Air jordan VIII Playoffs -Sep 30th - Updated:First official look!!

People really get caught up on the contrast lines when they actually signify poor quality materials. The 93s were faux suede and the contrast lines are just the white edges showing where they cut the material and didn’t pay to coat the edges so they wouldn't fray.
Still looks better. I don’t want better materials. I want as close to the same garbage materials as they can get.

After reading some of the posts in here I decided to check out the quietest, deadest mall in my area. Footlocker just sold their last 11 bout 10 minutes before I came in. Shoe Palace only had 9 and under but they did try to sell me on the 2 release.

Finish line came through but one of them was the display model. I inspected them, they passed, and I'm happy with my one pair.

People really get caught up on the contrast lines when they actually signify poor quality materials. The 93s were faux suede and the contrast lines are just the white edges showing where they cut the material and didn’t pay to coat the edges so they wouldn't fray.
The contrast that resulted from the exposed edges of the Durabuck became a beloved part of the design, for many people. Even if it is a sign of cheap materials, the contrast lines help break up the monotony of the black upper. It's one of those things you either love or hate. I personally like it though.
33942b_med.jpeg

That’s how so many of my nu-durabuck sneaks look after sitting in the box in a closet after awhile whether I wear or not. I always have end up brushing them a little before wear.
I hear you. Personally I've never had that issue though. My shoes all sit in a dark closet whose doors are closed 99% of the time. Dust doesn't really get in there, especially up on the shelf where I keep my boxes. However, as a precautionary measure, I'll place my DS durabuck based Jordan's in freezer bags to keep any dust from sneaking it's way onto them. Of course, I don't close the bag all the way either, so as to not ruin the midsoles.
20231002_135307.jpg
20231002_135409.jpg

Though even my Metallics that I've had since release day in 2016 hardly ever get dust on them either and they're not bagged. I don't wear them that often either. I think it just has to do with how prone to dust build up your closet is.
20231002_140845.jpg

:lol:
Are you kidding me?!
I missed out on a full size re-stock...No 7.5 and no 9.5 either

I don’t think we should get too caught up in the quality of the materials, we have remember that these were originally designed to be a performance product, and oftentimes synthetic materials are better for that, even though not better in general than genuine leather.

I don’t think we should get too caught up in the quality of the materials, we have remember that these were originally designed to be a performance product, and oftentimes synthetic materials are better for that, even though not better in general than genuine leather.

I wouldn’t even say better, just different. I think they are actually using real nubuck now on some portions. Whereas the 1993 pair was 100% durabuck.

Back
Top Bottom