Air Jordan XX8 SE Shrouldess Video and Official Pics on Page 1 Shoes Hit Stores 10/11/13

Hi mate they're my sons he's a 82kg 6 2" tall 15yo

Point gaurd/shooting gaurd slasher style player drives a lot

4 games

12 team training sessions 2 hours per training all indoors

He never where's them outside, treats his kicks like gold always wheres different kicks to the court then changes them at the court

Hi mate they're my sons he's a 82kg 6 2" tall 15yo

Point gaurd/shooting gaurd slasher style player drives a lot

4 games

12 team training sessions 2 hours per training all indoors

He never where's them outside, treats his kicks like gold always wheres different kicks to the court then changes them at the court
Sorry to hear that...

I ordered mine from Shoejocky as well.  Have actually yet to play in them as I've been using a few others on court and a pair of original xx8s.   Not sure what to expect I guess

Last edited:
played in my asg xx8 se's this past saturday. i was pleased with the overall performance but feel like after a little bit more break-in time, they'll be solid. i'm mostly a jump shooter nowadays and i didn't feel any noticeable change in the way i shot. they did get pretty hot, so like other reviewers have mentioned, breathability isn't the greatest. 

i'm about 6', 175 and i really hope mine don't pop any time soon bc i'm not sure how the after service here works in korea. 

last point. the gold glittery layer under then green mesh didn't bother me at first, nor did i really notice it in normal daylight. but looking down at my shoes under the lights in the gym, i definitely saw it more and was a little annoyed. either way, got plenty of compliments and even convinced a few ppl to try out the xx8 se. 

Both my pairs broke in after the first wear and felt great. That is before the airbags popped. Moved on to the Kobe 9s but still think about getting another pair of SEs.

How long should I give these to break in?

Played in 'em for the first time today, and they felt pretty rough. The traction is excellent, lockdown is pretty good, jumping and changing directions both feel good, but my arches and heels are killing me now. I think I have weird shaped feet though, only shoes I've worn that I feel pretty good after playing in are my Kobe VIs and Hyperposites.

How long should I give these to break in?

Played in 'em for the first time today, and they felt pretty rough. The traction is excellent, lockdown is pretty good, jumping and changing directions both feel good, but my arches and heels are killing me now. I think I have weird shaped feet though, only shoes I've worn that I feel pretty good after playing in are my Kobe VIs and Hyperposites.
My ASGs felt good out of the box. The traction improved after a little court time, but I never experienced any pain at all.

Like rlee said though, I can't wear these as long as other shoes because the breathability is just non-exsistent. The inside took all night to dry out after playing for ~2 hours.

My ASGs felt good out of the box. The traction improved after a little court time, but I never experienced any pain at all.

Like rlee said though, I can't wear these as long as other shoes because the breathability is just non-exsistent. The inside took all night to dry out after playing for ~2 hours.

Been using foot powder for over a year. Helps drastically for long bball sessions. Also helps dry shoes out after hooping and keeps them from smelling bad.

My feet never sweat but when I wear these they def do. Been wearing these pretty consistently since I copped and last weekend I finally had no choice but to throw some baby powder in em lol. I always air em out though but they had a lol odor to em this time.

Ventilation is the only issue I have with mine.

Last edited:
Might have to grab me some gold bond... haha thanks for mentioning it

My feet are swimmin when I'm done in any of my XX8s as well as the Kobe 9.  Maybe the bron XI too.  It'd be nice to keep the dogs fresh as well as the shoes.

Gold Bond and some slightly thinner socks? :lol:

I was going to buy those NBA all star game socks but when I saw them in person they were super thick and heavy (no homo)

I started sweating holding those in my hand :rofl:

Welp, it seems they haven't fixed the zoom bag issue in the new colorways. Bummer... 
indifferent.gif
 I hope the XX9 won't be having the same problem.

Was pretty sold on these but reading all the complaints lately got me thinking twice..
Its hit or miss honestly. They arent for everyone and every type of player. I dont consider myself any type of one position. I have no issue being the guard some games, others in more of a set shooter or theres time i get down and bang in the paint. 6ft 240 and have no issues with my pair.

Sucky part is since these are basketball shoes u cant treat them like a retro and if u dnt like it just sell it to someone. I mean u could but youd be out of the money youd paid for them so if u jus wanna be safe than sorry best bet is to just not even chance it

It's really not a bad shoe by any means.  I mean if the carbon clip hurts you, what can you do about that, it's just a fit thing.

But if they fit right, they can work well for a lot of people as we've seen in this thread.  I'm not a fan of large volume air based shoes, as these seem to be, so I also don't like Lebron II type shoes, which are widely regarded as excellent shoes.  Just gotta try it to be sure.  I tried the SE's and they aren't my style, but I could easily keep playing in them.

Hell I even returned my Kobe VIII's after I kept rolling my ankle in them.  Just had to try them based on what people were saying and they didn't work out for me.  We're so fortunate to have the resources to try out different high end shoes, it's really an embarrassment of riches, but I enjoy the process.  Next up for me are Hyperrevs, CP3 VII's, Adidas Englewood 2 and Spawn lows.

It's really not a bad shoe by any means.  I mean if the carbon clip hurts you, what can you do about that, it's just a fit thing.

But if they fit right, they can work well for a lot of people as we've seen in this thread.  I'm not a fan of large volume air based shoes, as these seem to be, so I also don't like Lebron II type shoes, which are widely regarded as excellent shoes.  Just gotta try it to be sure.  I tried the SE's and they aren't my style, but I could easily keep playing in them.

Hell I even returned my Kobe VIII's after I kept rolling my ankle in them.  Just had to try them based on what people were saying and they didn't work out for me.  We're so fortunate to have the resources to try out different high end shoes, it's really an embarrassment of riches, but I enjoy the process.  Next up for me are Hyperrevs, CP3 VII's, Adidas Englewood 2 and Spawn lows.
Where did you buy the Kobe 8s that you could return them after wearing them?

I'd really like to do the same with my ASG SEs (purchased from FinishLine), but I've worn them twice and their return policy says no returns on worn items...

Good question.  I got some mine greys from DSG (RIchards) last December when they had a coupon code.

I emailed them because their return policy seemed to exclude worn shoes and a customer service rep emailed me back the next day saying it would be cool to return them.  Now, I didn't beat them into the ground and just try to hustle them, I only wore them like 5-6 times and rolled my ankle a few times so I gave up on them.

Any other colorway I could have probably just sold them to get my $ back, but they were the mine greys, haha.

I think Nike.com also takes back worn stuff, but all of the other ones like FNL, FL, Champs, Eastbay, yeah they have to be unworn.

Wanted to give these a try.  Pretty solid looking shoe, the great reviews on traction, the support and unlocked zoom all had me excited but wow the amount of popped bags reported is waaay to high for a product that costs upwards of $150 bones.  Until they fix that there's no way I'm gambling 160 bones to "possibly" have the shoe breakdown on me after a few wears-ridiculous. 

Last edited:
Wanted to give these a try.  Pretty solid looking shoe, the great reviews on traction, the support and unlocked zoom all had me excited but wow the amount of popped bags reported is waaay to high for a product that costs upwards of $150 bones.  Until they fix that there's no way I'm gambling 160 bones to "possibly" have the shoe breakdown on me after a few wears-ridiculous. 
You can get a refund if it happens (I believe).

Just wanted to do a quick update. I first had a post a few pages back where I asked if anyone else was experiencing problems with the carbon fiber piece on the side but 4-5 2 hour sessions in they are great. I switched socks as someone did recommend to the head socks they have at costco instead of the elites. Tying the shoes just right instead of snug. They've broken in beautifully. And I have to admit as I did in my previous post, I love the lebron X's but I actually reached for the XX8's over them the other night.

I would consider myself heavyset and I do a little bit of everything on the court. I know 8-10 hours is not enough for a durability review especially with so many accounts of the air bags popping but I do hope they hold up.

Back
Top Bottom