Air Jordan XX8 SE Shrouldess Video and Official Pics on Page 1 Shoes Hit Stores 10/11/13

Those are actually my 2nd favorite colorway after the breds. I don't see how they could disappoint, but I haven't seen them in person myself tbh.
Pics from pairs on eBay give a better idea of of the true look.  Still would like to scope them in person to make the final say.  May end up ordering and returning at worst...

Judging by the width of the zoom and it's placement in the shoe, I see a lot of people's bags mashed in in a certain area which means that you landed awkwardly and forced air to another area. Looks like the bags were just designed wrong and under certain load that will all pop eventually. Maybe try a cushioned insole that absorbs some of the weight transfers first. It looks like common science. Think about your style of play, then look at the bag and see where you popped it at.

I think the ball players play with orthotics? So I would figure there occurrence ratios compared to people in the thread to be way less.

That right there. Regarding style of play, I would really like to know how many zoom bags Russell Westbrook has popped this year. I think his game (slashing, cutting, jumping, etc.) is really testing these zoom bags out under the highest level of competition.

Last edited:
That right there. Regarding style of play, I would really like to know how many zoom bags Russell Westbrook has popped this year. I think his game (slashing, cutting, jumping, etc.) is really testing these zoom bags out under the highest level of competition.

Yeah, I'd like to know too because I doubt he'd continue to play in them during a game if they didn't suit his needs. I like the fact he actually plays in them though. Shows you the durability of the actual product.

Yeah, I'd like to know too because I doubt he'd continue to play in them during a game if they didn't suit his needs. I like the fact he actually plays in them though. Shows you the durability of the actual product.

Exactly. I'm sure he's had an air unit give out considering he's the posterchild for the shoe and he's beating them up every day. But I haven't had anything happend to my SE's or shrouded pairs but I do know that the shrouded pair is a lot softer and springy.

Ok so my bag hasn't popped but my outsole is ripping off of christmas pair pair after about only 10 sessions of ball. I expect more from my basketball shoes.

Just letting the thread know

May post pics later

Last edited:
Cant decide if I should grab the All-Stars with the 20/20 discount or give the hyperrev a go with the discounts 

This colorway looks like a joker version.  I don't really like it

BjIbVIxIgAEN9uO.jpg

One pair of my SEs hisses when I step on the forefoot.  I think it has sprung a leak.  I have multiple of the shrouded and SE and this is the first one to have possibly popped.  I don't know if it has popped for sure, but it sure does sound like an air leak.  I've only had the shoes for about 6 months.  Has anyone else had anything similar? 

All the talks of popped air bags is making me jealous... Sounds strange, I know, but after balling in my ASGs a few times now I just don't like the way they play.

At this point I'd seriously love for one of the bags to pop so I can just send them back to Nike, but that means I have to keep playing in them...

Last edited:

All the talks of popped air bags is making me jealous... Sounds strange, I know, but after balling in my ASGs a few times now I just don't like the way they play.

At this point I'd seriously love for one of the bags to pop so I can just send them back to Nike, but that means I have to keep playing in them...
I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I don't mind them (played in them 3 times, about 8-9hrs worth) as much as you, but I'm still kind of regretting the purchase a little. Having them pop wouldn't be the worst thing to happen, but getting refunded might prove to be a little bit more difficult for me. I'm in Korea and I'm not sure how I would go about sending them back in or simply trying to return them to the Nike store I bought them from here. 

I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I don't mind them (played in them 3 times, about 8-9hrs worth) as much as you, but I'm still kind of regretting the purchase a little. Having them pop wouldn't be the worst thing to happen, but getting refunded might prove to be a little bit more difficult for me. I'm in Korea and I'm not sure how I would go about sending them back in or simply trying to return them to the Nike store I bought them from here. 
i've played in mine twice, the dk powder blues, and i was not impressed with the fit. i just couldn't get good lockdown. it's funny how some pray the airbag won't pop while we here wouldn't mind it did.

i've played in mine twice, the dk powder blues, and i was not impressed with the fit. i just couldn't get good lockdown. it's funny how some pray the airbag won't pop while we here wouldn't mind it did.
did you go with your true size?  I've had to go a half size down with all my XX8s.  I can see my true size giving me problems with lockdown.  The half down made things perfect

Does anyone know what other colourways are being released in the near future?

The PE colourways generally look awesome, but the retail ones are just so-so - the black/red ones are fine, but there are definitely better PE colourways.

Last edited:
Bulls, all reds, grays, All stars, Maybe the Blue ones and I'm done. Hopefully they drop some more heat. May track down Bel airs

My Xmas pair of SEs really tears my pinky toes up. I originally bought half size up but they definitely seemed too big so I went with my true size and the fit seems fine except for the toe issue. I wore elite socks today and they still gave me a blister. Might have to retire these after only about half a dozen sessions :frown:

Quote:
My Xmas pair of SEs really tears my pinky toes up. I originally bought half size up but they definitely seemed too big so I went with my true size and the fit seems fine except for the toe issue. I wore elite socks today and they still gave me a blister. Might have to retire these after only about half a dozen sessions
frown.gif
One of the reasons I didn't want to try another pair a half size down.  My left foot was affected, but my right was fine.  Going down a half might have made that problem worse.

Back
Top Bottom