Air Jordan XX8 SE Shrouldess Video and Official Pics on Page 1 Shoes Hit Stores 10/11/13

Super excited about getting my pair from the Footaction Bel-Air restock. Everyone raved about them and I was liking how they were breaking in for me. Felt devastated after wearing 5x and the bag popped. I really felt (for some odd reason) that I'd be good. Completely wrong. Think I'll wait until the fall and see if they xx9 has any good colorways and if the problems have been corrected. I was thinking about the Melos but I don't know if there's any help for this cushioning setup. Thoroughly disappointed.

JS"

My pair is still strong after 5 months(use them 2-4 times a week for about 2 hours each time). I have kobe 8/9 elite/em, LeBron xi and ua spawns in rotation but every time I lace up the xx8 my feet feel energized!

You guys think these are good to work out in? I'm not trying to have an air bag pop while I'm doing squats or something. That raptor-esque c/w is very nice.

Purchased Pure Platinum's off NDC recently....

Can't wait to play basketball in them....

Hope the bag doesn't pop based on what I have read....

Anyone know what Nike will do down the line if they do? Like in 3 months or down the line like 2 years?

Never had a quality issue with a "performance" Nike shoe, but slightly concerned due to forum/YT user experiences.

Thanks for any information on their procedures.

PO

Last edited:
You guys think these are good to work out in? I'm not trying to have an air bag pop while I'm doing squats or something. That raptor-esque c/w is very nice.

Yep. I workout and ball in them. As a matter of fact I stopped working out in my freeruns because the SE's fee so good when doing squats and step ups.

Hey guys, I just got the XX8 SE and I have to say I'm not impressed at all with the grip. Which is very concerning because of all the great reviews it has - nightwing2303 even said it was the best grip of all time.

I have Hyperdunk 2013's before and those were very very sticky as far as grip. The XX8 SE do not compare.

I've had shoes before that needed to be broken in for the grip to come around to what it was suppose to be.

How long did the XX8 SE take to break it to achieve optimal traction, or is this going to be the best it gets?

Hey guys, I just got the XX8 SE and I have to say I'm not impressed at all with the grip. Which is very concerning because of all the great reviews it has - nightwing2303 even said it was the best grip of all time.

I have Hyperdunk 2013's before and those were very very sticky as far as grip. The XX8 SE do not compare.

I've had shoes before that needed to be broken in for the grip to come around to what it was suppose to be.

How long did the XX8 SE take to break it to achieve optimal traction, or is this going to be the best it gets?

First few wear you will get that "oil slick" feel, but after that you will be fine. Personally nightwing is nightwing, opinions are exactly that "his", a lot of time he is reviewing for the sake of reviewing. He also tells people to size down a lot because he likes to jam his toe at the tip of the shoes.I have three xx8 including the SE. All three required break in time. All fit true to size, the wide forefoot feeling is how they designed it so your foot lands more naturally.

Last edited:
First few wear you will get that "oil slick" feel, but after that you will be fine. Personally nightwing is nightwing, opinions are exactly that "his", a lot of time he is reviewing for the sake of reviewing. I have three xx8 including the SE. All three required break in time.
Yes that's how I would decribe the traction. Like it has some type of coating on the outsole. When I make a hard cut the shoe doesn't instantly grip the floor, it slides for a fraction of a second - which makes you feel less confident in your movements.

As long as it gets better. I'm not going to be let down if it's not the greatest grip ever, but I need it to grip the floor without that fraction of a second of sliding.

Yes that's how I would decribe the traction. Like it has some type of coating on the outsole. When I make a hard cut the shoe doesn't instantly grip the floor, it slides for a fraction of a second - which makes you feel less confident in your movements.

As long as it gets better. I'm not going to be let down if it's not the greatest grip ever, but I need it to grip the floor without that fraction of a second of sliding.
you will be fine after a few wear. 

do you think nike would somehow find its conscience and find a way to mitigate the air bag pop issue,
so it's less likely to happen in new releases ?

do you think nike would somehow find its conscience and find a way to mitigate the air bag pop issue,
so it's less likely to happen in new releases ?
from the xx9 thread...they turned the zoom bag side ways (same as the super fly2) and added the rib down the middle of the shoes to connect the forefoot and heel and possibly remedy the popping issue.

from the xx9 thread...they turned the zoom bag side ways (same as the super fly2) and added the rib down the middle of the shoes to connect the forefoot and heel and possibly remedy the popping issue.

my superfly 2's air bag popped as well as my XX8's so I don't think it's how the air bag is placed I think it has to do with the flight plate & movement of the zoom bag. That's my theory anyways I'm gonna try the Melo M10's next hopefully 3rd times the charm. Also do you think breaking them in before playing in them will help?? Or is it just luck?

Anyone notice that whenever they show the Thunder at the half that Westbrook always has his shoes and socks off? From what I hear these shoes breath pretty well, wonder what the reason for that is. I wonder how many bags he has popped in games this year between the 28 and 29?

Anyone notice that whenever they show the Thunder at the half that Westbrook always has his shoes and socks off? From what I hear these shoes breath pretty well, wonder what the reason for that is. I wonder how many bags he has popped in games this year between the 28 and 29?
speculation needs to stop.

many NBA player will get their ankles re-taped during half time.

ah... i was asking for recent colorways(after those camos, maybe) release,
they could secretly put some super glue somewhere or adjust the plate/frame a little....
oh..well, it's nike... what do i expect : )

my all stars got popped on right foot in game. my brother is in berlin so does anyone know some prices of kobe 9 or melo m10 or some other shoes

Hi Folks. A few weeks ago I purchased the dark powder blue XX8's for indoor court use and  thus far I've had no issues with any of the zoom bags popping. However, my achilles and heels get really sore after a few hours of playing in these. Anyone else experience that problem? Also, does anyone know if these run true to size, because when I lace up my 10.5 and tie them normally my foot tends to slide around a little bit. Then when I make em nice an tight they kind of hurt my ankles and make my achilles sore. Would going down half a size solve this problem? Also has anyone played in these for months without having issues with the zoom bags popping, because i'm usually playing 4-5 times a week and if the bags popping is inevitable I might as well just exchange them while I still can. Thanks homies!

Hi Folks. A few weeks ago I purchased the dark powder blue XX8's for indoor court use and  thus far I've had no issues with any of the zoom bags popping. However, my achilles and heels get really sore after a few hours of playing in these. Anyone else experience that problem? Also, does anyone know if these run true to size, because when I lace up my 10.5 and tie them normally my foot tends to slide around a little bit. Then when I make em nice an tight they kind of hurt my ankles and make my achilles sore. Would going down half a size solve this problem? Also has anyone played in these for months without having issues with the zoom bags popping, because i'm usually playing 4-5 times a week and if the bags popping is inevitable I might as well just exchange them while I still can. Thanks homies!

I have the Se's and the regular XX8's and play 3-4 times a week for about 2-3 hours at a time and I haven't hand one issue in either shoe. However, the SE's pinch my pinky if I'm not wearing thick socks when I lace them up tight. The regular XX8's I don't have one bad thing to say about them as they are much more softer and springy when playing. I rotate these 2 currently every other day so they both have gotten hours of use on the court.

i have several pairs of each, no problems yet (fingers crossed )

i love the shoe and won't change the way i rock them based on all these popping stories

as i have said before, it is amazing the number of NTers that have had a problem

when this group is just a slice of the market.

what are the odds of that ?

and some people have had mult popping issues

that's just some bad luck !

i say wear them and enjoy them !! IMO

i just starting playing in my second pair (christmas) last night and no achilles issue but my heels hurt a bit but that's never happened before. they run TTS in my opinion although the toe box for me is a bit wider so i could size down by .5 i wanted but i like the room (i always go up .5 size for athletic shoes). no sliding here. i do think it's important to fiddle a bit with the laces as that helped me a lot - tightening certain spots and not too much in others. 

no zoom bag issues on the first pair but i've only been playing in them since early this month (2-3x a week, 2-3 hours each time). how long do you expect to be able to rock the shoes? looking forward to the 29s....

I went back playing in my pair today, the shoe definitely gives you that extra lift off which is great when driving to the basket - Im still not convinced they balanced enough in the forefoot for shooting consistently. I got better results from them in the thicker "football" socks - no heel slippage etc.

I went back playing in my pair today, the shoe definitely gives you that extra lift off which is great when driving to the basket - Im still not convinced they balanced enough in the forefoot for shooting consistently. I got better results from them in the thicker "football" socks - no heel slippage etc.

On multiple pairs I've definitely noticed the forefoot zoom soften up and soften up differently from right foot to left foot. The all stars and solid colorways start out firmer than the regular xx8s and camo SEs so this softening up is more noticeable. The softening has become distracting on four of my pairs - especially when shooting. So far each shoe that has gotten too soft and unstable feeling has gotten a popped airbag within the next time or two I've played in them. Luckily Nike has a great return policy when this happens. For me these shoes are amazing once broken and before they break. I just wished the zoom were more consistently stable and didn't pop. Maybe the XX9s will address this issue for me. Until then I'll keep rotating through XX8s.

Back
Top Bottom