Air Tech Challenge II and Tech Low Retro EDIT*pic* 9/29 uhoh

im gonna try black laces and then try to find some hot lava laces or i guess neon pink.

my pair is dragging from eastbay whats the deal...right now status says shipment accepted houston tx at 12:32 so idk what that means but i havnt receivedanything. estimation is still 4/4

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

im gonna try black laces and then try to find some hot lava laces or i guess neon pink.

my pair is dragging from eastbay whats the deal...right now status says shipment accepted houston tx at 12:32 so idk what that means but i havnt received anything. estimation is still 4/4

I'm in dallas and my pair came today. If you try the black laces will you send me a pic?

yea ill post pics when i get some laces maybe friday if my pair arrives by then....im currently sitting outside with a 40oz awaiting the mailman

thanks for the pics, FeelMode. the only differences i noticed were the different shades of the lava splatter and heel. i got my pair yesterday and i could notstop looking at them.

Good looks on the FNL link & code for $25 off. Can't beat an $81 pricetag. That Leaders fitted is MEAN. That's a must cop.

FeelMode, what are the sizes you are comparing? That OG looks like it could be a youth size, which we really can't compare to an adult size. Maybe thecolor differences are accurate (but still possibly explainable because of age and fading), but the Nike Air logo on the back of the adult size OG wasdefinitely embroidered, and the heel counter was leather, not plastic.

I think we truly have an accurate retro. And the next colorway should also be spot on according to a friend of mine who showed them the original to make surethey got it right (after he saw the horrible sample they had).

Originally Posted by SCBlazr05

thanks for the pics, FeelMode. the only differences i noticed were the different shades of the lava splatter and heel. i got my pair yesterday and i could not stop looking at them.
i completely agree, they did a great job with these, i just wanted to point out the color difference and a couple stitching differences. I am in no waybummed by this release, i wish the Techs from last year could have stayed as true to the original as these ended up. I do think im ok with just the 1 pairhowever, and to me there has been a couple retros since 2000 that were pretty much perfect in every way. If every retro could end up as close as this one did iwould be a lot happier, thats for sure.

edit* yea the OG's are a size 7.5 (the size i wore when they came out the first time) and the retros are a size 12. so there are a couple differences,although i dont think 7.5 is a youth size. I really was just doing a color comparison and some stitching differences near the front. I think with the retro ifthey could have just got the same color that is used on the swoosh to match with the splatter i would be gassed.

just a head ups cause the image is protected so i cant copy and post: theres a seller on the "bay" selling some shirts he says are atcII retro its aall black with the nike and swoosh under it with lava paint splatter around it and like aqua blue in the back ground: he got two sizes XXL and a L

thanks feel mode. not bad at all. i love the streamlined look and angles that the Originial possesses. then youve got a missing rubber trim on the heel. somematerial layering thats just not perfectly right. the forefoot design and angles are so off from the originials but it appears its so off that it actuallycreates a new style for the retros. so two wrongs do make a right.

EDIT:
http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-NIKE-AI...ryZ63850QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

all my complaints are thrown out. Heel stitching and design- correct. black accents on the upper correct? YEP. stitching on the forefoot right? Yep.

feel mode, id actually take that comparison shot down. these retros are nearly perfect. by comparison shots, there off.

Just ordered 2 pairs off FNL.com with 20% off code. Try 'cashbaq' in the promo code section at checkout.
Hope it works out for those that still need it.
peace

Hopefully PYS doesnt cancel orders and then finishline sells out... that would be the worst..

Originally Posted by rayfizzle

Hopefully PYS doesnt cancel orders and then finishline sells out... that would be the worst..

eyes.gif
dont say that lol

do these fit small like the first tech challenges do, or can i order my true size?

Damn...see this is why I can't be messing with ya'll dudes man.

I went and ordered these sneakers...yet, I've never played tennis, was interested in tennis or Agassi, and these sneakers hold no sentimental value for mebecause I didn't have them when I was young.

But, I didn't want to regret not getting them down the line like I did with the infrared 90's.

For $80 shipped isn't that bad though, because I know I can alway sell them back and lose a couple dollars.

Damn man I promised I wouldn't go out the box and just get what I needed to that I planned earlier this year and go and do this BS...now it will open upthe flood gates because I'm not sticking to what I originally planned to purchase.

We'll see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom