Air jordan VIII Playoffs -Sep 30th - Updated:First official look!!

1000027053.jpg

Hibbets

You can...repair them...or just stare at them. Depends on your intentions. I have a DS pair of 07 playoffs, but they were my second pair after I beat my first pair to hell. Luckily, I am able to restore them.
Might seem like a dumb question, but will any online repair service do? Or do you repair them yourself? I have older pairs but I’ve never did a repairing process, though all of them are intact…

Is anyone else's pair coming from Middletown, PA via UPS?
Mine did. I ordered them Saturday morning and they came today.
Might seem like a dumb question, but will any online repair service do? Or do you repair them yourself? I have older pairs but I’ve never did a repairing process, though all of them are intact…
It's not a dumb question at all. Tbh, I think the best way to do it is to do it yourself, but there are two schools of thought on it...

If you're the type of person who just wants to wear them and doesn't want the hassle of doing some research to find materials and techniques on fixing shoes, then find a service to help you fix whatever you need to fix. My opinion on that is to scout out services that YOU feel are reputable and have experience in fixing the shoe you need to be repaired. There are a lot of people that say they can fix your ****, but they make it worse AND be taxing on top of that. If you have a local shoe repair shop that offers fixing retros, then try them and ask a lot of questions. I've seen an increase in shops around my area that say they do repairs.

Second train of thought..if you feel you can fix it yourself, learn as much about techniques and materials as you can in order to properly fix your shoe. I am the self-proclaimed laziest repair person in the world (mainly because I fix my own stuff), but I have watched a lot of videos on the shoes I want to fix and the problems I can possibly into. Each shoe has specific things and materials etc you need to restore them properly. It's a lot of trial and error, PATIENCE, and money because there are various materials you may need depending on the job.

That's just my 2 cents on it, but I like fixing shoes as side projects/stress relief, even though it sometimes causes me more stress running into problems fixing them lol

Also, the NT thread on repairs is a good resource to look through and ask questions.

Last edited:
Mine did. I ordered them Saturday morning and they came today.

It's not a dumb question at all. Tbh, I think the best way to do it is to do it yourself, but there are two schools of thought on it...

If you're the type of person who just wants to wear them and doesn't want the hassle of doing some research to find materials and techniques on fixing shoes, then find a service to help you fix whatever you need to fix. My opinion on that is to scout out services that YOU feel are reputable and have experience in fixing the shoe you need to be repaired. There are a lot of people that say they can fix your ****, but they make it worse AND be taxing on top of that. If you have a local shoe repair shop that offers fixing retros, then try them and ask a lot of questions. I've seen an increase in shops around my area that say they do repairs.

Second train of thought..if you feel you can fix it yourself, learn as much about techniques and materials as you can in order to properly fix your shoe. I am the self-proclaimed laziest repair person in the world (mainly because I fix my own stuff), but I have watched a lot of videos on the shoes I want to fix and the problems I can possibly into. Each shoe has specific things and materials etc you need to restore them properly. It's a lot of trial and error, PATIENCE, and money because there are various materials you may need depending on the job.

That's just my 2 cents on it, but I like fixing shoes as side projects/stress relief, even though it sometimes causes me more stress running into problems fixing them lol

Also, the NT thread on repairs is a good resource to look through and ask questions.
Thanks a lot for the information. Much appreciated! I’ll definitely check out that thread. I would rather learn to do it myself like you do.

Nike has almost a FSR on the Jordan 8's but took them off sale (you can see the sizes if you had favorited the shoe prior to them taking it off the site).
Makes me wonder if they're gearing up for a restock.

Restock tomorrow at 10 AM EST SNKRS.

Back
Top Bottom