AJ "BRED" 13 returning JAN 12, 2013

I got bout 3 pair of shoes with 3m and not just any light makes them glow. But it not that big a deal to me. That's me tho sorry

Just to add to this, seems people just omitted things like this from their memory. The OGs truly DID shine in any light & was sweet as ****, the 04/05 retros didn't have that same effect. Like the 5s from 2000 compared to 2007, the material is not the same & not as bright. Yes you can still see some effect but 3M isn't what it use to be for Nike as a company period. On my running shoes(where there's a requirement to have SOMETHING reflective show) you don't have that same shine anymore, it's just the material they switched to period.

Don't get me wrong the 04/05 release was still cool, but for those of us that were here let's not forget we had our share of complaints about this same thing.
That still doesn't excuse this release, even though the mesh covers most of the 3M material I've seen it done a heck of a lot better.

Just to add to this, seems people just omitted things like this from their memory. The OGs truly DID shine in any light & was sweet as ****, the 04/05 retros didn't have that same effect. Like the 5s from 2000 compared to 2007, the material is not the same & not as bright. Yes you can still see some effect but 3M isn't what it use to be for Nike as a company period. On my running shoes(where there's a requirement to have SOMETHING reflective show) you don't have that same shine anymore, it's just the material they switched to period.
Don't get me wrong the 04/05 release was still cool, but for those of us that were here let's not forget we had our share of complaints about this same thing.
That still doesn't excuse this release, even though the mesh covers most of the 3M material I've seen it done a heck of a lot better.

Doesn't really matter anymore... Half of these cats complaining are the same cats buying multiple pairs come RD. They just like to come here and whine, like JB is going to read it and make a change.

Last edited:
Welp, I saw these in person yesterday...

Prepare for fury, rage, and disappointment come Saturday. One of the poorer retros from JB. Red is very dark. Side 3M-less panel has funny style stitching. Something was up with the toe box too, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

I'm copping, but just until I can get a pair of '04's and then these will be on the trading/selling block...

That red looks right on men's sizes for those wonderin. Someone I know, who works at FTL, posted a picture of them on Instagram.

Welp, I saw these in person yesterday...
Prepare for fury, rage, and disappointment come Saturday. One of the poorer retros from JB. Red is very dark. Side 3M-less panel has funny style stitching. Something was up with the toe box too, but I couldn't put my finger on it.
I'm copping, but just until I can get a pair of '04's and then these will be on the trading/selling block...

Yeah, it looks like a varsity red. Not sure why JB puts that on everything now.

Also something to note, 04s are almost 10 years old.

Even if they are DS when you buy them, sole separation and fogged holograms could be right around the corner...
Ehh not necessarily.  I've seen OGs that don't even have fogged holograms, and it's not like they can't be defogged.

Good to see everyone with a OG or 2004 pair turn their nose up at the 2013 version. It should make it easier for those who not stressing about the 3m to cop.

Tickets have $169.99 on them

Last edited:
I Wore My 04's This Past Friday, Favorite Jordan Of All Time For Me, So Ill Be Copping A Couple Pairs This Saturday

Last edited:
So how does this raffle ticket thing work at footlocker or any other of these mall sneaker chains? Can I get them if I go now or are they not required for this release?

yeah that outweighs 3M in my opinion.
exactly!!! Idk why people acting like they rather pay double for a shoe that's almost10 years old.... smh tthey gonna deteriorate in NO TIME..... BUNCHA HYPEBEASTS
Look 2 posts above yours and tell me if dudes 04's look like they're gonna deteriorate? Lol dont just say anything to justify the sub par purchase.  

^ It's more of saving the $190. For me at least. I own a 04' pair. But I have paid double price for older shoes before. What's your point?

*my pair is no where close to falling apart*

I never got the whole 3m thing, so it dosent bother me that my shoes dont light up when people take pics of them.... Im 28 and only wear my kicks to the office on casual Fridays and outtings with my fam on the city to malls, out to eat, or maybe a club every blue moon... I dont need my shoes to light up, plus I love the 13's.... So Im going to cop for me, wifey, and the kids.. JB will have my $435 plus tax on Saturday...

Good to see everyone with a OG or 2004 pair turn their nose up at the 2013 version. It should make it easier for those who not stressing about the 3m to cop.

the same people who are trashing these gonna be cop on the low. its like being with a fat girl..ur doing it but u dont want anyone to find out

I ain't trashing these....I dont even buy J's. I came to this page because one of my boys is looking to cop. J's are played out where I'm from. You can't go anywhere without seeing 2 people with the same J's on.

Back
Top Bottom