Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

Forefoot zoom popped today while I was playing

Here's the other for comparison.

I didn't notice it till after I played it's not really popped but it's all bulged in the in the middle and flat on the sides. And sorry about being in the wrong thread just seein if any xx8 owners had this issue at all. I don't own a pair

Seems to be more and more issues popping up with the XX8 whether its the carbon plate or unlocked zoom. Kind of sad people spend 150-250 on shoes and this stuff happens. This was supposed to be the most tested Jordan ever too. At least nike is good about exchanges.

I didn't notice it till after I played it's not really popped but it's all bulged in the in the middle and flat on the sides. And sorry about being in the wrong thread just seein if any xx8 owners had this issue at all. I don't own a pair
Its cause of the way the zoombag is setup, doesnt have any dent/cut where the foot naturally bend in the forefoot, puts stress on the bag and the glue holding it together. Thats why i would have preferred the superfly 2 setup.

just ripped the sole were the were the forefront zoom starts on black volts  im soo pissed i really loved these shoes  this was the only shoe keeping me intersted in jb

Its cause of the way the zoombag is setup, doesnt have any dent/cut where the foot naturally bend in the forefoot, puts stress on the bag and the glue holding it together. Thats why i would have preferred the superfly 2 setup.
I agree the superfly 2 setup works very well as the shoe is able to bend with the shoe much easier than the xx8s. And they are really good performance shoes as well I would deff pick those up

I appreciate the update. Was able to order my pair. They should be here tomorrow! My 1st XX8s. I'm pretty pumped to ball in them after what I've been hearing about the fit.

The fit is great! They play like lowtops but kinda feel like a midtop. I know seems strange but you'll see what I mean when you play in them.

I agree the superfly 2 setup works very well as the shoe is able to bend with the shoe much easier than the xx8s. And they are really good performance shoes as well I would deff pick those up

I agree the Superfly 2 bag setup is better. I just popped one of my camo blue SE zoom bags yesterday playing ball. Was only the 4th time I'd played in them. :smh: Now I need to find another pair of XX8s and they are a pain in the **** to find. So frustrated....

Last edited:
I agree the Superfly 2 bag setup is better. I just popped one of my camo blue SE zoom bags yesterday playing ball. Was only the 4th time I'd played in them. :smh: Now I need to find another pair of XX8s and they are a pain in the **** to find. So frustrated....

I agree they are a pain to get. Good luck on finding a replacement pair. I hope my cements don't pop because I know I won't find them again but I would settle for some SE's if I had to.

Just scooped the carbon fibers a few days a go. Looking for the blue and red camos for an outlet price. Any leads?

Last edited:
Heard nothing but good things performance wise on the xx8 but seems like a lot of you guys are having zoom bag issues. I'm still waiting on solid uppers on the se to scoop up a pair

remember that these issues are with the SEs

and prob should be on that thread so not to confuse with XX8s   

it looks like Russell Westbrook had XX8 SE PE on tonight with OKC colors. Anyone seen or have any close up picks?

Back
Top Bottom