Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

imma be waiting till they come out with a "se" version or something so they can reload...these are sooooooooo wash.
I said the same thing a few pages back. I like to shoe it's just to much to rock with shorts. With jeans though they are going to be very sleek and nice.

LL
This pick pic kind of looks like he tuck the tall part in and like that they are 100X doper! They will definately have a scaled down version!

Last edited:
this is a old idea when you think about it.

look at da XVI lows.

xvi_low_front_400.jpg

that upper would fold up if you wanted more of a higher top feel and lace em down and fold em if you wanted em low.
I wish they would bring these out one more time... Absolutely loved the XVI lows, especially this color way. The all black was nice too.

Everyone keeps compairing these to the GP's, but the fact is they are more like the Pippens and J. Kidd's, if anything.

Excited to see these in person, and try them on to see how they feel

JB pushing the envelope in the sig line is good for everyone

while nike bb has focused on weight and cushioning which is used fromt he running line in the lunarlon

it is good to see jb trying something different,these wont be truly appreciated until you try them on.

Also Im sure that these will hit ID and those options with the shroud will be interesting to see

this is a old idea when you think about it.

look at da XVI lows.

xvi_low_front_400.jpg

that upper would fold up if you wanted more of a higher top feel and lace em down and fold em if you wanted em low.
They're definitely doing an "se" version of the XX8. I think the XIX SE sold better than the regular ones because people didn't like the shroud but did like the performance. I see the same thing happening here.

This is so much like the old days. Some of the shoes that are called classics now have had the same things said about them that people are saying about these. The major difference is, Michael would go out and score 40-50 points in the old kicks, and ocasionally win a ring in them.

I don't remember ANY Air Jordan that was an instant classic. Especially not the XIs. The things he did in those sneakers made us change our minds about a lot of them.

Me personally, I'm undecided about these. Some pics they look great, others....uuum, I'll just wait to see them in person. We can't really complain about the price tag, because Air Jordans have always been rediculously over-priced. It's tradition.

With better (more) colorways and a star athelete having amazing game perfomances in these, I'm sure they'd sell out at retail, and become a very sought after sneaker in the sig line.

Last edited:
I wish they would release those XVI lows, one of my favorites had 2 sell both pairs back in the day

All this shroud talk reminds me of when the 16s and 17s first came out.

oh. you mean the two shoes that had REMOVABLE shrouds?

how could that remind you of a shoe that you cant remove the shroud from?

the new colorway makes them even worse. But im sure drag queens worldwide are rejoicing. they finally have a shoe they can play ball in the rain with AND hit the clubs with afterwards...

Last edited:
I've owned plenty of Nikes that zipped up, none of which were Gary Paytons.
So what is this obsession with comparing the new Jordan to Paytons?
Flightposites, Flightposite IIs, Shox VCs, Shox XTs and plenty of others all zipped up.
Not understanding.

because the gp shoe came out before all of the shoes you mentioned

not hard to understand

Last edited:
Seeing those lows brings back memories of the all black I had. Always thought the white/red were clean. IMO the XX8 looks best with a solid color. $250 no way. 2012 could be found for 100. I'm sure some of these will hit the deep discount.

oh. you mean the two shoes that had REMOVABLE shrouds?
how could that remind you of a shoe that you cant remove the shroud from?
the new colorway makes them even worse. But im sure drag queens worldwide are rejoicing. they finally have a shoe they can play ball in the rain with AND hit the clubs with afterwards...
The general discussion about the shoe and shroud is the same, not the shoes themselves.

Still not completely sold but seeing Westbrook rock these on the court make them look a lot better to me. Dat colorway :nthat:

new zoom thingy is basically it sticked out further than the rest of the sole and has a space around it. kinda sounds like zoom ips to me, but with one big arsed pod.

Last edited:
because the gp shoe came out before all of the shoes you mentioned
not hard to understand

So every shoe until the end of time that has a zipper should be obsessively compared to the GP? The halls of NT filled with shock even though plenty of shoes have featured a zipper?

Ya know what came out before the GP? Roos.

So should we be goin' nuts about the XX8 being a roos ripoff?

Back
Top Bottom