Air Jordan XIII Sneaker Cake my wife made me for my birthday. Ray Allen PE edition!

My wife has a part time cake decorating business as well as her full time job as a nurse and health coach. I always show here the sneaker cakes that get posted on Sneaker News from time to time.
She threw me a Celtics themed surprise birthday party on Friday, and the cake was the best part. She made me a cake replica of the Air Jordan XIII Ray Allen PE and served it on a Jordan Brand box. She even got the box right, picking the old style box those shoes actually came in. 

Here are the pics.

and it was delicious Chocolate cake with Strawberry icing:

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Legit:

Shape and material correct

Hologram correct

Ray and ball on point

correct green color

icing on point

correct carbon fiber cake plate

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by aphexacid

Legit:

Hologram correct

Ray and ball on point

correct green color

icing on point

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Awesome work

Originally Posted by aphexacid

Legit:

Hologram correct

Ray and ball on point

correct green color

icing on point

pimp.gif

I just showed her this comment and she cracked up.

Amazing. Coming from someone who knows what kinda work goes into baking and cake decorating in general, that is a tremendous job on her part.
pimp.gif

DOPE.

My wife did a PR3 AF1 Cake (one of my fave AF1's and we got married in PR) for me for our wedding that I never posted on here. That was 2.5 years ago.

I'ma get it up here one of these days. But she had it done by a pro. NO WAY she could pull some *%+! like this off.

Pretty incredible. She's a keeper!

I apologize for continuously bumping this thread, but due to the Sneaker News, Kix and the City, and Modern Notoriety stories on this cake, a local radio station in Boston, Mix 104.1, has called my wife and wants her to recreate a copy of the cake for their morning show. The host said they are trying to get in touch with Ray Allen himself to come see it or at least call in to the show.

pimp.gif
beansietime wrote:

I apologize for continuously bumping this thread, but due to the Sneaker News, Kix and the City, and Modern Notoriety stories on this cake, a local radio station in Boston, Mix 104.1, has called my wife and wants her to recreate a copy of the cake for their morning show. The host said they are trying to get in touch with Ray Allen himself to come see it or at least call in to the show.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That kind of talent shouldn't go unnoticed.  Props my man.

So we just spoke to the radio station. My wife has to make another copy of the cake tonight, then we are going to bring it to the studio tomorrow. We'll then be on the radio with them at 7:10 AM on Mix 104.1 in Boston. They stream online too if anyone wants to listen. I'll give NT a shoutout.

Originally Posted by beansietime

So we just spoke to the radio station. My wife has to make another copy of the cake tonight, then we are going to bring it to the studio tomorrow. We'll then be on the radio with them at 7:10 AM on Mix 104.1 in Boston. They stream online too if anyone wants to listen. I'll give NT a shoutout.

gonna be real good business for your wife's cake business. congrats

Originally Posted by beansietime

pimp.gif

Congrats.  you have to take pics of that one too.

Back
Top Bottom