Air span II returns 2018

Not even gonna front, never knew these existed until this morning LOL. Looks dope tho, may gun for a pair

Nice, think I'll buy a pair.

They may look a bit plain/boring because of no visible air and the uppers also nothing too flashy. But make no mistake, these were some serious running shoes back in the day. As far as I remember sole technology was quite similar (if not the same) as in Stabs.

http://www.complex.com/sneakers/2011/08/the-50-greatest-running-shoes-of-all-time/5 :
47 Nike Air Span
Year: 1989
An amazing shoe that's rarely mentioned, the Span was left in the shade by the pricier Stab and lure of exposed Air, although they were picked up by runners looking for something that looked good, performed well and didn't cost the earth. It's imbued with the design elements of the time, but in white, grey and light blue this felt like the lump sum of the previous decade's finest offerings. There's plenty more from this era that don't get the shine they deserve, but this (and not the faintly inferior Span II) deserves a reissue, just so a new generation can appreciate this road running creation.
Strangely enough at first glance there seems to be no visual difference between Span Is and IIs if you look up vintage pairs, but there most likely was?? Not sure what exactly.

Nike also already released the Air Max Span a few years ago, basically some tacky weird hybrid between Span resembling uppers and some weird Max sole, that I think is right down there with other horrible shoes like Skylines/Commands & LTDs/Wrights.
https://sneakernews.com/tag/nike-air-max-span/

Last edited:
Nice, those and the Air Stab never quite get the recognition they deserve, I like the bold lettering of the model on the side.

I like these, remind me so much of the infrared structure triax. They need to do that colorway on these or rerelease them already.

Nice, those and the Air Stab never quite get the recognition they deserve, I like the bold lettering of the model on the side.

stabs got props..they just mishandled in retro form...did get s couple of decent colors though.

Received my pairs today from Nike. Ordered TTS 10 and 10.5. Both fit fine, would be happy with either. The 10 fits similar to a air max plus TN where’s there’s more top down pressure than most Nike’s. (Not quite as narrow as a TN though) Not a lot of vertical room in the shoe. 10.5 is slightly wider with less top down pressure. Heel doesn’t slip on either. So it comes down to your own personal preference on fit. I’m gonna wear the 10 around for a couple days to decide. They’ll probably break in a little and fit perfect.

Materials seem kinda cheap but they look really good. Mesh is very thick, decent amount of padding. Overall I’m very pleased with them, especially for only $95.

Last edited:
I received my pair 2 days ago. Wasn’t too impressed with them. I sent them back. Maybe I’ll buy again when they are on clearance.

The shoe breaks in really nicely. Wore my pair all day Saturday. They actually have good cushioning with some legit bounce from the midsole. Surprising for a retro.

Thnx! But I meant YOUR pair ;-) I understand. I'll have to wait for my pair then.

I really really hope they bring the infrared colorway back again. I’ll buy multiples

Cosign! When those came out the were like 299 guilders in 1990 in Holland. NO WAY my mom said… Found them in 1996 on sale in Rome. Later they got stolen on Curaçao. It still hurts 20 years later…

Back
Top Bottom