Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

Depending on how high the cut is I'll cop on sale for ball. I can kinda see these being cool zipped down with jeans but the "2,3" on the sides kills it. I actually really like shoes like this, (Gloves, Ultraflights etc.) but these are a bit much. I can't wait to put my hands on them.

the Air Jordan XX8 is one of the biggest fail's in jordan brand history

makes the jordan 15's a classic shoe

this shoe will hit outlets like never before & i believe one of the biggest Return To Vender in nike's history

Last edited:
Casually they don't look too bad zipped down. But for ball, which is what I'd be wearing them for, they have some nice technology comfort wise. Doesn't look like it will breathe well though and I'm not sure the 8" cut that Tinker was bragging about will catch on. It's way ahead of its time.

I don't think they're that bad, most people will wear them like this

This is a damn shame. How can a bunch of designers over at JB sit around a table and agree that this is a good looking sneaker??

These will sit on shelves at retail, then sit at outlets...

Last edited:
Is the event over? What's the price? Is it because everybody at the event know these won't even sell, so didn't bother to ask? :tongue:

why is Tinker wearing a backpack?
I see Tinker is using MJ's stylist now too...
Anyway..."The new flagship shoe implements carbon fiber based “Jordan Flight Plate” technology underfoot with exposed maximum volume Zoom Air units for an energy efficient and propulsive setup."
Sounds hella comfy; I'd cop on sale to hoop in.

hes going through his mid life crises dressing like hes a Brooklyn hipster with lost ideas

why dont jordan brand just give it up on a yearly marquee shoe and just stick with retros

Last edited:
Thank You God, Michael Jordan is well retired and wont be seen wearing these in games. For  someone whos been buying and collecting Jordans for 25yrs, I am speechless.

*first reaction*
ffs
so plane... jeezz,, oh wait i see what they are doing.
xxviii = xviii
these are as boring and ugly as the plane jane XVIII which i will never buy (unless the patone lasers come out)
that outter needs something.... anything.

I can understand the feelings toward the Jordan XXVIII (28), but in regards to the Jordan XVIII (18), they were and still are a really dope shoe! Classic and one of the most comfortable! Keep in mind most of the time Jordans are a shoe that is usually simple with, small details that make the shoe pop. As well Jordans also usually push the envelope, I rememberd everyone hated the Jordan 13 when it first dropped now it is a classic, and the most sought after Jordans are usually the "plain", simple classic colorways. Not saying that I am fully on board with these, but just a few things to think about when it comes to Jordan. To be honest with everyone dropping, busy, bright colorfull kicks, these will stand out and be refreshing in a way. >D

Last edited:
Damn, these r $250? They just put more carbon fiber on it, and raise the hell out of it, just like the lebron elite. Is carbon fiber really that expensive???

Im seeing under that big glove is the upper of the 11 and the tongue of last years i think. Not really good. I can't wait to see how Russell does in these. I'll wait to see official breakdown videos because Im just looking at them super confused.

Last edited:
Naw bro, the Jordan XVIII (18), were a really dope shoe! Classic and one of the most comfortable! Keep in mind most of the time Jordans are a shoe that is usually simple with, small details that make the shoe pop. As well Jordans also usually push the envelope, I rememberd everyone hated the Jordan 13 when it first dropped now it is a classic , and the most sought after Jordans are usually the "plain", simple classic colorways. Not saying that I am fully on board with these, but just a few things to think about when it comes to Jordan. To be honest with everyone dropping, busy, bright colorfull kicks, these will stand out and be refreshing in a way. >D
^This

Damn, these r $250? They just put more carbon fiber on it, and raise the hell out of it, just like the lebron elite. Is carbon fiber really that expensive???

YES it is, but for most people carbon fiber is overkill. Most plastics provide more than enough support for everyday folks (sprintframe). The Lebrons of the world may benefit from putting it in shoes (strength + lightweight) but not the person who would buy an air jordan.

Back
Top Bottom