Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

from a business standpoint that makes no sense, since the object is to get you to buy what they want you to buy at the moment

if he shows something worthwhile thats for the future or never comes out, then that distracts attention away from current underwhelming xx8's
believe it or not marcus is apart of jordan brand marketing

Well of course it doesnt make business sense lol. He's just another dude on instagram showing off his shoes. There is no business involved here. You really think Jordan Brands marketing department is behind the curtains of this crappy picture?

JB knows they have a lot of people hooked. Retroes will be priced $200 one day, whether it's 5 months from now, or 5 years, either way it's gonna happen. It's a combination of thirst and people having money to blow on why people pay over retail.

Beginning with the success of the "Nike Air" AJII, I'm sure Jordan Brand will start charging that price sooner rather than later...just because of stiching on the heel.

I remember my Mom buying those IIIs for me for $60 in '88 when I was in middle school..and that was considered expensive, even with new tech and real leather.

Now here are the XX8s...for $250. While not as spectacular to me as my favs of the IV-VII, XI, XVI, XVIII or XXIII, I still see the appeal of these. They remind me soooo much of the 'Gloves' I had back in the day.

I've already purchased the Black/Green pair, and I'm looking forward to the Black/Red pair. That'll be it for me unless I can get a pair on sale. The comfort is amazing...

I just have a feeling that if these weren't JB related, but rather just Nike (like the Hyperposites), public reception would be somewhat different. Besides, part of the reason you have an affection for a shoe, at least in my case, was because you saw some of your fav players wearing them...for now I've only seen Russell Westbrook...and he's not even the top PG in the league.

I wish this shoe moderate success, because I like this model. But that $250 price point is not for the faint of heart. These should've been $220...tops. Retros..that pricing is ridiculous all-together.

Beginning with the success of the "Nike Air" AJII, I'm sure Jordan Brand will start charging that price sooner rather than later...just because of stiching on the heel.

I remember my Mom buying those IIIs for me for $60 in '88 when I was in middle school..and that was considered expensive, even with new tech and real leather.

Now here are the XX8s...for $250. While not as spectacular to me as my favs of the IV-VII, XI, XVI, XVIII or XXIII, I still see the appeal of these. They remind me soooo much of the 'Gloves' I had back in the day.

I've already purchased the Black/Green pair, and I'm looking forward to the Black/Red pair. That'll be it for me unless I can get a pair on sale. The comfort is amazing...

I just have a feeling that if these weren't JB related, but rather just Nike (like the Hyperposites), public reception would be somewhat different. Besides, part of the reason you have an affection for a shoe, at least in my case, was because you saw some of your fav players wearing them...for now I've only seen Russell Westbrook...and he's not even the top PG in the league.

I wish this shoe moderate success, because I like this model. But that $250 price point is not for the faint of heart. These should've been $220...tops. Retros..that pricing is ridiculous all-together.
if these werent jb related public reception would be even worse IMO

Well of course it doesnt make business sense lol. He's just another dude on instagram showing off his shoes. There is no business involved here. You really think Jordan Brands marketing department is behind the curtains of this crappy picture?

Probably not. But Vanessa Bryant has been showcasing the newest upcoming Kobe 8s on her instagram, and people eat the pics up. She's even dropping release dates...

Instagram is a powerful marketing tool...

MJ.jpg

http://sneakerreport.com/features/25-classic-nba-players-and-the-sneakers-they-should-have-worn/26
They put them on the wrong feet.......

if these werent jb related public reception would be even worse IMO

I can understand your opinion...a lot of these upcoming colorways won't help this shoe IMO.

If that red pair had a nubuck sleeve, I think they'd be a little better. But some of these colorways I've seen are ridiculous to me, and worse for $250.

This shoe just neeeded 6 - 8 colorways, make them somewhat limited and they'd sell better.

But what do I know? Guess we'll all find out together...

Last edited:
I can understand your opinion...a lot of these upcoming colorways won't help this shoe IMO.

If that red pair had a nubuck sleeve, I think they'd be a little better. But some of these colorways I've seen are ridiculous to me, and worse for $250.

This shoe just neeeded 6 - 8 colorways, make them somewhat limited and they'd sell better.

But what do I know? Guess we'll all find out together...
im sure theyll sell i dont think they are making a ton of these. and they succeeded making the hype on these greater after the initial release (i think). this doesnt seem like a general release shoe like most of the other jordans. seems more like a little sceme to see how stupid the consumers are. im sure these dont cost barely any more to make than any other shoe. all the materials are synthetic on these... but yet they can make people believe its the worlds greatest shoe just by having them press down on the zoom air a bit more pretty much.....
mean.gif
 people fall for anything

In my opinion, I hope people are not buying these to wear casually. There's a million shoes you can wear before these. These are for basketball.

somebody please tell me y did jumpman skip  j24 j25 j26 j27 and jump straight to 28???

Because MJ wore 23, so JB thought it would be cute to discontinue numbering the shoes (roman numeral style) after the 23rd model.

But the sales of the 2009 -2012 were pretty lackluster, so to try to rejuvenate the line, they stsrted using roman numerals again to coincide with MJ's 50th birthday.

Sorry but i dont remember that there was a better
Basketballshoe for guards in 1993 and 1994 than the
Og aj 8 and 9.
The aj 14 in 1998 was also a great shoe for players who
Need quickness a lot.
Aj 15 was a big disappointment while aj 16 and 17 were
Very good shoes to ball again.
Aj 18 was a bit too boxy at the toe box,
Aj 19 was overall good but the soft cushioning is not
Recommended for guards who need a quick step.
20 was average, while the 21 was a very good basketballshoe
Again.
Aj 22 to 2009 i dont have so i cannot tell.
Aj 2010 i havent balled in yet.
Aj 2011 is my favorite air jordan to play competitive basketball so far,
Light, comfortable, great grip.
Aj 2012 i havent balled yet but many said they are even better.I have 
Form those I had the 14, 16, and 18. I was very impressed with all of them performance wise. I tried the 17 briefly but the shape wasn't compatible with my feet so I returned them. I feel so old reminiscing about shoes from over a decade ago.

cant decide between red an blue camo. Red got the classic jordan feel, blue would match more of my clothes.

An being from pittsburgh i even gotta think about the yellow matching all sports stuff lol.
I like the Red colorway, but I dont know why they did a color pack. I really like the fit, comfort and performance but the way this pic is set up really reminded me of this.
eyes.gif

I've been wearing Jordans since 92 and as much as I loved them, they were never the best performance basketball shoe. Hate to burst your bubble but that's just how it is. So thanks for acting like I'm a n00b, but no, OG Jordans were not some great performance shoe the way some of you would like to recreate history just to slant retros. The funniest part is that I still own a number of OGs that are wearable and to suggest the retros are much - if any - worse from a performance standpoint is laughable.

If from 1992 until 2013, there was never an Air Jordan that you thought performed well, and yet you continued to buy them anyway, that says a lot about your priorities and level of common sense.

The fact that you believe your opinion on a subjective matter is "just how it is" seems like the statement of a very self absorbed and delusional man.

You sound like a maniac talking about buying a series of shoes for over two decades despite not being satisfied with their performance. Would seem you are the one consumed with hype.

People have always enjoyed the style of the shoe, even if it was designed strictly for basketball performance use in the decades past. Maybe the look, design, and visual appeal of the shoe justified the purchase even though he didn't feel the shoe was the best performing on the market.

I'm not trying to attack anyone, but your posts are taking a holier-than-thou elitist attitude just because you go strictly for performance. I said earlier, they've never been that way, otherwise shoe designers would just keep using the same visual concepts with new and improved technology.

I personally can't hate on the 28s cause I like them. From a aesthetic standpoint they are quite different from others kicks seen on court. I heard that these kicks were really great performance shoes though. The only thing I dislike is the lack of ventilation in the shoe

250 for a shoe JORDAN never touched ?? Come on Nike wants to keep the brand going strong when MJ has been retired and is a true goat but **** talk about HYPE SPREADING !! Worse then the actually 160 low quality retros Jordan actually wore , this shoe looks very feminite to me no style no real creativity to the shoe at all just a HUGE SOCK WITH A SOLE FOR 250 SUCK ME SLOW NIKE!!!

It would seem the only one falling for hype here is you. You'd rather wear a low quality technologically inferior sneaker simply because it's an imitation of a shoe someone famous used to wear. Some of us are athletes and would prefer the highest quality athletic equipment available.

If your footwear decisions are predicated on some crush you have on another man, so be it.
are you an athlete for real though? or more like an active person? most athletes get stuff for free and can truthfully hoop in anything if they wanted to

Picked these up today, my only pickup from all the 2013 ASG releases. Went with my true size and they fit perfect. The cushioning is certainly a high point, the zoom is much more "springiner" than your typical zoom setup. I am worried about the durability of these, especially hearing that our country got only 30 pairs in, there aren't too many to replace. Overall I really like these and have really warmed up to this model!
Theses Jays is ugly
sick.gif

!!! If a ***** step to me wearin these, ain't no way he gettin da number 
roll.gif

!!! I stick wit the retro all day
pimp.gif

!!
shut up, ill get da number wit deebo house slippers on

People have always enjoyed the style of the shoe, even if it was designed strictly for basketball performance use in the decades past. Maybe the look, design, and visual appeal of the shoe justified the purchase even though he didn't feel the shoe was the best performing on the market.

I'm not trying to attack anyone, but your posts are taking a holier-than-thou elitist attitude just because you go strictly for performance. I said earlier, they've never been that way, otherwise shoe designers would just keep using the same visual concepts with new and improved technology.

It would seem that the majority of people that buy high priced athletic footwear are doing so to seem "cool."

When people spend $200 on antiquated 25 year old technology because a word has been printed on the heel, it's certainly not for performance purposes.

People should like whatever they like and buy for whatever reason they want to buy.

But if we're going to talk about people getting "caught up in the hype," it would seem that those so worried about what is "cool" are the ones more susceptible to hype than those that worry about feel and performance.

are you an athlete for real though? or more like an active person? most athletes get stuff for free and can truthfully hoop in anything if they wanted to

Used to get stuff for free, but price has never been a concern. I don't mind paying. I just want something that does what it's supposed to do, perform well in athletics.

If little kids want to get in fights over replicas of shoes that performed well 20 years ago, that's fine with me.

No matter how many haters are still around the fact is that the xx8 sold very well despite of its odd design and high retail price. Remember how the aj 9 sat on the shelves when mj retired.
Jordan brand/nike is often putting design to another level.
Some people only like old school kicks from the 80s and 90s, some prefer the highend kicks like the foamposites, hyperflights, shox or xx8.
Some like them all.

Back
Top Bottom