Air Jordan XXXVII (37) first look…

At first, I wasn't sold at all with the tech choice on the 37, especially after hearing and reading some comments about the caged formula 23 being too stiff under the heel and everything, plus I was on the fence about some of the aesthetic aspects of the shoe. That was, before I got them.

Loved the 36, loved the eclipse plate, loved the cushioning, loved the grip, liked the upper alot, loved the looks. Perfect on court shoe to me.

Now I've been testing the 37's extensively for the last 2 weeks on court and seriously there is absolutely NOTHING wrong about them, but rather the opposite. They've been a really nice surprise from wear 1 until tonite again. I can confirm they are really really good on court and my experience has been nothing but positive with them.

When tested back to back, I still prefered the feel of full length zoom strobble of the 36 under my feet and the 36 outsole proved to be a little bit grippier when the court got very dusty, but still the 37's do the job better than most.

The formula 23 is NOT too hard at all on court to be perfectly honest. It is rather well implemented I must admit and the feeling under the foot is somewhat reminiscent of the 34's when in full action. Yes in the 36's you are walking on clouds but the 37 ain't bad at all for playing ball. Very good for running, stopping on a dime, changing directions and jumping.

I found the upper surprisingly comfortable and of course very very LIGHT. The ankle padding gives a very nice comfy feel to it too. The lacing system and the laces are as good as they can be and they work perfectly together, that's something that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere so far. First they never come undone because their perfect texture, thickness and materials combo. Second, the laces kind of lock in place in each eyelet and I like that.

So as far as performance or comfort is concerned, zero negatives! You really feel like you make one with this shoe.

As for looks, like many here have said already, I fully agree that these look way better in person for some reason.
It is a little bit of an acquired taste in some regards I'd say, but I can really appreciate the attention to detail and the accents are really vibrant in this colorway.

7BD5E01E-3149-43B1-8386-387DDCCEC0DA.jpeg

4CBE6505-B917-49F4-9CC8-724B7FCDC4C1.jpeg

6FC85C3C-F8BB-438B-920E-B610DBE72E9B.jpeg

If anybody would like to see some more detailed pictures, just let me know.

are these wide foot friendly unlike the 36s?

36s v 37s which model is bouncier? i’m guessing the 36s

are these wide foot friendly unlike the 36s?

36s v 37s which model is bouncier? i’m guessing the 36s
Compared to the 36, there is more toe room(height and width) that's for sure and you don't feel the arch support pushing on your arch. I guess the 37's will most probably accommodate more foot types due to their overall construction, but I'm extrapolating here since I have regular feet.

I found the 37 surprisingly bouncy especially when jumping off 2 feet but 36 are strikingly more plush when you go back to them compared to anything else.

Last edited:
IMO they're wider, because I feel I almost could have gone a half size down

and I'd say that the 37's are bouncier because of the forefoot

sounds like the PG 6s i coulda went a half size down in those 2

Compared to the 36, there is more toe room(height and width) that's for sure and you don't feel the arch support pushing on your arch. I guess the 37's will most probably accommodate more foot types due to their overall construction, but I'm extrapolating here since I have regular feet.

I found the 37 surprisingly bouncy especially when jumping off 2 feet but 36 are strikingly more plush when you go back to them compared to anything else.

that zoom strobel i believe it

Friday night was one of the very few Wizards nationally televised games and Rui opted for the 36 and Beel is still in the 37 Lows. ..There’s not a Jordan guy consistently sticking with this shoe. Likely pairs are being re-tooled in the background.
Waiting for re-tooled version like they did with zion and luka.
Release ,then make improvements and charge $10 more, then go back to previous version and price.

Back
Top Bottom