Air Jordan XXXVII (37) first look…

JB in general needs to stop with putting white midsoles on every sneaker, even when the upper is dark. It’s annoying. Is there a worldwide shortage of dark foam or something?
THAAAAAAAAAANK YOU. No good midsoles recently.
34 none
35 maybe the titans
36 none

Aesthetically white midsoles I feel make the shoe look average and typical. Almost generic. It's way over done and expected. Just my opinion though.

And makes them dirt magnets...

I've gotta say this is one of the most disappointing Jordan sigs I've seen.. it just looks generic. Hopefully they go with a different lead designer on the 38s. Why don't they just update the 7s, with the latest tech. Instead of doing this whole inspired by crap.

Lukas, zions and even the latest Westbrook's all look better than these, easily

Last edited:
Aesthetically white midsoles I feel make the shoe look average and typical. Almost generic. It's way over done and expected. Just my opinion though.
Well there's a reason they're overdone... It works. May not be your cup of tea but I think this is a case where consensus rules and majority of folks like the look of the white midsoles. If you're.wkijh the argument that there needs to be more variety when it comes to midsole color then I do agree in that regard.

Well there's a reason they're overdone... It works. May not be your cup of tea but I think this is a case where consensus rules and majority of folks like the look of the white midsoles. If you're.wkijh the argument that there needs to be more variety when it comes to midsole color then I do agree in that regard.
Yes, it does work and it's safe. A lot of companies release the "consensus" color-ways. Again, because it's safe and you're right a lot of people like it. Keep doing just because it works? Yes AND no. I can see reasons for both sides. Doing it just because it works isn't the best reason to keep doing it especially when you're a company that wants to be on the cutting edge and be the one setting the trends and not following them. I'm going to be 50 this year and seeing decades of white midsoles is old for me. White midsoles themselves seem, well, old. Again, that's my opinion based on my experience and age. It might not seem old to the younger consumers. I just avoid the white midsole - I see it and I just hold out hope for additional color-ways. Even when I was in my prime - HA HA - I looked forward to the non-white midsole. Bare with me, but back in '95/'96 I LOVED the 11 and bought the Black/True Red on the spot but really hoped that back then they would release one without the white midsole. I know that's sacrilege since the 11 is such a legendary and close to perfect shoe. Even then though I was hoping the white would be removed. LOL

Not sure if these are legit, releasing, concept, etc but took a screen shot the other day. I really hope these release because these are clean.

95E0AF4D-71FD-41CF-A8F6-92102F66E0CA.jpeg

JS”

This is me every time they release a black shoe with a white midsole waiting on a black midsole version

full

Unfortunately the black midsole never arrived on the 35 and 36 :frown:

Unfortunately the black midsole never arrived on the 35 and 36 :frown:
hold on the
xxxv warrior(blk/red), gravity(multi), smoke gray, low blk/wht
xxxvi blk/infrared, year of the tiger/sunset
all had black midsoles
JB in general needs to stop with putting white midsoles on every sneaker, even when the upper is dark. It’s annoying. Is there a worldwide shortage of dark foam or something?
100% agreed! with the xxxv, they should have released 1) the Warriors with an all black upper and midsole at the toe and 2)the blk and red with a black midsole instead of white and possibly an all black eclipse plate.
3)the wht/fire red should have had a black midsole.
THAAAAAAAAAANK YOU. No good midsoles recently.
34 none
35 maybe the titans
36 none
In my opinion

The midsoles of the 34 Paris, Bayou, infrared, regency low, print low and blk/vapour green low all looked super nice or at least different. Too many white midsoles and outsoles in general though.

35 too many white midsoles and outsoles.
They nailed it on the Guo and Gravity with sone nice gradients on the eclipse plate.

36 what is there not to like on any of them?
To me it's right up there with any of the greatest J's midsoles ever.

But where I think they've really missed out aesthetically in recent years is with the outsole design.(not talking about grip here)
xxx2:yaaaaawn! except for the Gatorade lows
xxx3: seriously!?! lookwise as bad as it can get! I think they forgot to design that part or lacked time
xxxiv: not bad, not great, could have added some color or a mix of solid and transluscent.
xxxv: super boring/weak!! almost xxx3 like.
Jumpman maybe could have been underneath the translucent sole inspired by the 5. Warrior's solid rubber gray outsole with the specks was nice though. Could have added reflective specks to the translucent soles maybe?
xxxvi: absolutely love the midfoot and heel windows. The marble on the sunstes and the lows was nicely done as well but it was just not consistent across all colorways, which made most of them a bit too simple.

the 37 outsoles look fantastic, but the upper doesn't seem to match the expectations in terms of design/look so far.

Last edited:
After playing in Formula 23 for over 30 hours I can say confidently …I’ll be grabbing a bunch of 36s before they all dry up. Not looking forward to the 37s with no FLZ strobel.
I don't think I've ever had typical foam setups outperform Zoom in the bounciness department. At the end of the day foam setups are EVA with tweaked air/rubber mixes (Boost and other ETPUs are another thing). The lack of bounce doesn't hurt for me since I'm not a high-flying player.

I don't think I've ever had typical foam setups outperform Zoom in the bounciness department. At the end of the day foam setups are EVA with tweaked air/rubber mixes (Boost and other ETPUs are another thing). The lack of bounce doesn't hurt for me since I'm not a high-flying player.
Agreed!! It’s all preference. I never had any soreness or pain the day after a 2-3 hour session in them, just prefer that extra bounce in my step. The Luka is still a super fun shoe to play in and I’ll of course give the 37s a go!

Back
Top Bottom