Air jordan VIII Playoffs -Sep 30th - Updated:First official look!!

“Widely thought” is extremely subjective. Been copping over 30 years and not once have I expected a cake walk for any pair I ever wanted. Even for the non-popular releases. You never know what the next man is thinking.
Well I mean...almost everything has been sitting and the demand has died down. We all know that. There's a general expectation that releases like this are large because they always are. We also know these have never been particularly popular and it's unlikely that changed randomly.

They made a lot less or they are doing the releasing in stages thing. I tend to think maybe it's that but I don't know. Anybody who's been collecting for a long time knows enough to know that this wasn't a typical GR release.

I have been around for a long time and I can recall several OG shoes being limited the 2013 Taxi 12’s and the 2016 shoe that was the OG 9 that they called a Space Jam . It has happened, but is extremely rare .
Yeah, I remember the last retro of the Black & White 9's moved fast. People chose those over the NA True Blue 3's that also released around the same time but that was probably due to the $220 price tag.

I think the 2013 Royals is when the Jordan 1 hype first started.

IMG_0516.jpeg

Well I mean...almost everything has been sitting and the demand has died down. We all know that. There's a general expectation that releases like this are large because they always are. We also know these have never been particularly popular and it's unlikely that changed randomly.

They made a lot less or they are doing the releasing in stages thing. I tend to think maybe it's that but I don't know. Anybody who's been collecting for a long time knows enough to know that this wasn't a typical GR release.
The bottom line is there’s no such thing as a good assumption or general expectation when it comes to JB releases. This isn’t the first curveball they’ve thrown and it won’t be the last. Today was actually the 3rd release of this model. They wouldn’t have done the shock drop and EA if they planned on dropping huge numbers today. These will also pop up on the reserve thing that they do in a month or two making it a fourth release. They’re not releasing smaller quantities just breaking it up. It’s only shocking to those that became too comfortable and think releases are predictable. I’ve been copping for a very long time and the only constant rule is if you want them go get them.

The bottom line is there’s no such thing as a good assumption or general expectation when it comes to JB releases. This isn’t the first curveball they’ve thrown and it won’t be the last. Today was actually the 3rd release of this model. They wouldn’t have done the shock drop and EA if they planned on dropping huge numbers today. These will also pop up on the reserve thing that they do in a month or two making it a fourth release. They’re not releasing smaller quantities just breaking it up. It’s only shocking to those that became too comfortable and think releases are predictable. I’ve been copping for a very long time and the only constant rule is if you want them go get them.
I did get them.

People are saying they appear to have changed the structure of this release and you seem to be upset they are talking about it for some reason. It's a discussion.

Nah it’s total BS to divert most of the stock to shock drops, tank the actual release and follow up with a piddle of a restock. This wasn’t an actual GR like the ones we saw with the retro+ colorways all summer. And that’s weak.
This is why I'm not really a fan of shock drops because come time release day the stock numbers are low so it makes it much harder to cop a pair if you couldn't get one on the drop.

This is why I'm not really a fan of shock drops because come time release day the stock numbers are low so it makes it much harder to cop a pair if you couldn't get one on the drop.
Were either of the two “shock” drops (early access included) shocking though? Anybody following the right accounts knew the day prior the exact time they were dropping. Pretty sure white/red XII’s will follow the same route in a few weeks.

Tried to get these on SNKRS today. Had to put in the security code of the card and ended up missing them. I’m so mad. I had these shoes back in 93 and was so looking forward to getting them again, take me back to my childhood. What is the best way to get these on a restock?

I did get them.

People are saying they appear to have changed the structure of this release and you seem to be upset they are talking about it for some reason. It's a discussion.

Why I would be upset about other people crying about not getting them? I got them with ease and didn’t even want them fr. I pointed out their entitlement and enlightened them.

I think these are still available in stores. I walked into a Nike in LA and bought a pair. They have restrictions and people are copping but I son't think they're selling that fast.

Jordans do kind of sit in LA though.
Depends on the Jordan. I don’t think LA is some kind out outlier. If a Jordan is hot (UNC 4s for example) they’ll sell ou immediatelyt. Iif it’s not (UNC 6s) they won’t.

Footlocker had every size under 12 a hour after release yesterday and sneakers had small sizes ftl actually got few up now this release wasn’t hard too get at all imo if u tried a lil bit everyone still should able get at retail price

Back
Top Bottom