Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

Just saw ray allen's pe red XVIII in the nba thread. Those look great, nike should retro the XVIII and give them the xx8 treatment with all sorts of colors

I just bought the Green/Camos and the sales rep told me that they were the only Footlocker in the area that received any of the XX8's.  She stated that they should get a restock in a couple of weeks.  I think this weekend was a test release to check out the demand for the product.  I'm thinking they will release in more stores in the coming weeks.  I can't say that this strategy isn't smart business.  

Shoes are produced months in advance. They can't just whip up thousands of new pairs and have them delivered to stores in a couple of weeks.

ok, i'm totally sold on the red camos now after seeing the latest pics.

hopefully we get a confirmed release date soon. if the red camos, blue camos, and yellow camos are really dropping all on the same day, that's gonna be wild.

Shoes are produced months in advance. They can't just whip up thousands of new pairs and have them delivered to stores in a couple of weeks.
I'm very much aware of that.  However, given the fact that the last flagship model Air Jordans have hit the sales racks and outlets it wouldn't be out of the question that JB wanted to try a new marketing approach.  There are a ton of stores here that had the XX8 on their manifest but didn't get the shoes.  I was just giving information about what I knew and what was relayed to me by a rep.  Whether its true or not remains to be seen.  
grin.gif

I thought the new approach is not releasing the flagship Jordan in abundance. Didn't Tinker mention this in one of his Jordan XX8 interviews?

I thought the new approach is not releasing the flagship Jordan in abundance. Didn't Tinker mention this in one of his Jordan XX8 interviews?
You may be correct with that.  I don't recall seeing that interview but it would make a lot of sense given the limited availability of the shoe.  Good looking out and thanks for the clarification.  
smile.gif

Last edited:
Oh man you wanna hear about frustration, I live in Sydney Australia and these aren't coming to my city at all.

I can't even hold a pair in my hands!

I think JB produced of the black/volts, green camo and red camo around 25.000 pairs each maximum,
not like the standard general release amount of around 300.000 pairs.

Maybe even JB did not know the demand was actually higher than the hate.

So after looking at a rendering of the XX8 in white/red-black I think I could give these a shot. They seem a lot like the 2012 where the right color could save the concept. I was very critical in the begging, but it still would depend on them hitting NikeID. does anybody know when they will hit ID?

Just went to hoh ...still have xx8..the quality of this shoe is great..the comfort is on par with the LeBron x...just didn't have the 250 to drop today but def coppin n a couple days just put them on hold

And when the red camo drop..i can say will cop..jb really shocked me with these..was on the fence just needed to see them in person and try on

The colorways are a little too much for me. I would like an all black pair with a transparent color sole. Hopefully NIKEID can provide that.

JB's strategy here seems to be likening these to a high-end, luxury performace car (not that I agree with that). They're hard to get because they don't want everyone playing in these.

It's different than how Jordans used to launch - it was a big event in a different way. You could stroll in on release date, check them out, and buy them. Now it's a big event because you have to jump through hoops to be one of the select few who can drop $250 on them.

I guess it's a good strategy because they don't have MJ to sell the shoes really; they have Russell Westbrook, so they need to make up for it a little.

And no, that doesn't mean people who did jump through hoops to get these were "brainwashed" or anything. At least, not all of them.

For that amount they should come with a built in mouth to please me while I play! Lol can't really be mad at JB, not his fault people are idiots. Just think of the outlet price smh
roll.gif
$120?

Half of my team-issued/game worn short collection cost less than that. 

outlet price wouldnt even be good on these it would take bum off the street price for me to ever buy a pair lol and i still wouldnt

So far I think the only pair I'd get for retail but preferably less would be the blue pair. Also the perforated white pair is growing on me

Back
Top Bottom