Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

I didn't know batman had that heat :pimp:

Anyway, since the 2k series began they have pretty much given up on making it innovative. Simple as that.

Well said method man.
:D I actually like them..but the ventilation will probably be bad with the full-zip.
:lol: Tinker looks like Freddy Krueger.
^That video has me thinking how tech can basketball shoes get.
Wilt played in these...

Last edited:
Bravo JB! I like them and I plan to wear them zipped up in the summer. The first words that pop in my head when i see this design is "field general" "shogun" "commander" because these shoes give off the presences of authority and relentless offense. I like the risk and direction they went and it seems like these shoes are really geared for performance and comfortability. Im very interested in how the encapsulated Zoom Air inside the foam feels. Im feeling the carbon fiber placements around the midsole. The 8" height of this shoe instantly attracted me and the volt contrast is well done. I like futuristic, daring, stout shoe designs and the XXVIIIs (i refuse to put a 8) got it all as far as im concerned. Im plan to get this colorway and crossing my fingers for a UNC inspired shoe. I hope these are slept on so i can get a pair easy. When do these drop?

WoW...these are a worse version of the Glove. JB used to want to head in the "no shoelace" direction, missed the mark by using shrouds ( AJ 16-19) abandoned it for a while, and came back with this crap. I can't see any pro player that wants more material hanging off their shoe during a game (unzipped look). and the zipped finished product is an atrocity. :smh: The Lebron shoe is blowing jordan out of the water now! I think it's time to send tinker on his way. Much credit given for past designs, but even MJ had to call it quits after his comeback. Clean house, except for the performance tech team. Get some younger fresher designers. This shoe is a product of overthinking innovation and disregarding the basic style with small flares that got you where you are...or should i say were.

I now clearly see why D Wade left Jordan Brand. Tinker probably showed him these saying they're getting rid of the FlyWade for these and D Wade was like DEUCES!!!!

Another thing the Jordan 16 started off with the military boot look and the shroud, and again MAJORITY of people didn't like them, but as usual NOW it is a CLASSIC and very much sought after. Just throwing that out there.
The difference though, is that we we were able to take the shroud off of the 16, and they looked better. These you cannot.

Last edited:
Maybe Jordan should go the do like the Kobe line and focus on lower silhouettes. Or why not attempt an 11.0? This looks like it started good at the sole and midsole and by the time they got to the upper those 10 tequila shots started taking effect.

Naw bro, the Jordan XVIII (18), were a really dope shoe! Classic and one of the most comfortable! Keep in mind most of the time Jordans are a shoe that is usually simple with, small details that make the shoe pop. As well Jordans also usually push the envelope, I rememberd everyone hated the Jordan 13 when it first dropped now it is a classic , and the most sought after Jordans are usually the "plain", simple classic colorways. Not saying that I am fully on board with these, but just a few things to think about when it comes to Jordan. To be honest with everyone dropping, busy, bright colorfull kicks, these will stand out and be refreshing in a way.
grin.gif
^This
quit sippin da kool-aid b, you can't even give da XVIII's away..joints were washed up beach scum.

and da XIII's were a hit da min they drop..i dunno anyone who DIDN'T like em when they dropped.

Performance wise these might be good. As far as looks, when zipped up, you might as well wear black plastic bags
laugh.gif

Y'all talking about shoes being ugly at first to people and now being classic need to shut it. The xix's classic? The XXII's classic? NO! Ugly is ugly is ugly. These are garbage. When the older Jordan's came out it was a different era. Nobody was into shoes like today. Shoot, if they weren't a bulls color nobody bought them no matter what the cost. And having last years Jordan's on..... Forget about that unless you like being clowned.

These new Jordan's are just atrocious, and the price is comedy

First Air Jordan 2013 image.

Commenter in this CounterKicks post translated the Chinese tech description:

Translation:

- Proplate Zoom increases energy returned after jumping by 46%
- Dynamic linking system provides better ergonomic fit
- Integrates with internet, enhances wearing experience

So, new "Proplate Zoom" Jordan exclusive tech and some type of Nike+ integration into the next AJ...
[h1]Update 12/3/2012:[/h1]
900x900px-LL-930776e8_78ba0fbe3d9711e29ad022000a1f9a79_7.jpeg

900x900px-LL-9a176af3_rk7x49.jpeg
900x900px-LL-43b26946_A9Of-P8CUAA5mbh.jpeg
900x900px-LL-4bdb9448_5bbf69fc3d9911e2891a22000a9d0ec6_7.jpeg
900x900px-LL-25816089_ssjrw.jpeg

Retail price:  $250
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

These are the shoes MJ had on when he got banned from the golf course, lol. Hopefully when Tinker is thought of these will be erased like MJ days with the wizards

Tinker was behind these???? Lol I'd love to hear his explanation for these. Nothing can beat his stupid explanation for the "hole" on the 2010's .

I'm sure the performance is gonna be great, but its like buying an ugly sports car(Nissan GTR). No matter how good it performs, its still *** ugly.

Unzipped these are actually pretty hot, not gonna lie.

If there wasn't a clear sole, these would be a great winter summer double.

Back
Top Bottom