Air Penny 2 RD & Pics: 9/27/08 White/Royal/Black, 11/08, & 01/09

Mine finally shipped
smokin.gif

Footlocker shipped mine in a freaking bag.. The box is messed up for sure.

I really like the clear/blueish sole these have. Like others, I wish they had more of an Orlando blue color to them. Nonetheless, I love them and will rock them this weekend.

Consensus on here is go .5 size up.

I'm an 11.5-12 and wish I got an 12.

When in doubt tho visit your local mom & pop or footlocker and try on the Miami's or these if they have them. Good look
I ended up ordering a size 11.5, which is a half size up from my actual size. I hope they are not too long. Do these have responsive Zoom Air?

Found a size 15 at an outlet for a screaming deal. They fit very well, unfortunately for me 14.5 isn't available

Footlocker shipped mine in a freaking bag.. The box is messed up for sure.

I really like the clear/blueish sole these have. Like others, I wish they had more of an Orlando blue color to them. Nonetheless, I love them and will rock them this weekend.
Yes these cheap ***** at Champs charged 7.99 for shipping and sent mine in a bag also

Last edited:
The Air Penny 2 were one of my favorite basketball sneakers, I remember destroying the Miami colorway to the ground, glad they brought the color back.

Got mine in today quality isn't too bad, not too many glue marks or imperfections. Also these fit very true to size too me. I'm an 11 and if I went up to an 11.5 I'd be swimming in them. My Atlantic definitely run bigger. Feel like I should have sized down in those.
overall I real like the shoe! Copped with the thought I'd probably end up returning since none of my spots got these, but now I'm strongly reconsidering.

@UnLaced510 they still have sizes left? Going to be in Hayward next week

After hearing various opinions of sizing on these I'm glad I stayed tts, with my 10.5. In the 1's and 6's I'm a 10.5, but the 5's and half cents I'm an 11

Saw them in person for the first time today and WOW the quality seems bad. I'm gonna wait to see if I can cop for under a bill. 76.99 seems perfect

Last edited:
Watched a bit of the Shaq & Penny 30 for 30 and they mentioned Penny overshadowing Jordan for a minute in shoe popularity. Any old heads wanna school me in a history lesson? Was Penny popping like that?

Watched a bit of the Shaq & Penny 30 for 30 and they mentioned Penny overshadowing Jordan for a minute in shoe popularity. Any old heads wanna school me in a history lesson? Was Penny popping like that?
Oh yes! When the 1s and 2s were out it was pretty close as far as popularity by me (location) back then. Jordan's were clearly on top but penny wasn't far behind along with Iverson back then.

Last edited:

Yea man. Penny was def popping like that. Injuries really detailed his career. Him and grant hill. Both of those guys were transcendent talents.

And yea, penny's were definitely competing with Jordans for a hot minute.

Pennys were hot in my area for sure, foams were love/hate but the penny 1 and penny 2 were all over when I was in high school. Don't know if they were more popular than Js considering I live in northern Illinois, but in high school a lot of folks couldn't afford Js. Grant Hills, Iverson's, Pennys, and Barkley's were all strong in my high school.

Wore my SCs yesterday and they definitely run smaller than the other 2 colorways, size up if you can. Unfortunately there aren't any 15.5 or 16s available for me.

Oh yes! When the 1s and 2s were out it was pretty close as far as popularity by me (location) back then. Jordan's were clearly on top but penny wasn't far behind along with Iverson back then.

Yea man. Penny was def popping like that. Injuries really detailed his career. Him and grant hill. Both of those guys were transcendent talents.

And yea, penny's were definitely competing with Jordans for a hot minute.

Cosign both of you... Jordans were def the staple, but both Pennys and Iversons were the "hot, new thing" in my area in the late 90s. The design of both lines were just so new and unconventional at that time, and I think it helped that they were a little more affordable and attainable than Jordans too, atleast in my experience.

Interesting to think where Pennys shoe line might've gone if he had stayed healthy...

Back
Top Bottom