Air Jordan XX8 SE Shrouldess Video and Official Pics on Page 1 Shoes Hit Stores 10/11/13

On another note ... played our final league game today. It was hard fought one. Lost in Semis hardest we and i played all season .. with that said ..

R.I.P.
Dammmnn 
mean.gif

I warned you guys that the quality on the xx8 is crappy concerning the sole issue.
the unlocked zoom air unit might be comfortable at first but is a major design flaw as the air unit allows too much freedom for the air to flow to a specific area when your forefoot step on it and will lead to the popping sooner or later.
mine got outsole crack after 4 months and soon the air unit had at least one hole where the air leaked.
btw, i even didnt play basketball in mine at all and my weight is 160 pounds and wearing size 11.
No professional basketball shoe must fail so easily on durability. Especially if you spend 250 bucks om them.
the outsole itself is too soft and thin to be durable enough.

Last edited:

Did that rip happen from just playing in them or did you step on something?
Just from playing in them. Really careful with my balling sneakers but i guess it didn't matter lol. Would I still be able to get the claim or would this fall under normal wear and tear?

Just from playing in them. Really careful with my balling sneakers but i guess it didn't matter lol. Would I still be able to get the claim or would this fall under normal wear and tear?
Claim.  The rest of that outsole looks immaculate.  Normal wear and tear for a shoe that's only been out for like a month?  That's on JB.

I bet they've already received quite a few defective SE's so they'll be used to it.

Finally played in my pair today. Maybe I read too much about them and had unreasonably high expectations, but I was let down a bit. I'll probably wind up returning them. For some reason my left foot was hurting after I got done playing. I don't think it was the laces. Both shoes felt equally tight.

Agree but I don't use them for ball. Overall they are tight shoes. Just like penny Vs

Claim.  The rest of that outsole looks immaculate.  Normal wear and tear for a shoe that's only been out for like a month?  That's on JB.

I bet they've already received quite a few defective SE's so they'll be used to it.
thanks man. Will send out the claim soon

It won't be surprising anymore if some of the recent colorways also pop their zoom bags. To be fair, I've read somewhere here that there are people whose XX8 SEs are still holding up fine even after consistent court wear. It's tough to figure out where the flaw really is. Unlocked zoom unit? Playing style? Court condition? Player's weight? Perhaps a combination of factors? But the bigger question is this: will the XX9 be any different?

I had 2 pairs pop, I'm 6' 175 lbs and I only wore my shoes inside on a clean court and never felt them pop at the time which makes me think it wasnt from some violent movement like cutting or stepping on a foot. From what I understand it's the seams in the bags not being strong enough combined with the flight plate transferring the more force to the airbags than previous shoes. I'm sure the nba and college players are ripping through these and Jordan brand keeps replacing them.

I had 2 pairs pop, I'm 6' 175 lbs and I only wore my shoes inside on a clean court and never felt them pop at the time which makes me think it wasnt from some violent movement like cutting or stepping on a foot. From what I understand it's the seams in the bags not being strong enough combined with the flight plate transferring the more force to the airbags than previous shoes. I'm sure the nba and college players are ripping through these and Jordan brand keeps replacing them.

One could only imagine someone who moves like Russell Westbrook is doing to the zoom bags.....

So I've been playing in these for a couple of games now. Not sure if one of my bags are popped. How do you know. One side feels more firm then the OTher. Help?

So I've been playing in these for a couple of games now. Not sure if one of my bags are popped. How do you know. One side feels more firm then the OTher. Help?
When you have them om ... youll know. One shoe will feel significantly different. Plus if u look st the sole you will be able to tell the difference if so.

Post a pic of both soles n which one you think is popped.

How my clamin process went:

Contacted/called Nike Monday 3/3/14
Sent the shoes back 3/4/14
Shoes delivered 3/6/14
Received an email saying claim accepted 3/7/14

Voucher should arrive in a week

Good stuff man. Don't you have another pair also?
nah i never bought them i was at the checkout screen and decided not to and bought somethin else. I'll use the voucher and get another pair or something. Using hyperdunks at the moment.

Gonna try out these Air Max Stutter Steps (lower tier nike bball shoe) KOC gave a good review and i can get em for $30 from FNL so i said wth lol

nah i never bought them i was at the checkout screen and decided not to and bought somethin else. I'll use the voucher and get another pair or something. Using hyperdunks at the moment.

Gonna try out these Air Max Stutter Steps (lower tier nike bball shoe) KOC gave a good review and i can get em for $30 from FNL so i said wth lol

I was going to try the Stutter's out also but I need great cushion for these old legs and from the reviews the cushion isn't that good so i passed.

Man if I was a bigger guy or just needed more cushion I would probably be all over the Hyperposites.  Having played in the Bron XI, those look extremely comfortable.

If only we had a hyperposite with max zoom vs. max air 
happy.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom