air sole over-inflated

Anyone ever have an air sole over-inflate on it's own?  I've owned Nike Air's of various models for years and never seen this.  The sole under my left heel somehow filled with extra air and created a bubble in the air sole so it was like walking with a rock under my heel.  Sent to Nike warranty claims and the inspector said it was caused by excessive wear.  I can see if it popped but not sure how over-inflation wouldn't be a manufacturing defect of some sort.  Just curious if anyone else has had this problem.

No.  That's what happened to my air sole that Nike said wasn't a manufacturing defect.

That's is MESSED UP. Did you send them a pic? Try airing them out on twitter or taking them to the store.

Sent them the actual shoe and they still denied it was a defect. Just bought a pair of Reebok cross trainers since Nike doesn't admit to their mistakes.

If the shoes were over-inflated you would of felt it from day one. I don't know what that is honestly...did you ever put them in a dryer or wore em somewhere extremely hot?

well they are over inflated since no more air was put into them. guess something happened from you wearing them, its not really a defect unless they came like that which clearly they didnt since you wore them...

I remember reading that Nike's air bubbles actually inflate with use. Something like the bubble is porous/ air permeable and that the gas they used had molecules that were too big to fit through the pores, so air couldn't escape but it could enter. I know that Nike switched to a different gas several years ago because it wasn't environmentally friendly, so I don't know if the same holds true nowadays.

the contents of the air bag are, of course, under pressure. it's not over inflated, though.

what's happened is the air bag has a structural failure. the bag is made up of several layers and one of the layers of the air bag has separated and become weakened, and it's now more likely to pop.

considering the location, it looks like the air bag may have been pulled away from the sole either through a twisting motion or something else. this happens to tires all the time.

it's definitely not a manufacturer defect, it's caused by wear.

Last edited:
Exactly the same happened to me, left heel and i thought it wathinkingofs a rock. What I'm thinking now is how to do this on the other pair so I can give this to my wife telling her if she likes nike rubber shoes with heels.

i notice this is an old post, lol.. I just wanted to add.

the exact same thing happen to my LBJ X today. (i know the shoes is a bit old... now that is 2019)
i could not find much info on this.... i believe the FIBER in the visible zoom air unit is broken. and now the air pocket is inflated...

i was just walking around with the shoes too..

Hey Guys, the same problem happened to my Lebron X jades, i seldom use it and its just always in its box with silica gel. Upon checking them today i saw that the airsole is over inflated in the heel.part. can this still be repaired
1573837171765844527776063512960.jpg
?

The same thing happened in my lebron 15’s today. In the middle of the game just inflated somehow and I had to finish the game with it. Anyone know the reason behind this?

Attachments

• B45C8DFB-9883-44C2-A19C-ABA7D7F13DF2.jpeg
    B45C8DFB-9883-44C2-A19C-ABA7D7F13DF2.jpeg
    252.8 KB · Views: 2,401
Back
Top Bottom