AJ II Union x April 15, 2022

What model would you like to see Union do next?

• III

Votes: 54 48.2%
  • V

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • VI

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • VII

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • VIII

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • IX

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • X

• XI

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • XII

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other

• Total voters
That's hilarious that a billion dollar company is out smarted by warehouse workers :lol:
its actually like 45 billion... you think they care about one release from a warehouse worth a few hundred thousand dollars? That's literally nothing to them.

its actually like 45 billion... you think they care about one release from a warehouse worth a few hundred thousand dollars? That's literally nothing to them.
It's actually :lol: 'a billion' wasn't a literal figure. We're talking about everything hot coming out of Memphis though not just this 1 union release. I would think 'a 45 billion dollar company" did care but apparently you know better. Because if they stealing a few hundred thousand in shoes they stealing other **** too.

It's actually :lol: 'a billion' wasn't a literal figure. We're talking about everything hot coming out of Memphis though not just this 1 union release. I would think 'a 45 billion dollar company" did care but apparently you know better. Because if they stealing a few hundred thousand in shoes they stealing other **** too.
I mean, yea I know what you meant when you said a billion, but 45x that is a big difference. I feel like you (everyone in this thread, not you specifically) is making a bigger deal than it really is. I'm sure it is happening but not as many pairs as you think it is.

bruh i didnt even order the trash *** Jordan 2 only the merch and they still canceled.

they can't just ship the merch only orders and refund the shipping cost? waiting for the "new" invoice like everyone else.

Union is on the same level of trash as AMM now wow

I mean, yea I know what you meant when you said a billion, but 45x that is a big difference. I feel like you (everyone in this thread, not you specifically) is making a bigger deal than it really is. I'm sure it is happening but not as many pairs as you think it is.
It was posted early that some big-time resellers basically have a Nike account with how much product they get from Memphis.

It was posted early that some big-time resellers basically have a Nike account with how much product they get from Memphis.
I read a lot of that but it didn't seem like anything or anyone posted an actual fact. I don't doubt some funny stuff is probably happening but I do think it is not happening on a huge level.

You got this. Apple is a dope company to work for.
Interesting. I've heard so many employees stating how horrible of a work environment it is at Apple. A friend of mine also worked there in a pretty high position and quit for greener pastures. Things changed? Apple, Google, Facebook, Amazon used to be the prestigious places to work, however, my understanding is that's no longer the case; all have toxic environments (I'm talking mid-level manager and higher; not warehouse workers at Amazon).

Interesting. I've heard so many employees stating how horrible of a work environment it is at Apple. A friend of mine also worked there in a pretty high position and quit for greener pastures. Things changed? Apple, Google, Facebook, Amazon used to be the prestigious places to work, however, my understanding is that's no longer the case; all have toxic environments (I'm talking mid-level manager and higher; not warehouse workers at Amazon).
I work for a F50 company and it looks damn good on your resume but the mental health aspect wears you down

I work for a F50 company and it looks damn good on your resume but the mental health aspect wears you down
I’ve certainly enjoyed great work-life balance and culture where I’m at (largest payment network globally, I’ll let you guess). I definitely think I’d sacrifice some of the balance moving to Apple but it’d be worth it to me as far as career opportunity / mobility.

I’ve certainly enjoyed great work-life balance and culture where I’m at (largest payment network globally, I’ll let you guess). I definitely think I’d sacrifice some of the balance moving to Apple but it’d be worth it to me as far as career opportunity / mobility.
Put that on your resume and have leverage to negotiate anywhere. At the end of the day it’s about the cash. Let me know what the work culture us like when you get through

We’ll never know exact numbers, but I’d almost bet money, and I personally don’t have an issue with it, that Nike, JB, hell even Adidas, NB, and other companies, allocate a certain percentage of their product to individuals, resellers, “backdoor” accounts, etc. They’re private companies, and while it makes it harder and a pain in the az for regular ol’ us to obtain pairs (as it means there’s less pairs in the “wild” (Nike, SNKRS, and the usual more “official” account holders), there isn’t really anything wrong/illegal with what they’re doing. Now if they were outright saying they’re selling let’s say 500k pairs through SNKRS, when in reality it’s only 300k, that would be foul IMO. Again, it’s annoying, and makes obtaining pairs a lot harder in reality, and we don’t like it (I sure as hell don’t), but as long as they’re not doing anything illegal, they can distribute their product however they want unfortunately. Now I’m just talking about the producing companies that are Nike, JB, etc., not necessarily the retailers (Unions, AMMs, etc.), as I’m not sure if the guidelines/rules they have to adhere to in order to obtain and maintain their Nike/Jordan accounts.

We’ll never know exact numbers, but I’d almost bet money, and I personally don’t have an issue with it, that Nike, JB, hell even Adidas, NB, and other companies, allocate a certain percentage of their product to individuals, resellers, “backdoor” accounts, etc. They’re private companies, and while it makes it harder and a pain in the az for regular ol’ us to obtain pairs (as it means there’s less pairs in the “wild” (Nike, SNKRS, and the usual more “official” account holders), there isn’t really anything wrong/illegal with what they’re doing. Now if they were outright saying they’re selling let’s say 500k pairs through SNKRS, when in reality it’s only 300k, that would be foul IMO. Again, it’s annoying, and makes obtaining pairs a lot harder in reality, and we don’t like it (I sure as hell don’t), but as long as they’re not doing anything illegal, they can distribute their product however they want unfortunately. Now I’m just talking about the producing companies that are Nike, JB, etc., not necessarily the retailers (Unions, AMMs, etc.), as I’m not sure if the guidelines/rules they have to adhere to in order to obtain and maintain their Nike/Jordan accounts.

This is kinda how I feel about it. Those pairs only exist because those resellers had that avenue created to ask for them. Clearly money talks. but It’s not like benkickz is taking stock like a bot does or how shops that are supposed to have actual releases for the public and backdoor instead.

But honestly folks can believe what they want to believe. If platforms straight up selling reps makes more sense and helps them sleep at night so be it. But the sneaker game just isn’t what it used to be. Shoes are getting sold and authenticated On all platforms even before a release date has been decided. Too much money to be made now. Gotta adjust and move on. I try for retail but I plan around paying extra to secure something I want.

I'd be happier if it was warehouse workers getting over on the man and coming up :lol: the idea of Nike corporate being involved is disgusting. I don't get upset at the resale market because the vast majority of the time I move on to the next. Those BenKickz pictures do fascinate me though if legit as advertised.

This is kinda how I feel about it. Those pairs only exist because those resellers had that avenue created to ask for them. Clearly money talks. but It’s not like benkickz is taking stock like a bot does or how shops that are supposed to have actual releases for the public and backdoor instead.

But honestly folks can believe what they want to believe. If platforms straight up selling reps makes more sense and helps them sleep at night so be it. But the sneaker game just isn’t what it used to be. Shoes are getting sold and authenticated On all platforms even before a release date has been decided. Too much money to be made now. Gotta adjust and move on. I try for retail but I plan around paying extra to secure something I want.
Money talking is exactly it. We all wish that sneakers were just about the producers either selling their stock directly, or only through "authorized" retailers, but there's so much money involved, tens and hundreds of thousands of pairs per each model/colorway, it is what it is. If i was a pie maker, and I had the ability to divvy up my produced pies, and at wholesale I could sell a percentage to grocery stores and restaurants, I could sell a percentage directly from my own store, at a higher premium I could sell a percentage to resellers and the like, I could give a bunch to my friends and family just cause, and give a bunch to people to drive up demand, I'd do all of this. Sure, for the pie connoisseur, this sucks, but business wise, in reality it's not even shady. Still sucks for regular Joe consumer though.

I'd be happier if it was warehouse workers getting over on the man and coming up :lol: the idea of Nike corporate being involved is disgusting. I don't get upset at the resale market because the vast majority of the time I move on to the next. Those BenKickz pictures do fascinate me though if legit as advertised.
Oh I too wish it was a guy/gal making minimum wage making a come up via getting over. But there's SO MANY moving parts involved with this sht, I honestly think the overwhelming majority of things we see/hear about are totally intentional and planned out. Sure, there has to be a degree of actual backdooring (illegal/illicit selling of product), but I think most of it is way more agreed upon, contracted, and approved than we think. Doesn't make it good for us, but it is what it is.

Oh I too wish it was a guy/gal making minimum wage making a come up via getting over. But there's SO MANY moving parts involved with this sht, I honestly think the overwhelming majority of things we see/hear about are totally intentional and planned out. Sure, there has to be a degree of actual backdooring (illegal/illicit selling of product), but I think most of it is way more agreed upon, contracted, and approved than we think. Doesn't make it good for us, but it is what it is.
If SNKRS drops em and lets me hit I'll go back to not caring again 😎

If SNKRS drops em and lets me hit I'll go back to not caring again 😎
I feel it. I never really started caring. I try for the pairs I want, hope I get them, let the dust settle amongst the entries I’ve submitted, raffles, reaching out to people, and attempted copping, and then keep it pushing. Got WAY TOO MUCH going on in life, and just so much more important sht, to get any substantial emotions or energy wrapped up in kicks. I do love kicks though.

The sad part is that someone could probably drop a video of Marcus Jordan handing these boxes of TR 1s to some pimply sticky-fingered reseller in exchange for a duffel full of cash, and nothing would change.

Shady stuff that we all suspected was going on the whole time, but actually seeing proof that these companies happily **** over their customers is extremely off-putting.

Lmaoo where is Buddy who swore we were making up BS because he saw it on Full Size Run. Come to the front of the congregation my boy 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Someone said this?!? Yeah, I’m usually not messy, but I’d love to hear this explanation.

Sucks but it will be swept under the rug. At least we know now that it's true and not the only one doing this.

Back
Top Bottom