AJ 1 High University Blue 2021

I see you're currently feeling the wrath of NT Finance Advisors... Will never understand the logic of these pocket watchers especially on forum where we all talk about buying $200 shoes non stop.
FDDBE411-6E72-4D60-85D5-16696B64DC63.png

Honestly this wild type of behavior like folks dropping $500 on sneakers for their kids is part of the reason the market is the way it is for shoes now. I don't know dude's situation or how old the kid is... but as a father, if my son wanted these and was old enough to work I would tell him to get a part time job and literally #putinwork, and by the time he finally got that check, after being raped by taxes... are these shoes still worth the money and time you put in for them versus all the other things you want and could have? If he still wants them then so be it, his cash so whatever, at least I have established a good work ethic, but for him to just be like dad, I want those shoes... knowing how much they cost and understanding the "value" of them. I would definitely laugh in his face too.

I want my kids to learn the value of a dollar

I'm gonna buy them decent shoes, not something that will get them teased by other kids...but the line in the sand is drawn well before $500

I would rather put $500 in a 529 plan or something that will benefit them more than a pair of shoes

some might say I can't afford them, maybe they're right

but I say I have more money than brains

And yet still after all that, I read pocket watchers.

After you both say all of that, you have 0 idea how I or anyone else raises their kids. Now I’m going to continue to raise my kids the way I like, enjoy her.... my eldest’s.... sweet 16 this weekend, be pissed at Nike for making it impossible to get some kicks that one of my kids wanted while making her happy for her sweet 16 rather than saying get a job you moocher, and trip on you for telling me to get a **** out my ear while you wear panties about what I’m doing with my bread.

while still refusing to mind the business that pays you.

K Kierris im going to start posting BX smileys real soon my man because these responses are bird fr.

It's a bit different if she really wanted them for her bday and struck out, I can kinda understand that... but still, I would let my son know that there will always be more shoes coming and not to get caught up in the hype and ending up spending crazy resell prices on the regular, less he end up like so many others on this site. :smile:

#retailorbust

And yet still after all that, I read pocket watchers.

After you both say all of that, you have 0 idea how I or anyone else raises their kids. Now I’m going to continue to raise my kids the way I like, enjoy her.... my eldest’s.... sweet 16 this weekend, be pissed at Nike for making it impossible to get some kicks that one of my kids wanted while making her happy for her sweet 16 rather than saying get a job you moocher, and trip on you for telling me to get a **** out my ear while you wear panties about what I’m doing with my bread.

while still refusing to mind the business that pays you.

K Kierris im going to start posting BX smileys real soon my man because these responses are bird fr.
Now dudes on here giving parental advice. I understand some of these dudes hearts are in the right place but they have to realize that we are grown a55 men and them speaking on how we spend money that we work for, not them, just comes off as nothing but disrespectful. I was always taught to never speak on how a man spends his bread but I see a lot of NT never got that course in life. We live in a capitalistic society where the value of anything is determined by how much we are willing to pay for it. If I want a shoe, can afford that shoe, and won't have my livelihood affected by getting the shoe then why wouldn't I buy it? The funniest part is dudes only complain about people paying resell for certain shoes, I've seen multiple dudes who have dropped a stack or more on here for those travis scott 1s and never saw them get chastised once. I guess paying resale is only on when it's a collab.

If you're dropping a stack on some ugly *** Travs you're already a lost cause. Once again, it's bigger than just pocket watching. Can't complain about spending $500 on a pair of shoes that retail for $170 and probably cost $20 to make when resellers go above and beyond to buy them just to rip off people that convince themselves they need yet another pair of shoes. You're part of the problem.

This is a clean CW, it's just not $500.00 clean in my opinion. If I would've struck out at retail, I would not be sweating over trying to pay resell prices for it, i would just go on to whichever next release that I like. I don't pocket watch, but people paying $400.00 + on every single release are part of the problem, and this is the main reason why everything in relation to buying these shoes is what it is right now. If you or your kid/family strike out on a certain release, and it's a shoe you seriously wanted out of the gate before it was released, then I understand.

But I seriously have a problem with these trust fund kids who pay resell or buy multiple pairs of every release at resell prices, even if they don't like the shoe, because they treat buying shoes like it's a fad. There's grown people who do it too. You can't possibly tell me that you honestly like every Retro/Nike/Jordan release that comes out every other weekend. It's as if as everybody has disposable income, and they're just waiting on every release to buy in bulk for resale, buy just because it's the popular thing to do at the moment, buy sizes they dont wear to resell because they struck out on their own size, pay resell before the shoe even comes out.

I know people who spend thousands monthly on these releases because it's become like a hobby to them, sorta like collecting action toy figures, cards, etc. It's as if people don't even have to look at the shoe. It's like O those are coming out this Saturday, yea I gotta get them. I don't even blame them, ig/YouTube/tiktok has driven the hype through the roof, to where there's no coming back. At this point people are just buying just to buy.

Man I hate my comment derailed the thread. This is one of those situations that I wanted heavy, failed, and swallowed my pride and paid resell. I hate paying resell for anything, I also hate failing in getting something that I wanted.

If I had some connects I promise I would never pay resell but such is the way of life rn.

If you're dropping a stack on some ugly *** Travs you're already a lost cause. Once again, it's bigger than just pocket watching. Can't complain about spending $500 on a pair of shoes that retail for $170 and probably cost $20 to make when resellers go above and beyond to buy them just to rip off people that convince themselves they need yet another pair of shoes. You're part of the problem.
People can do what they want fam. You're not the authority on sneakers and you're definitely not the voice of sneaker heads. If you hate the game that much, save yourself the headache and bow out. Stop pocket watching bruh, that's exactly what you're doing.

Back
Top Bottom