Air Jordan XX8 SE Shrouldess Video and Official Pics on Page 1 Shoes Hit Stores 10/11/13

I just popped one of my camo blue SE forefoot zoom bags yesterday playing ball. Was only the 4th time I'd played in them. So frustrated. :smh: Now I need to find another pair of XX8s and they are a pain in the **** to find. Any updates on more SE colorways coming out soon?

No idea what happened but I noticed it during my second pickup game tonight - floor was a little dusty and I went to wipe the sole and it felt funny and I noticed that the shoes felt saggy almost like a sinking feeling. Googled it when I got home and found some other people that complained about the same thing.

I have no idea what bball kicks I'm going to get to replace them - I like loud kicks and loved the cushioning on these while it lasted. I'd settle for the super fly 2 if they had a bright color.

All this talk of popped zoom bags have me scared to wear them. I have played 4 games in them so far and I love them. I think they are better than my Superfly 2's. Lockdown is tighter and the synthetic upper is half the thickness of the superflys.. I mentioned earlier that the zoom bag protrudes from the bottom of the sole. Perhaps thats to much load on the bag once you combine it with twisting and landing etc. I will tread lightly......

Last edited:
Yeah returned mine to Nike in Gtown today. They never got the 28 SE in store so the employee was excited to see them until he saw/felt the popped airbags.

Seriously disappointed this happened. My Kobe 8s had the cushioning bottom out in under 3 months of rotational wear. The LeBron's feel heavy after having balled in light weight kicks for so long. The hyperdunks seem extremely similar to last years model. The KDs feel almost like plastic in hand. My buddy's super fly 2 had the sole come apart on him. For the first time in decades I might try something other than Nike. The Under Armour Atanomix Spawn have my attention the most right now.

I feel like the quality and durability is decreasing and the price keeps rising.

Yeah returned mine to Nike in Gtown today. They never got the 28 SE in store so the employee was excited to see them until he saw/felt the popped airbags.

Seriously disappointed this happened. My Kobe 8s had the cushioning bottom out in under 3 months of rotational wear. The LeBron's feel heavy after having balled in light weight kicks for so long. The hyperdunks seem extremely similar to last years model. The KDs feel almost like plastic in hand. My buddy's super fly 2 had the sole come apart on him. For the first time in decades I might try something other than Nike. The Under Armour Atanomix Spawn have my attention the most right now.

I feel like the quality and durability is decreasing and the price keeps rising.

Interesting. I haven't played in the Kobe 8s or KDs, but the cp3.6 worked out extremely well for me. Might be a shoe worth looking into - insane traction,decent cushion, and amazing court feel.

I REALLY want to try out these shoes, but the popped air bag thing really troubles me. I have been waiting for these to come out in a solid color. I really can't do all the camo stuff, even if the shoe is going to be for hooping purposes only. Like the person who posted above me, my Kobe 8's are starting to bottom out, after rotational wear. I was looking to add these (Jordan 28) my rotation as well. I wonder with the way that westbrook plays (games and practices) does he pop the air bags, or even in the performance testing -- did any testers experience this? I find it hard to believe that now that the shoe is on sale for purchase that the air bags are just starting to pop. Along the testing process someone had to feel something....

For the first time in decades I might try something other than Nike.
Ive also been interested in other brands basketball shoes but just havent taken the leap.

ive wanted to try out some of the adidas and reebok shoes ... anyone have experience with those?

These problems with the superfly 2 and these are making me skeptical of buying. Of course every pair and situation is different but dang

Funny. Employees at my local Nike store had the same reaction when I returned my SEs with the popped bag. They were excited and then deflated. :rolleyes

I'm willing to give the SEs another try. I just can't find any in the Nike system. :smh: Why is it so hard to get the XX8s? >: I'm hoping we get some GR SEs soon...

Funny. Employees at my local Nike store had the same reaction when I returned my SEs with the popped bag. They were excited and then deflated.
eyes.gif

I'm willing to give the SEs another try. I just can't find any in the Nike system.
mean.gif
Why is it so hard to get the XX8s? >: I'm hoping we get some GR SEs soon...
Im sure it was to test the market so they only dropped so many especially since it took the xx8s a bit to disappear

GR SEs in simple colorways would be GREAT

Westbrook looks to be in a plain white pair tonight

Monta Ellis in the Armed Forces camo

Last edited:
sizing on these same as the xx8 standard? Have really been solidly an 11 in most JB retros and the regular xx8, but occasionally 1/2 size up. Thanks in advance to those that have them.

Back
Top Bottom