AIR JORDAN XXIII: CELEBRATING 23 YEARS OF A LEGACY . Photos on page 2!

Whew!! It has been the toughest weekend of my ENTIRE LIFE :smile:

I'm back in Cagayan de oro and I must say all the blood, sweat and tears in the past 2 days really paid off when Nike Philippines finally decided to awardme and the other guy, who also claimed he was first in line, with our LE Jordan XXIIIs. I practically DID NOT SLEEP at all and I lost my voice to sore throatfor lack of rest (which is an understatement, btw) and the zeal to finally meet up and talk with fellow collectors, NTers. Was also very excited to finallymeet the people I had previously sold sneakers to and had only met over the phone or thru text messages. Pleasure meeting you Miko, Carlo, Paolo and Chris!

Just in case you guys did not notice, there was some serious and heated deliberation and arguments going on inside with me, the other wild card guy, and Paolofrom Nike Philippines coz I wasn't about to back down after flying in from CDO and neither was I going to allow a raffle for 1 pair between the both of uswhich was Paolo's 1st option. The other guy had the same sentiment about his sacrifice not paying off. I convinced the other guy though that we wouldAGGRESSIVELY demand thay they give us both our pairs for their lack of a clear guideline and a third party representative to decide who really was first in thequeue. He agreed and our teamwork, instead of selfishness, earned us our Js. Hats off to Paolo and Nike Philippines for making a fair and wise decision.

KC, it was a pleasure meeting you and now I can see that what happened about a year ago was really just a big misunderstading. You seem to be a very nice guy Iam glad I came up to you as I was initially apprehensive. I had to first gather strength and HUMILITY to do that and I have to be honest, it felt really goodafterwards. At the end of the day, it's how many friends you make that's important and not enemies, right?

To all my fellow NTers, it was BIG PLEASURE meeting all of you guys starting off with TAKEN24 who also camped out on the eve of the release. It was nicetalking to you, pare. Also had a blast talking with your peeps, Norman and Che. VINCE from ILO-ILO, it was good to see that someone else also fell for theridiculous idea of flying in for just a chance to get a pair of the LE Jordan XXIIIs LOL. MAXTEMPO, it was good to see you there my friend and I must say,great catch on the fiancee. Don't forget my Birthday Vs :smile: I know I met others who probably did not introduce themselves with their NT handles butnevertheless, thank you and nice talking to you guys.

Special thanks to Vilma Consuergo and her team at Nike BHS for helping convince Nike Philippines to award 2 wild card winners instead of just 1. I wouldn'thave gotten my pair without you guys. Til next time, guys. God bless all of you!!!

Congratulations on your pick up and nobody mentioned about the drama but glad that the outcome was beneficial for both of you guys...

Kudos to you my man. You deserve the 2 pairs. I was looking for you coz I thought we were gonna have lunch and some drinks after but I guess you had to catchyour flight back. We went to TGI Friday's.

Tony was there?

Dude is always invisible to his fellow NT'ers during events like this one.

laugh.gif

^^^ I was gonna let you know I couldn't join you guys as I had to get lunch for a couple who helped me out in the campout shifts. You were actually alsobusy talking with some guys when I left. I did not catch a flight yesterday, Jo, I caught some BADLY needed rest. I flew back in today at 7:20 am. Thanks forthe invite at TGIF, KC. That really meant a lot coming from you, man. Not to mention I also love the food and oversized servings at TGI Fridays :smile:

I would have loved to join you guys but I really was very very very tired already and my voice was not firing on all cylinders. Had to do sign language todayto get back home to Cagayan de oro. And yeah, Tony was there but he is very shy around people (at least I think he is. Are you, Max??) and so I guessthat's why he decided to remain anonymous :smile:

I will be sure to join you guys next time there's an event and I'm in Manila. Hope Nike Philippines hosts an event here in Cagayan de oro or somewheresouth so you guys can also come over and I can show you around. See you soon. God bless you, man

Congrats Rev and to the other guys who got their pair!

Don't forget to post pics!

**i wonder kung Nter din yung sikyu'..
happy.gif

And thanks Flipjays!!! Were you there or are you U.S. based??

And Carlo, as far as I know, 4 NTers won. I believe maxtempo also won a pair

Rev, from your story, I think I know who won the second free pass. That's typical of him and his bodyguards.

laugh.gif

^^^^ Really?? Who's the guy? Nah, just kiddin. I really don't care and I don't want to know. What's important is I got my pair
happy.gif

I also told the bodyguard's cousin, who was doing shifts with him, that I also have connects with the Muslim Community, especially the MILF, since in myjob I cover Iligan City, Marawi City and the rest of the Lanao provinces for more than 7 years now. Had to say it just to neutralize the intimidation. I had tocall up my friend from Marawi city who told me to give him a go signal if things got out of hand so he could send his troops but I was just happy thatwasn't necessary anymore. I couldn't believe I would go that far for a pair of shoes
frown.gif
I was ready to give it up though in case the other guy used force orsomething. I really didn't want any trouble, you know. Just a pair of Js :smile:

I was cool though and I knew we could come up with something more diplomatic and have a WIN-WIN situation. It's all good and I am very very happy withthe outcome. I don't think I will do anything like that ever again. If my boss knew why I came to Manila and took the day off last Friday, he'sprobably going to fire me
roll.gif

Here are photos of the pair I won.....I must say it was a huge blessing to be awarded a pair without having to go through the raffle

OMG!!! Rev sick shoes, overall sick collection.. LOL guys using force for a pair of sneakers??? crazy ano toh Marvel vs. Capcom hahahaha Its sad to see whathype can do...good thing everything went smoothly with the event.. anyways congrats and godbless pareng rev!!!

thanks for the pics KC,that pretty much encapsulated the whole shebang.the heat was dead serious man,i was wearing a livestrong bracelet during the day and mygirl noticed the skin area it was covering was about 2 shades lighter than the rest of my arm...skin cancer for jays-unbelievable.i was considering bringingalong up to 8 dudes with me but decided against it last minute.turns out all i needed with me is a very dear and special lady,my fiancee!her stub got pickedfor the sz 11's w/c seemed to be the most difficult sz to get.everything was cool except the unexpected grilling outside(i guess no one at nike realizedthe need for some sort of canopy,or a covered walkway seeing as the event was scheduled at damn near the hottest time of day and us being so close to theequator and all)sori i wasnt able to say hello to the NT community that came out full force btw,i was wearing my username...yeah,that was me.it was a wickedawesome event overall.my only regret was not getting a pic with cap.oh,well,guess you cant have it all.heres my pair.
300893833.jpg

And yeah, Tony was there but he is very shy around people (at least I think he is. Are you, Max??)

laugh.gif
u have much to learn my man.i guess the heat got to me.KC passed myway a couple of times but i know there's alot of things going through his mind.i got ansy too,the pressure got to me.ill def say wassup next time

^^^^Thanks to you too pareng Chance :smile: Did not have a chance to let you know I was in town. Was very single-minded about getting my Js at all cost heheheYeah, hype can make you do silly stuff like fly-in from Mindanao and challenge the son of a government heavyweight into an intimidation game. It was worth itthough and I love the sneakers. Market value now that the hype is still at it's peak is about $1,000-$2,000. Good investment at P15k. Sulit ang plane fareand hotel expenses + sleepless night, pare
ohwell.gif

You should have been there. Anyway, I will definitely see you next time I am in Manila pare. God bless you too!!!

Hey Max!!! Congratulations to you too. Told you your girl was special. Enjoy your XXIIIs, those are worth a fortune now
smile.gif

Congratulations to those who got picked and were able to get their pairs. It was nice seeing fellow NTers there. There was nothing to do after the event and weended up making fun of Janbang's "gay" cap and Injamish's "Pennys" over some drinks.

img5481hc6.jpg

img5483vu4.jpg

Btw, what are those at the back of the 23s? Croco fins?
happy.gif

^ What the hell? You fools didn't even invite us for some Tsing Tao! What's up with that?
smh.gif
laugh.gif
Good thing I still have 2 bottles downstairs.

Yo max! It's all good man. As long as we all had fun, right?
pimp.gif

I was battling flu, an upset stomach and the raging sun. I'm surprised I didn't pass out while waiting outside.

Rev. I suggest you tag the rest of your photos and repost them again. I've seen a lot of stolen photos being used on ebay right now.

Dang, wish i could be there with you guys! must've had a lot fun! for 15t, its ok, i don't gotta have it... if i did, i'd just probably waste themplaying in them in a few months. then again, i won't be able to play till late this year, so i'd be staring at them til then? nah!
laugh.gif

Just really wished i could be there chilling and meeting everybody instead of being in therapy!

Congrats to the people who got their pairs!
smile.gif
looks like you guys had a blast. Funny while looking through some of the photos I noticed a friend of mine (theone with the PI colored lid) anyway he gave me a call and said he was one of the lucky guys to get a pair in an 11 *Lucky Bastard* haha

congrats once again

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

^ What the hell? You fools didn't even invite us for some Tsing Tao! What's up with that? .
Did not want to disappoint you Jo. The Filipina wifey only allows me to keep one box at a time. Surely, Mr. Like A Fish, that would not suffice.
laugh.gif
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom