Air Jordan XII Flu Game (PICS) 7/29 NEW UPDATED PICS!

you can still find the retros from a few years ago for just a little over retail so I don't get why some of you would pay $150 for these

Lou Williams in the Flu Games

photos

Hetty, i completely agree with you fam...but no way on God's earth have your OG 12s been worn 50+ times and still look like that.

Those look straight up DS...c'mon fam, your reaching...and who keeps count of how many times they worn each of their shoe?
Especially 50...I lose track after once...cmon now.
But i still completely agree with what you said to ol' boy smurf.

I copped my pair yesterday and honestly I'm surprised at how much I liked them once they were on my feet. No quality is not great I'll admit that, andthe shape is way off when you take them out the box, but put them on your feet and I think many of you will like how they look. Overall a decent release. Nowon to the white/red!

i'll probably cop these on rd and wait for the rising sun to go on clearance just like the nubucks
happy.gif

Damn young,Im feelin these joints more and more.Im coppin 2 pair..1 to ball in and one to wear casually..the same wit the white-red-black next month.All thatdamn glue that you can see on some of the pics of the shoes..still im coppin these swine flu games.

just copped from uta for 150 shipped, i figured that would be easiest since i have to start at 430 am for work on black friday. working retail ftl

Okay ive seen all this talk about quality and the difference between the OG's and Retro's. I gotta say something, I think the reason for lesser qualityon these shoes is because people are not playing ball in these retro's anymore, they buy them to wear around casually. So the quality is not high on thelist of the manufactures of the shoes. Jb is putting out color ways of what the people want to rock, not ball in. You cannot complain about quality on a shoeif you are not actually playing basketball in them. Jordans were originally made to play basketball in but since the masses buy them to wear around, JBunderstood that and put out shoes so they can make money, not high quality products. "Quality" is the last of thier worries. Like i said before theseare not made to play in, they are made to rock. A lot of the people in hear are complaining about the quality of these shoes, but i bet 90% of you will notplay a game of basketball in them and if you are thats your own fault for wearing shoes that the quailty on them is clearly lesser than the OG's. If youare looking for high quality basketball shoes i suggest going with the 14's 23's, kobe iv's or hyperdunks or anything that is not a retro even thomost OG's wont last today because they prolly have been sitting in a closet. Things will never be as good as the OG but thats part of life, things arenever as good as when they first came out. People should just be glad that they actually coming out with a colorway that everyone loves and wants. JB'soriginal goal was to make high quality basketball shoes, times have changed people are not wearing them to ball in anymore. Which in turn means lesser quailtyproducts, people need to realize the difference and why things arent as good as before. Thats my two cents. They look good to me, so i aintcomplaining.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by kvizzlefoshizzle

Okay ive seen all this talk about quality and the difference between the OG's and Retro's. I gotta say something, I think the reason for lesser quality on these shoes is because people are not playing ball in these retro's anymore, they buy them to wear around casually. So the quality is not high on the list of the manufactures of the shoes. Jb is putting out color ways of what the people want to rock, not ball in. You cannot complain about quality on a shoe if you are not actually playing basketball in them. Jordans were originally made to play basketball in but since the masses buy them to wear around, JB understood that and put out shoes so they can make money, not high quality products. "Quality" is the last of thier worries. Like i said before these are not made to play in, they are made to rock. A lot of the people in hear are complaining about the quality of these shoes, but i bet 90% of you will not play a game of basketball in them and if you are thats your own fault for wearing shoes that the quailty on them is clearly lesser than the OG's. If you are looking for high quality basketball shoes i suggest going with the 14's 23's, kobe iv's or hyperdunks or anything that is not a retro even tho most OG's wont last today because they prolly have been sitting in a closet. Things will never be as good as the OG but thats part of life, things are never as good as when they first came out. People should just be glad that they actually coming out with a colorway that everyone loves and wants. JB's original goal was to make high quality basketball shoes, times have changed people are not wearing them to ball in anymore. Which in turn means lesser quailty products, people need to realize the difference and why things arent as good as before. Thats my two cents. They look good to me, so i aint complaining.
nerd.gif

even if that is the case....and people are wearing them for casual wear and just for the look....how does that affect paint chipping off of midsoles....this isnot an issue from heavy abuse on the basketball court....this is normal wear....even the leather quality issue....that has nothing to do with basketball....theshoe is gonna perform exactly the same in soft thick leather as it would the synthetic garbage they use....this has everything to do with money.....they wantto make a bigger profit so they up the price and downgrade the materials..and it is really as simple as that.....and for the record....the flu games areprobably better for basketball than the og 12s were....the flu games are less weight, not as bulky, and the zoom air is better

Originally Posted by kvizzlefoshizzle

Okay ive seen all this talk about quality and the difference between the OG's and Retro's. I gotta say something, I think the reason for lesser quality on these shoes is because people are not playing ball in these retro's anymore, they buy them to wear around casually. So the quality is not high on the list of the manufactures of the shoes. Jb is putting out color ways of what the people want to rock, not ball in. You cannot complain about quality on a shoe if you are not actually playing basketball in them. Jordans were originally made to play basketball in but since the masses buy them to wear around, JB understood that and put out shoes so they can make money, not high quality products. "Quality" is the last of thier worries. Like i said before these are not made to play in, they are made to rock. A lot of the people in hear are complaining about the quality of these shoes, but i bet 90% of you will not play a game of basketball in them and if you are thats your own fault for wearing shoes that the quailty on them is clearly lesser than the OG's. If you are looking for high quality basketball shoes i suggest going with the 14's 23's, kobe iv's or hyperdunks or anything that is not a retro even tho most OG's wont last today because they prolly have been sitting in a closet. Things will never be as good as the OG but thats part of life, things are never as good as when they first came out. People should just be glad that they actually coming out with a colorway that everyone loves and wants. JB's original goal was to make high quality basketball shoes, times have changed people are not wearing them to ball in anymore. Which in turn means lesser quailty products, people need to realize the difference and why things arent as good as before. Thats my two cents. They look good to me, so i aint complaining.
nerd.gif
I agree 100%...

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

Hetty, i completely agree with you fam...but no way on God's earth have your OG 12s been worn 50+ times and still look like that.

Those look straight up DS...c'mon fam, your reaching...and who keeps count of how many times they worn each of their shoe?
Especially 50...I lose track after once...cmon now.
But i still completely agree with what you said to ol' boy smurf.
I wear them all the time, way more than I can count.

They dont crease

Its a well known fact that OG 12's are maybe the most durable Jordan ever made.....the Retro's with their thin leather are hardly comparable in qualityto the OG's

Originally Posted by asilva23

this shoe is solid no matter how you want to look at it. don't sleep!

So the soles are clear like the OG's?

They were painted red on the 2003 retro's correct?

no need to line up for this one
tired.gif
i have a feeling these will still bearound weeks after rd
grin.gif
we also might see this on clearance just like thenubucks and the soon to be clearanced rising sun
tired.gif

i would consider myself a JB purist, however, i don't think these are thaaaat bad. i may cop on sale.

Back
Top Bottom