Air Jordan XVIII - Top eyelet problem [ PICS ]

Finally busted out a brand new pair of black/sport royal XVIII's for ball this week... After only my second wear, the"chrome" top eyelet snaps.
ohwell.gif
Anyone one else have this happen?

2zdx1rb.jpg

aquzl.jpg

Damn. Sorry to hear that. Try taking one off the CDP's,. It might work. Havent really seen my CDP's and how they are attached.

man that sucks...thats why i never used the eyelets
but best thing you can do is swap some over from another pair.

Yea, your best bet is to try and swap with another pair. I don't have 18s, so I can't really picture this. Sorry to hear that man.

You could try to apply a little cold weld to it carefully and you could maybe "glue" it back together that way. It would be unusable after that,though, just make them look a little better.

Damn, that really sucks.
I never tie up the laces up to the eyelet.

Those 18's are still so fresh though.

You had the lace through the eyelet AND the shoe, right?

Or did you just put it through the plastic eyelet and tighten them thinking it would hold?

I was going to ask if you were actually Keon Clark but then I remembered he is in prison AGAIN. Chose weed and coke over a contract.
frown.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by w3stchicago

Damn. Sorry to hear that. Try taking one off the CDP's,. It might work. Havent really seen my CDP's and how they are attached.
wow, I have to check my CDP

damn bra thats messed up, espically after just your second wear, your best bet would be to look for some busted ones that you can get for dirt cheap, as longas the chrome eyelet is still intact and just swap them, ive done this for a couple pairs,just buy some beat ones and swap the piece

dat hurt me, dose are beautiful... sorry, best thing i could say is use crazy glue and dont string them up to the eyelet...

Known issue.

What I do is not use it. Lace it through the suede and leave the "chrome" (plastic) free

speaking of the XVIII's, how do you loosen these laces? my cdp's are snug and geting to those bottom laces are almost impossible.

damn........that sucks. i didn't even think they were supposed to be laced up that high haha. they're plastic.

You had the lace through the eyelet AND the shoe, right?

Yep, through the shoe and the eyelet.

They are still wearable for the most part, might just glue it but not use them anymore. But, still dissapointing..

That part broke off a pair of mine too. They were brand new. Defective plastic. I never hat that same piece break on any of my 8's, but it was connected tostraps, not laces.

For those with CDP 18's, the eyelet is a different shape - a little bigger and beefier. It's probably less likely to happen.

air-jordan-xviii-countdown-pack-black-red-11.jpg

shoes_nike_air_jordan_18c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom