Air Jordan XX8 SE Shrouldess Video and Official Pics on Page 1 Shoes Hit Stores 10/11/13

@dnvtran  thanks for the update and good to hear they're working out for you!  I kinda wanna give these Head socks from Costco a shot.  I usually hoop in NBA socks but they're expensive

The Head socks are super thick all around.

Here are the advantages/disadvantages to me:

ELITES:  can hand wash and hang dry after every wear (biggest advantage to me), stays tight around foot, ankle and lower calf

Dense, but not super thick

Best for long sessions

Look cool

Expensive

HEAD:  Super thick all around (can be a bad thing), I typically wear these for roomy shoes

Have to machine wash/dry after every wear, but still durable (I've had my pairs for a few years now at least)

Only comes in white/black

Cheap - $12-14 for a six pack

NBA:  Best all around performance for single games, short sessions

Not my preference for long sessions

Have to machine wash/dry after every wear

Expensive

I want to try some Thorlos eventually and maybe those socks NW just reviewed.  I've also tried Adidas Rose socks and they're similar to Elites, but they run large and seem a bit more slippery.

@iks mod. Thank you sir. I'm glad they are working out too. Tried on A LOT of shoes to find something with cushioning close to the LeBron X but lighter weight. XX8's come close.

@deezyvsop2. Great breakdown of the socks. I haven't worn NBA socks in a long long time. Elite socks are nice but they are just so dang expensive. Definitely right about the Head socks being THICK, but they work great with the XX8. I do the elites with the X's and the XX8's with the Costco.

Did want to ask if you guys or anyone else has an opinion on the Lebron XI's? Was looking to get a pair since all these colorways are out and that means some not so wanted colorways are dropping in price. Worthy of adding to a rotation?

Thanks in advance.

Just wanted to do a quick update. I first had a post a few pages back where I asked if anyone else was experiencing problems with the carbon fiber piece on the side but 4-5 2 hour sessions in they are great. I switched socks as someone did recommend to the head socks they have at costco instead of the elites. Tying the shoes just right instead of snug. They've broken in beautifully. And I have to admit as I did in my previous post, I love the lebron X's but I actually reached for the XX8's over them the other night.

I would consider myself heavyset and I do a little bit of everything on the court. I know 8-10 hours is not enough for a durability review especially with so many accounts of the air bags popping but I do hope they hold up.
just wondering what is your weight and height?

Haven't stepped on a scale in a while (scared of what I will see) but I'm probably floating around 185 - 190, and not tall by any means.

@dnvtran  there are a lot of mixed opinions on the Bron XI, and I have not tried the X myself to compare, but I personally love the XI.

To me it's amazing how much court feel you get from a shoe with plush cushioning like that.  Part of it is sitting lower to the ground with that drop in midsole.  I really like how the materials kind of mold to or wrap around your foot the more you wear them.  It's a pretty snug fit at first, but even during the first hoop session for me, they formed around my foot nicely.

IMO it is worthy of adding to the roto, but you'll have to make the call on that.  I have a fairly narrow foot and maybe that's why they work well for me.

Wearing the Allstars. Plan on getting the black/red, all red, and Cool Greys but I can't get use to the fit. Anybody having similar issues. Particularly the toe box and heel
The upper along that tongue looks like it's about to burst 
indifferent.gif

Thanks @iks mod. I will definitely look into the XI's when I get a chance, just hoping more colorways decrease in price to justify a purchase.

Thanks @iks mod. I will definitely look into the XI's when I get a chance, just hoping more colorways decrease in price to justify a purchase.
For sure -- it's looking good for getting a lot of them at a decent discount.

One thing I forgot to add is that traction is not my favorite.  Clean floors it worked really well for me, but the dust really affected them.  Just have to wipe a little more than normal

Bought the Xmas cw weeks after release date from nike, bought my tts I wear in Kobe's and kd's in a size 8 but realized when I tried them on they were little too big. Went to the store and tried on a 7.5 in the bred cw and they fit PERFECT. Now I need to size swap or just sell these and buy the Breds. Or I can keep these to just rock and buy the Breds half size down. But leanin towards puttin them up on the bay. Don't rock Jordan's casually but this shoe is my first and definitly a great shoe performance wise. My rotation is kobe 6's, kobe 8's, kobe 9's, kd 6's, cp3 7's, and soon as I find my 7.5...xx8 se.

Last edited:
Nice rotation @ham182   mine is very similar and includes all those shoes + a few more 
laugh.gif

I have way too many in the roto... I guess you could say it's an ever-changing rotation.  Lately I've been going heavy with the Kobe 9, Kobe 8 and Lebron XI.  Haven't given my kd vi, kobe vi, cp3.vii or xx8s a run in a bit.  One of those is probably due up next.

Last edited:
Are the cp3 run tts? cuz im looking to pick those up as well as the xx8.
Yeah well for me cp3's run tts and fit amazing for me like the Kobe's but the xx8 I need .5 down. Cp3 7 is a great guard shoe once you break the traction in a little.

Nice rotation @ham182
  mine is very similar and includes all those shoes + a few more :lol:

I have way too many in the roto... I guess you could say it's an ever-changing rotation.  Lately I've been going heavy with the Kobe 9, Kobe 8 and Lebron XI.  Haven't given my kd vi, kobe vi, cp3.vii or xx8s a run in a bit.  One of those is probably due up next.
Haha yeah all the shoes I named are more than those pairs cause of numerous Cw's. Haha. But if I were u id definitly throw in them cp3s and kobe 6s band even the kd 6s. Lol damn homie. There are just too many weapons to choose from. I got way too many kicks I get a headache what to wear casually and on court man and stand there for a long a** time tryna pick. Blessing and a curse but I'll live with it cause I love every pair of kicks I own. Kobe's are my favorite line and the 8 is my favorite of all time but good to switch it up now and then

Just wanted to do a quick update. I first had a post a few pages back where I asked if anyone else was experiencing problems with the carbon fiber piece on the side but 4-5 2 hour sessions in they are great. I switched socks as someone did recommend to the head socks they have at costco instead of the elites. Tying the shoes just right instead of snug. They've broken in beautifully. And I have to admit as I did in my previous post, I love the lebron X's but I actually reached for the XX8's over them the other night.

I would consider myself heavyset and I do a little bit of everything on the court. I know 8-10 hours is not enough for a durability review especially with so many accounts of the air bags popping but I do hope they hold up.

Back
Top Bottom