Air jordan VIII Playoffs -Sep 30th - Updated:First official look!!

I think they’re coming straight from Nike. My guess on this whole situation is that if you remember to late August they took a week off SNKRS releases. And a few things were delayed such as the Burgundy V’s. I think they had a backlog of inventory getting to the U.S.

It might also explain them pushing what they had thru SD and EA and being short handed for other retailers. Hibbetts’ partnership with Nike might have put them first or even only in line for this stock.

If it weren’t coming from the Mississippi warehouse I might not think this is what happened, but this isn’t all sitting in a Hibbs WH.
Very interesting :nerd:

Glad everyone is getting their pairs

Didnt get a shipping confirm, but got an email from UPS saying I got a package from Nike coming tomorrow. Didnt order anything from Nike, so I assume its these.

My pair is being shipped from Middletown, PA so either Nike has a warehouse out there or they're fulfilling Hibbetts orders from their own stores which is kinda wild.

Man came in here hoping for a restock
I’ve had this photo since the 2007 release.

Don’t ask me why once kept it this long lol
IMG_0525_Original.jpeg
And this da first thing I come across

tenor-1.gif

I'll see myself out...

I think they’re coming straight from Nike. My guess on this whole situation is that if you remember to late August they took a week off SNKRS releases. And a few things were delayed such as the Burgundy V’s. I think they had a backlog of inventory getting to the U.S.

It might also explain them pushing what they had thru SD and EA and being short handed for other retailers. Hibbetts’ partnership with Nike might have put them first or even only in line for this stock.

If it weren’t coming from the Mississippi warehouse I might not think this is what happened, but this isn’t all sitting in a Hibbs WH.

My Hibbett order is coming from Memphis, so I would definitely agree with this.

Also linked my Nike account with the order. First time ever getting anything from Hibbett too.

So i opened the box sunday. I was really happy to discover the Jordan 8 Playoffs.
I was impressed by the quality, great material and the color of the leather on the side is great.
The smell of the shoes was OG, and i noticed the outsole was softer than the Aqua 2015.
The comfort inside the shoes is good but the aqua were more comfortable. But i think the cushion is just a little bit better than the aqua, not because the insole is better, but because the tehc specs is maybe OG as the outsole and the midsole are softer than the aqua (nobody told about that on youtube). When you push with your thumb the black outsole under the mud guard, on the aqua it was hard like wood, but on the playoffs it is nearly plush.
Despite that, really heavy shoe, 549 gr size 9, that is the only thing i was surprised in the bad way and it disappointed me because aqua 2015 weight only 500 and i wanted the same weight because the 2013 were heavier than the 2015 aqua. So i think the upper is heavier than the aqua, and it is a shame we didn't have the same upper material.
I can't wait to see the Bugs Bunny but i really hope they will have better material and weight under 500gr.
I missed my 2013 Bugs Bunny (526 gr size 9). It is real shame Nike didn't give us the card of the space jam 8!!
I was not blown away by the toe box material, i thought it will be like the quai 54. Quai 54 toe box was just OG!!

And last thing I noticed a mark on the midsole of the right shoe, maybe a lightsaber!!

IMG_0439.JPG IMG_0446.JPG
Also inside the left shoe above the strap.
IMG_0452.JPG
Toe box are symetric contrary to the Aqua 2015
IMG_0443.JPG
Heel midsole are also symetric
IMG_0444.JPG
left shoe lighter than the right like the Aqua.
IMG_0432.JPG IMG_0431.JPG

Overall, i don't like the upper material. The 6 playoffs had the same issue, the reason i can't say they were a great retro. So same thing for the 8 playoffs, i can't say i really love these! The thing i really love with the playoffs 2023, it is the midsole and the outsole. I really have the feeling it is soft so flexible to play bb. But the weight of the shoe send it impossible.
To come back to the upper, it is a shame because the first page of this thread, we could dream of better material. FB9E0A70-8DAD-46BA-A59C-366FA49D02DF.jpeg

Last edited:
Turns out, it was my 8s that came in today. Out the box, they feel heavier than the 2007 version. I'll take the time to compare them at a later date, but I'm not mad at how the material feels. Glad I got this W for retail, and as a bonus, I got a $25 coupon on StockX for the delayed pair I ordered and they canceled. Hopefully, I can find some use for it soon. On to my vacation...

The second pair from Hibbetts arrived today, so my brother gets a retail pair as well. This is a very good retro, and I'm happy we both get to rock these like it's 1993. Now I'll sit and see if these get a disco party, or if they finally release the Bugs pair...

Turns out, it was my 8s that came in today. Out the box, they feel heavier than the 2007 version. I'll take the time to compare them at a later date, but I'm not mad at how the material feels. Glad I got this W for retail, and as a bonus, I got a $25 coupon on StockX for the delayed pair I ordered and they canceled. Hopefully, I can find some use for it soon. On to my vacation...
They're most definitely heavier. I wear my 07 aquas often (somehow they're holding up) and the 07s are much lighter. I think part of it is midsole material. 2023 midsole seems denser.

Back
Top Bottom