AIR MAX LEBRON 7 REVIEW! by NYGIANTS11

Copped 2 pairs this morning so I had to give them a go - being they're the newest LeBron shoe, and designed by NT's own Alphaproject (Sup J!)

Right out the box, the attention to detail and craftsmanship are second to none. Very AJ 11-esque in the patent leather usage.... AJ 13-like in the sidepanening / lacing.

From the Gold VII on the lacetop to the exceptional stitching, this is an extremelly well made product. I do not have a digital scale. but these are extremellylight - on par with the 6.

Pro's -
Great ankle protection with great lockdown feel.
Great breathability from the mesh tongue and flywire panel.
Great feel all around the foot as all exposed seems are nill.
Very lightweight
Very good traction which improved over time.
Good cushioning and impact protection
The tongue is molded in a way so that it will not slip - nice touch.
The combination of patent leather and flywire does a great job of keeping the foot on the footbed.

Cons -
Feels very stiff in the midsole at first. I figured this would go away after hours of playing - it didnt.
Air max cushioning - although its an "improved" version, it is still Air Max. I personnally crave zoom air, and it is my standard. In fact, this isthe first non-zoom Nike shoe I've worn since the AJ XX. If your a bigger player, or like air-max, then this shoe is for you. If you like zoom then nope.
Heel toe transition - Maybe I'm spoiled, but the combination of zoom with some sort of shank (carbon, plastic, or composite) provides the best heel-toetransition. I just didnt get the same smoothness with purely air max.
Court feel - the shoe feels very high off the ground - attributed to the forementioned air max unit. Don't get me wrong, it was good. But can have beenbetter.

Ratings:
Ankle Protection - 5/5
Comfort and fit 4/5
Heel toe transition 3.5/5
Court Feel 3.5/5
Traction 4/5
Cushioning 4/5
Overall 4/5

Improvements - Gimmie back my zoom air!
pimp.gif

My dimesions - 6-1. 175. sz 14. PG / SG

Hope this helps, any questions.... hit me up.

^
And?

This is how the shoe performed for me. They certainly do not feel low to the ground what so ever. The cushioning is very good - but not nearly as responsive asa zoom based shoe.

no air max shoe will ever feel low to the ground so i kinda have to agree with ny giants

Thanks for taking the time on the review, NY!

Each review is going to be different due to the reviewers style of play, physical attributes, preference in technology/materials, etc.

Either way, both of the reviews came to the conclusion that the LeBron VII is a great performance shoe... although, I do not like reading this in a review:
You would have to dig very deep to find any obvious weaknesses on the Air Max LeBron VII. Matter of fact, it does not have weaknessess

Thanks for the review. Looks like I'll need to try these on in-store to make a performance judgment. Like OP, I prefer Zoom over Air Max and that might bea deal breaker even though these shoes look sweet.

^ The looks of the shoe are probably its best attribute. I look forward to the White Navy and White Black teal colors for every day wearing

nice review, im also not so happy about the air max... im a bigger guy weight wise but i still would prefer zoom

thanks for the review. i actually like the air max. something different, maybe it will help his team reach the finals...only to face Kobe and Co. in the end.

Thanks for the review. You wear a size 14 and you're only 6'1"? You stunted your growth like Jonny Flynn?

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

^ Please read the review carefully...I dont wear air max bball kicks.

this is a question for anyone who has knowledge regarding hypermax and lebron 7.

well, from the sounds of it........ the VIIs have more cushioning than the hypermax because the hypermaxes cushioning is a lil on the harder side compared tothe IVs and VIs. Im quite sure the hypermaxes are heavier since they are heavier than the VI's. I hope that helps some.

You lucky s.o.b... getting to test out the Bron VII's already! I feel the same way about Zoom Air, and was mostly curious how the new 360 technology wouldcompare. And seriously... size 14 at 6'1"?? Thanks for the early review!

I'm intrested in this shoe I might cop these just to see how they perform. NY how do you think they will perform with ankle braces?

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

I'm intrested in this shoe I might cop these just to see how they perform. NY how do you think they will perform with ankle braces?

Really don't think they'll be a need for braces - the ankle support is MORE than enough. Its actually almost too much... kinda like the AJ 17 ifyou've worn those.

Originally Posted by raptors29

Thanks for the review. You wear a size 14 and you're only 6'1"? You stunted your growth like Jonny Flynn?

LOL, dwade only 6'4 and he wears same size as lebron 15 or 16 i think lebron like 5 inches taller

^yea its really not that usually..... friend of mine is 6'2 and has a size 14, its no biggy. And NY, i hope the ankle support isnt exactly the same as theXVII's because from what i remember, it was kind of stiff (i had the OG white/college blue and the white/reds).

Back
Top Bottom