Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

With the top dropped these don't look bad at all. And with the zipper up with some jeans over it also a good look i'd say cop for me.

An NBA player would now have their ankles taped, socks, and now a shroud. I could see some ball players opting for the zipped down if they are able to play in them like that. 

.. and I thought the XV's were ugly... PUKE!
mean.gif

What is JB thinking with these.. why do we need a zipper that has a boot? Is this supposed to give more support..

They look like they were inspired by Buffalo Bill...

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics trethousandgt. The XXVIIIs are FIRE zipped up!! They are a breath of fresh air from a tired re-re-re-release of a I-XIV shoe. A lot of people complain about JB stance on quality and design. Well here is something new and fresh cooked up and a majority of people that posted in the thread are hating on these shoes. They may not be everyone's taste but at least this is a fresh design in todays landscape. What else is JB dropping in the upcoming future? Some shoes that came out 23-28 years ago? I like these and will be camping out at the mall for them soon as I find out a release date. XXVIIIs FTW

No problem glad everyone is enjoying them. I agree, this design is a breath of fresh air I love the design and even more so the fact that their very light weight and breathable. Interested to see some more colorways

No problem glad everyone is enjoying them. I agree, this design is a breath of fresh air I love the design and even more so the fact that their very light weight and breathable. Interested to see some more colorways
"breath of fresh air" I guess is one way to put it..

Last edited:
Haha I love this shoe so much already it's ridiculous. Look at the response this unveiling has caused so far... pretty incredible.

I have a few random thoughts that I just wanted to get out there..

These look like blacked out Air Mags to me, but simpler. An autolacing system or a completely seamless upper with no zipper would have been preferred yes but the zipper accomplishes the needed functionality.

I love how the upper is completely plain, it's like an unused canvas. Maybe in the future instead of one solid color upper we get some far out print design on there.

The tech looks loaded out as usual. This is why you're paying 250.00. I don't have a problem with the price and will be there in line day one. I haven't bought a signature Jordan or Non-Retro since the XX3. Like others have said, thank god this is actually a creative new direction and this is what I'd imagine shoes looking like in 2013 when I was a kid.

Also, can you imagine a young Michael Jordan actually playing in these in his prime, but now in 2013? How awesome would that look? :smokin

everything after the 20s are kinda bull to me but for some reason i like these after looking at  the pic where they are unzipped  but i cant see myself wearing a sneaker that almost touches your knee after its zipped up

everything after the 20s are kinda bull to me but for some reason i like these after looking at  the pic where they are unzipped  but i cant see myself wearing a sneaker that almost touches your knee after its zipped up

Hit times square next summer. I guarantee you will see dudes rockin 'em like that.

Last edited:
2012s felt incredible on the court, but anywhere else just didn't look right. I proudly wear them when i hoop, and these look to be even better on-court quality, but price is just pushing it. For $250 it better tell me when to release my shot...

These old guys aren't hip Tinker copying how hiroshi fujiwara dresses isnt hip . This just boring and lazy.This shoe insides are damn 2012s its just covered in a shroud.The design is lazy and uninspired this shoe has no actual support. 250 price tag is stupid they just finished failing on the 2012 most stores rtved their pairs. Its pathetic how far they have fallen Nike + is a failure thats getting rtved next and discounted. Honestly from the president of jordan brand coming out in a chopper suit,to propping up the knicks mascot Spike Lee who is a shadow of himself as a director and Tinker who more less doesn't even exist anymore. IT just reeks of the old guys trying to be cool like your dad listening to eminem to prove how hip he is to you..

This isnt a sneaker this is a piece of equipment

From the concept photos it didn't look bad. But making the shroud come up 8" is a bit much. I'd like to see if the low version can save this design. A low would be nice.

Mark my words: in 2017, Jordan brand will be sold in Wal Mart. EVERY OUNCE of talent must have left the company after the XX1s released. This is a travesty. Michael himself must be designing his own kicks now.

its only right for these to be showcased by the greatest dresser of all time spike lee, second greatest dresser of all time michael jordan, and tinker hatfield dressed like usher...

and the people who say these are fire are either being sarcastic or just goin against the grain.

what the hell were they thinking?

oh yea its jordan brand. they never think...

smh at 250 bucks. for that crap

Back
Top Bottom