Air Max Tailwind Retro (2019)

AEBAAF6C-54AE-4672-BF78-20BB50C26ABD.jpeg
I wore mine last night - very comfortable and much more cushioned than my other waffle retros (Oregon’s & Racers), so that’s a very welcome addition for me.

AEBAAF6C-54AE-4672-BF78-20BB50C26ABD.jpeg
I wore mine last night - very comfortable and much more cushioned than my other waffle retros (Oregon’s & Racers), so that’s a very welcome addition for me.
Smart move to double up! Wish i would have done the same. They really surprised me with the classic arch support they added to the insole and how comfortable they are.

Smart move to double up! Wish i would have done the same. They really surprised me with the classic arch support they added to the insole and how comfortable they are.
No kidding. I’ve been wearing them all day today and the cushioning is better than a lot of other current shoes. I almost feel like I could run in these...

Kind of slept on these - but I did on the other just pick up some Roshe Daybreak Fragments which echo this. However when I watched illistics review vid and as soon as I saw the box I needed to get em.

This is the sort of retro standard Nike needs to stick to. So many details.

Any images of the new colourways as I'm actually not feeling the blue. If there was something else that 'clicked' with me then I'll wait. If not then I might just get these to have it in the collection.

I’m good with the grey/blue. Love the color and love the comfort - getting better each wear, and I’m wearing them a lot!

No kidding. I’ve been wearing them all day today and the cushioning is better than a lot of other current shoes. I almost feel like I could run in these...
Running in a 40 yr old shoe is crazy.

Having tried these on I wasn't a fan of the almost symmetrical shape (meaning you have to take a second to figure which is left/right). But variety is what we need. So I'm happy that people who want them have got em. In the mean while I'm stoked with my fragment Daybreaks and now some Elite vintage. These are keeping me happy on the retro side.

Those and the Skylons were Nikes best retro release this year!

Unfortunately some of the real OG Nike sneakers from the 70s have been forgotten - the Tailwinds are easily AF1, Blazer or Cortez level of classic but underrated even though they were the genesis of Nikes air system.

I'd like to have a moon shoe retro next - they already released a remixed version this year but having the flats with a casual-ready sole would be awesome.

Those and the Skylons were Nikes best retro release this year!

Unfortunately some of the real OG Nike sneakers from the 70s have been forgotten - the Tailwinds are easily AF1, Blazer or Cortez level of classic but underrated even though they were the genesis of Nikes air system.

I'd like to have a moon shoe retro next - they already released a remixed version this year but having the flats with a casual-ready sole would be awesome.

I'd add the Air Span II to that list - they do look pretty accurate (there is a good pic of the laser blue OG 2018 against the 1991/2 original)

Oh how could I've forgotten them! They came out too early and left my mind but I've bought so many of them, even the new colorways were great! Ok, so I'd say
1. Tailwind
2. Skylon/Span II

Been searching for the grey/blue 79’s for about a week now with now luck.

I kno im late but is it pretty much a wrap for retail @ this point?

Maaan... seeing those IVs give me hope for the future. I had this fear they would throw an AMP midsole on them or something "good enough", but they really rehashed the tooling to look like the OGs (albeit with a smaller air bubble).

Let's hope this spells more shoes with unique tooling in the future instead of sticking with 97 based midsole designs.

AM 99 (Tuned 99s) and Tailwind 5+ are the prospects I'm most eager to see.

Back
Top Bottom