releases only makes us wanna try harder at the next release we want. Nike knows that. Keep your head in the game brother 💯
That’s not really true in my case. I purchased one pair in 2019-2020 and continued buying other brands. I skipped the L&F’s cause I have 15 Chicagos that I prefer. BC4 leather crap is an easy pass.

Maybe I’ll buy a Jordan again but when you’ve got 160 or 170 pairs the idea of needing to continue to mainline subpar crack is laughable. And truth be told there’s a lot of other great models from companies like NB, ASICS, Saucony that I find fashionable and usually more comfortable.

We don’t have to continue to eat JB’s **** every week, especially when they’re putting out 3 OG colorways a year.

Back
Top Bottom