Air max 720 2019 Thread

I know 3god 3god and some of you hate these uppers, but for some reason I think they are cool AF. Especially this SB colorway. Of course, will need to see in person to get a real sense of the proportions of the shoe, but right now I think this pair will be on my feet the day it drops.

The triangular mesh? panel is the thing I can’t get passed.

For some reason, that's the part I like the most :rofl:
No idea why, I just think it's funky and cool. Can understand why you guys dislike it, though. It's one of those elements you look at and either immediately think, that's cool, or that's terrible.

They shouldve either connected the two mesh panels or left them off altogether.

Bright side is atleast they didnt showcase them with that oil stain rainbow outline this time. Its way easier to digest this way.

Im loving the way the air bag looks on the silver bullets though, thats dope af.

For some reason, that's the part I like the most :rofl:
No idea why, I just think it's funky and cool. Can understand why you guys dislike it, though. It's one of those elements you look at and either immediately think, that's cool, or that's terrible.
It screams Jordan 11 ie to me. Same awkwardness.

I wish theyd just do a nice leather upper on these. Like a premium version or something.

Triangle mesh for the win.

I like these in part because they actually make sense to me as what a "future" AM97 would look like. The shape of that mesh panel and the other lines of the shoe remind me of water and ripples in water, and despite the made-up bullet-train marketing story, ripples in water were the real inspiration behind the AM97 design. Nothing to do with Japanese trains. If I was in a cartoon and got zapped with a future ray (I just made that up LOL) and I was wearing silver 97s, and the future ray made all of my clothes morph into a futuristic look, these are easily what my 97s could look like. This probably makes sense only to me :lol:

It screams Jordan 11 ie to me. Same awkwardness.

I wish theyd just do a nice leather upper on these. Like a premium version or something.

It's probably no surprise that I love the 11 ie, then. Well, just the OG black and red pair. I know what you mean by awkward but I still really dig that shoe and am still hoping we get a proper retro of that colorway at some point. I can't understand, at all, why we've yet to get a true OG retro. FFS, now they're selling those terrible volt etc ones, complete with gray elephant print just to go the extra mile down Ugly Street. They'll release those pieces of garbage but not the OG? It's beyond annoying to me.

800622_1.jpg

on top of

https_2F2Fhypebeast.com2Fimage2F20182F082Fnike-air-max-720-silver-bullet-teaser-1.jpg

Who will be first?

It looks blatantly designed to be put on the 97 upper. The 720 wave crest on the midsole is going to fit right over the screen and swoosh on the 97s real nice like.

If it isnt precisely flush it looks like itll be really really close. The question mark is going to be if the swoosh screen pokes out from underneath towards the front. Hopefully they were smart enough to have the foresight to make sure it fits.

Im thinking there will probably be a small bit of screen poking out just above the curve of the 720midsole... which would look nice and keep some of the functionality of the screen

do we have any photoshop wizards in here?

Last edited:
I like these in part because they actually make sense to me as what a "future" AM97 would look like. The shape of that mesh panel and the other lines of the shoe remind me of water and ripples in water, and despite the made-up bullet-train marketing story, ripples in water were the real inspiration behind the AM97 design. Nothing to do with Japanese trains. If I was in a cartoon and got zapped with a future ray (I just made that up LOL) and I was wearing silver 97s, and the future ray made all of my clothes morph into a futuristic look, these are easily what my 97s could look like. This probably makes sense only to me :lol:
Nah Im seeing that too. Ive just never been a fan that kind of mesh upper. It looks cheap or low end. I hate flyknit but I wouldve preferred it here.

Optimistic me wants to say these will hit sales racks or outlets because of the upper, in which case those soles are getting transplanted ASAP.

It's probably no surprise that I love the 11 ie, then. Well, just the OG black and red pair. I know what you mean by awkward but I still really dig that shoe and am still hoping we get a proper retro of that colorway at some point. I can't understand, at all, why we've yet to get a true OG retro. FFS, now they're selling those terrible volt etc ones, complete with gray elephant print just to go the extra mile down Ugly Street. They'll release those pieces of garbage but not the OG? It's beyond annoying to me.

:lol:

Nah Im seeing that too. Ive just never been a fan that kind of mesh upper. It looks cheap or low end. I hate flyknit but I wouldve preferred it here.

Optimistic me wants to say these will hit sales racks or outlets because of the upper, in which case those soles are getting transplanted ASAP.

I know what you mean about that mesh but let's see it in person. Either way, I'm sad to say I'll be grabbing these when they drop. There's just something about it I can't resist, mainly my future 97 feelings. I tell you what, I definitely like this way of doing it more than those stupid AM97 Ultras. I don't like that concept at all on the 97s, though I bought some Ultra Spiridons in the OG silver/gray/red color scheme on discount and like them a lot. But the 97s, nah. Just give me the OG build or eff off, especially in the OG colorways. This shoe here is the way to "update" that classic, in my goofy opinion, anyway.

Super excited for this model. This iridescent pair is what sold me. Retro-futuristic vibes.

Attachments

• C1BE7467-C0B0-475F-B4F7-F188BFD0E0F3.jpeg
    C1BE7467-C0B0-475F-B4F7-F188BFD0E0F3.jpeg
    477.7 KB · Views: 60
37393364_1074920059383130_2382426227471286272_n.jpg

36942188_491035001344659_3022205161473835008_n.jpg

37808376_2078213855833125_4406774150937444352_n.jpg
37135507_177356296339979_3536206871566221312_n.jpg

samples taken from IG
Ive been on the fence about these sneakers the past couple of days, but then the more i look at the purple pair the more i want and it became my most anticipated sneaker. Btw is the 1st purple pair corduroy?

On IG, i see 3 types of purple. The one that have lines like the first pic and look like corduroy, a neoprene looking one, and a mesh looking one with the holes.

So when do these release? Those silver ones better not be some limited Air Max Day BS.

Those blue jawns are poo poo, whether real or fake.

And please don't give 'em any ideas about limited releases with these. Silver bullet x2 for me if gr.

Those blue jawns are poo poo, whether real or fake.

And please don't give 'em any ideas about limited releases with these. Silver bullet x2 for me if gr.

I said that because a Sneakernews story says some will release this year but more to come on AM Day 2019. Not that everything that site says is correct. Just want to know when I can grab the silvers.

Back
Top Bottom