Air Jordan XXXVII (37) first look…

Screenshot_20230505_223626_Google.jpg

How much did it cost to research, design, market, produce, ship, get to warehouses, and stores?

As the flagship Air Jordan model to be on sale as quick as it was and the public regard for the product, it WAS NOT a success.
Market?? trust me a signature jordan shoe needs very minimal advertising and marketing

Why are they pushing the 38 so hard then 5 months before release?

They literally marketed every jordan pretty well up until Covid. Even the 35 and 36 had official unveiling videos atleast. The 37 had nothing but a post on nike.com.

How are they pushing the 38 hard?

all we've seen is Lethal Shooter and some basketball players with them on. That's what normally happens.

How are they pushing the 38 hard?

all we've seen is Lethal Shooter and some basketball players with them on. That's what normally happens.
5 months in advance ? They know they have a nice shoe and are making sure it’s being shown off. The 37 was no where near that. We are getting way cleaner looks.

If you think massive overhead killed any profit margin for the XXXVII even after discount, you don't understand Nike's profit margins and new model approach very well. Not to mention the fact that (rightly so) Nike would be willing to take a loss on a new Jordan (they still don't) to get it in the hands of as many people as possible while making huge margins on retros which have virtually $0 overhead other than space costs. This is why new models generally cost less than retros despite the fact the overhead for them was way higher. It's been a smart strategy that has paid off in much higher volume sales for Nike since they stopped marketing each sig release as the highest priced shoe in the market. That worked when he was playing but this set up works a lot better now. If the shoe is that good, you want to get it in people's hands so they experience it. The play comes before the style (and truthfully it always did).

While clearly this shoe won't be seen as a runaway success, Nike definitely doesn't see it as a failure. Otherwise they would have cut production volume and the number of colorways, which they didn't, which means even moving these at a discount they prioritized getting these on feet. It also appears to have created pent up demand for the XXXIII, which they are taking advantage of with the low cost viral marketing you see now.

Nike didn't get to where they are by being Adidas and chasing fads. They create the fads. If the shoe wasn't as popular as they would've liked, oh well. Nike will adapt and learn and it's part of the process. They continue to push. Which is why the sig line shouldn't go away until no one is buying.

The shoe wasn't a success.

Nike will make their money because they're Nike. I didn't say they lost money because Nike rarely looses money on the manufacturing shoes.

The Kyrie 8's will get sold to someone somewhere, yet that shoe isn't a success either.

But Nike will make their money in the manufacturing of those shoes.

Market?? trust me a signature jordan shoe needs very minimal advertising and marketing

Marketing isn't simply advertising as you think.

Market is signing athletes to wear the shoes.

Special editions to draw more interest in the shoes.

Putting the shoes in the right people's hands to attract more interest.

It's more than commercials and print ads and everything I mentioned costs more than $3.

the brand is obviously hyping the 38 -from inception on their 1st NIL female signee, to getting them into the hands of their athletes and influencers. After the 37 failure at retail, retailers would inevitably look to cut orders for the next model. This type of hype pumped into the 38 is Nike’s way to counter that.

Last edited:
The shoe wasn't a success.

Nike will make their money because they're Nike. I didn't say they lost money because Nike rarely looses money on the manufacturing shoes.

The Kyrie 8's will get sold to someone somewhere, yet that shoe isn't a success either.

But Nike will make their money in the manufacturing of those shoes.
I guess a better term for it is popularity. The 37 didn't make a lot of good impression. It's ridiculous that I could buy one readily everywhere in my area. Speaking of popularity, the GT Cuts are like that elusive unicorn nowadays. Funny thing is that it is not even a signature shoe.

I guess a better term for it is popularity. The 37 didn't make a lot of good impression. It's ridiculous that I could buy one readily everywhere in my area. Speaking of popularity, the GT Cuts are like that elusive unicorn nowadays. Funny thing is that it is not even a signature shoe.

‘Now that I agree with, that’s a good term.

Back
Top Bottom