Air Trainer SC Black/Grey #34 Bo Jackson via theshoegame.com

wallyhopp always dropping knowledge on this shoe
pimp.gif

ill be honest, the leather doesnt seem THAT bad, the best part of the shoe is the #34 on the back and that's the main reason why I want em

The 2009 black/grey Bos painted midsole just cracked after 3-5 or more casual wears, especially around the air unit.

I went through five size 11s. 
30t6p3b.gif

No other retro they did in any other colorway cracked like those did.

So I'll just wait and see this time...

My Auburns have held up surprisingly well for as cheap as they seem. Did they really drop twice? I thought it was just a somewhat limited drop followed by them trickling out to more widespread areas? Similar to the Atlantic Penny 2's..

What I want more than anything is the return of the OG webtec. Having never owned a pair of OG's or the old retro's, it's one of those things I can only admire from pictures and stories. My favorite part of the shoe probably.

Originally Posted by Weatherman

My Auburns have held up surprisingly well for as cheap as they seem. Did they really drop twice? I thought it was just a somewhat limited drop followed by them trickling out to more widespread areas? Similar to the Atlantic Penny 2's..

What I want more than anything is the return of the OG webtec. Having never owned a pair of OG's or the old retro's, it's one of those things I can only admire from pictures and stories. My favorite part of the shoe probably.

They dropped twice. If you wanted them, you could have easily gotten them. I'd say it was similar to the Atlantic's or freshwater Griffey I's, except the freshwaters and atlantics sold out quick the first go around. These slow bubbled first time until they finally sold, and the second time they really sat until they were at outlets like the atlantics.

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

i got my auburn pair ds for $65 shipped, they weren't hard to attain at all

I got both of mine below retail. First time I hopped on them fast when Wally first mentioned it and used the Eastbay discount.

They were at a Footlocker for nearly a year, up until around this time last year. I started to get another pair just because I was tired of going there and seeing them.

Just saw this on theshoegame.com
nike-air-trainer-sc-high-grey-white-blue.jpg

As we reported a few ago, the Bo Jackson endorsed Nike Air Trainer SC High is part of Nike Sportswear’s Holiday 2012 lineup. The not-so Raiders colorway will return later this year, and from what we’ve heard, the #34 will also return. Nike also released special colors of the Air Trainer SC High to coincide with the NFL Draft.

Come Holiday 2012, new colorways of the Air Trainer SC High Retro will be available in stores. Look for both colors to hit select NSW retailers in November and December. Retail is $110.

nike-trainer-sc-high-2012-tour-yellow.jpg

So they're not done giving us lazy, uninspired colorways for the shoe.  I just hate so much how that mudguard matches with the lace locks and that top nubuck piece that swoops down to the lateral side in the front and it's all the same exact color.  None of the OGs or first retros were like that there was always some contrast there.  It's saving me money like I said before but it's just doing a disservice to such a great shoe.  Give us infrareds, Auburns with decent leather, and some white royals like you did the first time around.  

updates anyone??!?!?! i need my fix, plus i wanna see if they use the og-like materials

Originally Posted by ekhunter

updates anyone??!?!?! i need my fix, plus i wanna see if they use the og-like materials

What do you think the odds are?

^^^lol, seriously. I'm not getting my hopes up for these at ALL. I'd be in shock and awe if they used the right combo of materials and made these do the OGs any justice. Like, I'm not even setting money aside for them, that's how confident I am that I won't want them.

maybe there are retroing them again so quickly is because of the garbage leather they used on the last and they want to redeem their selves?? LOL

Originally Posted by ekhunter

maybe there are retroing them again so quickly is because of the garbage leather they used on the last and they want to redeem their selves?? LOL

b5a268c57e20085ccaf4b6b7f4607c792ca02b5f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom