Air Pippen 1

I don't own the Retros.

I can tell you however the OGs were heavy, not that well cushioned or ventilated, and the traction was horrible.

The plastic jewels on the side didn't help the shoe much in the flexing department.

Little wonder Pippen rejected them in favour of a zoom version.

The Retros certainly are unlikely to be any more cushioned than the OGs, if even that much, due to less air and more phylon.

I'd be surprised if they resolved the other issues, but it could happen.

If you can get a good deal on them... well you could do worse, but performance wise, they're worth nothing close to the suggested retail price Nike put onthem.

If you're determined to play in a full length Air Max shoe... take a look at the Stat 1 (really!) It scores well on cushioning, pretty well on support andtraction.

I've no experience of the Lebron VII, but i would be VERY skeptical that it comes with $160 performance.

I got the OGs, they were horrible to play ball in. Felt like boots. Super heavy.

I got the retros and I will compare.

I own two pairs of the Retros.

They have that weird circular bottom sole that most shoes like the Penny's, Kidds, released around the same time. Needless to say traction is horrible and should definetly not be used for outdoor basketball.

The shoes are heavy, and the sole is just to thick with not enough ankle support.

Don't get me wrong, the shoes are a classic, the design is sick, and the Black/Red colorway is fire. I'd only recommend to rock, not to ball in.

I'm new but I've got these and I'll chime in on my experience with them. Keep in mind these are reviews on the retros.

For basketball, they didn't do too well. They are super heavy, traction is subpar, and they are very high off the ground. I found myself ALWAYS getting shin splints when rocking these to play hoops in.

I have only balled with Retros. For me these are really comfortable, but these should be used by people who are "heavy", like me. Traction is nothing out of the ordinary, but for indoors the lace holes make it real easy to lockdown your feet.

Heavy IMO but supremely comfy.. They run a little big but if you have flat feet they will hurt your big toe a little bit

Back
Top Bottom