Air Trainer Classic low?

Sorry if this is a rehash, I tried looking on the first few pages and didn't see anything maybe I missed it. But uh yeah, where did these come from? I need them in my life...any other colorways set to drop?

from....    http://sneakernews.com/20...sic-low-white-grey-teal/

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
nike-air-trainer-classic-low-white-grey-teal.jpg

Fans of the Air Trainer SC II only had their appetites for the long awaited retro release stimulated by the vulc-soled Auto Trainer lifestyle look from Nike Sportswear, and now they’re applying almost an inverted approach to the SC II’s predecessor.  Instead of an autoclaved edition before the OGs, we get the Nike Air Trainer Classic Low as a chopped-off take on the Air Trainer SC, a new design that keeps its SC DNA thanks to the familiar tooling and reinforced eyelet wing.  This teal-accented white/grey colorup is a throwback in its own right and the speckled rear section of midsole really drives home the golden era vibe.  You can see some more photos after the jump if you’re still on the fence, then head to select NSW stores like West in New York to grab yours today.

nike-air-trainer-classic-low-white-grey-teal-1-570x380.jpg

nike-air-trainer-classic-low-white-grey-teal-3-570x380.jpg

I think these were posted in the normal Nike section since it's not really a retro of anything. The midsole is of course off one of the Bo Jackson's. But other than that, it's all "new". Most people at that time just kind of brushed these off and forgot about them.

Something seems off and I just can't pinpoint it.

NDC has an all black and grey "raider" colorway coming out real soon.

Every place seems to have the white/red/black colorway.. These will just drop to below 60% off retail at some point I'd imagine.
Nike-Air-Trainer-Classic.png

This one is coming out real soon too.
http://insidethesneakerbox.com/2011/09/15/nikeairtrainerclassic/
IMG_6248.jpg

As always, I wonder what the quality amounts to on these, more specifically the white red black pair.

Sometimes I'd just rather wear beaters who are yellowed and junky looking than shoes that aren't of a decent quality. Even if they do drop to $30, that's $30 bucks I can keep for something else, and continue to wear broken down shoes... These are an impulse buyers nightmare. Call me a stubborn mule, but these look a bit variant looking, so when it comes to wearing Bo's, it's either some beaters or nothing. I see no room for these. Others will be less strict about what they wear and I can understand/respect that.

greenrhino, I think Nike does whatever it wants at any given time, with no method to their madness. They actually had some great templates for cross trainers not yet retroed, but they decided to get a bit lazy, keep the midsole mold that costs them nothing, and just re invent the upper a bit. It comes off lazy in my eyes... Even that womens Trainer Escape a few years back had this same midsole... Unless they actually want to start creating a new outsole and midsole for true to form retros, I don't see any proper evolution here.

It doesn't help retail on a mid/low is set at $105. The auburns and "lightnings" sc trainers were also set at $105 and are much higher.. Lows or mids like this should be priced at $90-100. We'll see that eventually I would imagine as prices drop.

They need to stop messing around and re release a SC trainer low
14wpzk8.jpg

Release in some bright #*$ colors, and you're set

There was a women's og colorway in this bright pink color. It just craps all over everything we've seen since then
Air-Trainer-Sc-Low-light-Fluorescent-Pink--Sapphire-6726-6727-1large.jpg

If you're sticking with a white base, go with less accents color, and just overall brighter. Imagine the above in a bright infrared, orange, green, or blue..

Potential is definitely there
---------

edit: what seems off on these is what appears to be a less than normal boxy toebox. It's actually quite sleek. I guess when it's a brand new model, they can get things right without having anything to reference. I'll actually have to give them credit for that

Not a fan of low trainers

Saw the top pair in the store yesterday, colorway isn't bad, but they're a low

Going to have to break out my elephant print Bo Lows that came out a few years back in the spring...

Nike's got to bring back the lateral midfoot strap, for me that was the icing on the cake for cross trainers.

WALLY: to me what seems "off" about the "new" cross trainers above is the rear section; they ditched the OG styling and IMO added elements from the Air Trainer E along with the heel section from the Agassi line (visually, IMO)

They also deleted/omitted the plastic adjustable lacing eyelet reinforcements at the bottom & top of the lacing system. While susceptible to cracking & prone to yellowing, they were a big part of the appeal of Nike's cross trainers from that era...

It's weird to me, the c/w I posted has a classic shape/feel to me. While the other ones posted don't give me the same vibe, not just the colors but the cut/look of the shoe overall. Maybe its lighting / angles of the pictures.

i tried that grey colorup on recently, its not bad looking at all. toebox is a little wider than the original air trainer SCs. air trainer SCs always creased funny on me.

Back
Top Bottom