AJ 1 BLACK/ROYAL FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda, sorta... chicken and egg. Prior to 1985 The Georgetown Hoyas always got special makeup Nike shoes that varyied slightly from the rest of the NCAA. For 1985 Nike had designed a shoe "specially" for the Hoyas called the "Air-Hoya" while the rest of the NCAA was slated to wear the Dunk. This "Air-Hoya" was basically a modified version of the dunk with attached leather ankle supports and an extra support at the midfoot.
When Nike signed Jordan it was under the condition that he got his own shoe for his rookie year. Since designing and putting a shoe into production takes months Nike decided their best option was to take the design for the "Air Hoya" and turn it into the "Air Jordan".

IMO even though the AJ1/hoya had "Air" and the Dunk didnt I still feel like theyre less premium than the Dunk. I say this because the sole and midsole on the AJ1 has less detail than the dunk and the tongue of the AJ1 is much cheaper looking and less durable due to the lace stablizer being cut into the tongue instead of stitched on.
Great info dog. Knew that dunks were prior to 1's but was unaware of the hoya/jordan bit.

Last edited:
I don't get why people are saying not to give JB any ideas. You don't think people shooting each other over this shoe to put it on eBay for a $100 profit gives them all the ideas they need? If ridiculous aftermarket prices aren't giving them ideas, NT post certainly aint

Last edited:
^^^ We knw it did that's why they producing $300+ dollar shoes.
Don't even remind me.

The reason we have those ridiculous shoes this year is because the L9 Elites sold like crack. The video game industry did the same thing a while back. They made special edition games to gauge people's willingness to pay for a $60 game, and then raised the price to $60.

Last edited:
^^^ We knw it did that's why they producing $300+ dollar shoes.
Don't even remind me.

The reason we have those ridiculous shoes this year is because the L9 Elites sold like crack. The video game industry did the same thing a while back. They made special edition games to gauge people's willingness to pay for a $60 game, and then raised the price to $60.
Actually,the Foams are selling like crack.I still see the LeBron 9s Elites just sitting there.

why does that nike air tag look weird as ****? :lol:
seriously you guys who never had a jordan 1 have NO CLUE what you are getting yourselves into. The Jordan 1 is PAINFUL to wear...

Everyones feet are different. I don't have a problem with the I's comfort.

Only uncomfortable 1s to me were the '01 & '94. New technology makes them more comfortable. May get some elite socks for additional comfort.

Only uncomfortable 1s to me were the '01 & '94. New technology makes them more comfortable. May get some elite socks for additional comfort.

You didn't like the 01's? I mean relative to some of the other Jordan's they weren't that comfortable, but overall I thought the '01's were pretty comfy.

I dunno, if I were a pair of 1s to run errands and stuff they feel fine to me, but if I'm walking for a extending period of time my feet start to hurt.

My Royals sometimes bother me but the rubber has some issues just due to age but my Breds are a half size too small and I have no issues with them

Everyones feet are different. I don't have a problem with the I's comfort.

The last 1's I purchased was the DMP pack, and I clearly remember the insoles being well padded.

So no comfort problems, but then again, I wouldn't do a 30K marathon walk in them.

Last edited:
One of my favorites..

I'd be pissed if I still collected and had some OGs or 01's. :lol:

..but *shrugs* JB gon retro/re-retro/re-re-retro/etc.

Might be the first time I double up . But won't get too stingy , 1 would be enough .

You didn't like the 01's? I mean relative to some of the other Jordan's they weren't that comfortable, but overall I thought the '01's were pretty comfy.

My fault I meant to state theyre uncomfortable as of today due to age. But back in the day the Metallic 01's were comfy. I'm sure the 94's were too when they dropped. But now they're semi stiff and crease like a ***** if u dnt walk light. That makes an uncomfy experience.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom