• None, dislike them all

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters
Definitely want a pair on discount
IMG_2119.jpeg

FYI, these are hittin for $168 on likelihood. use the code

$16.54 to ship makes them $184

It's weird seeing so many Jordan's sit. I understand the economy is rough at the moment but it's been a long time since any Jordan sold out including somewhat hyped shoes.

It's weird seeing so many Jordan's sit. I understand the economy is rough at the moment but it's been a long time since any Jordan sold out including somewhat hyped shoes.
I’m surprised it took this long. People forget there’s 4-5x more releases than 5 years ago, let alone 10. The market is flooded, how could every shoe sell out every week forever?

It's a welcomed return to normalcy.

Nike didn't become a mega-conglomerate from shoes selling out in the first day. I think it's a difficult concept to grasp for people who got into this in the last 15 or so years, because sellouts are all they know.

Nike didn't become a mega-conglomerate from shoes selling out in the first day. I think it's a difficult concept to grasp for people who got into this in the last 15 or so years, because sellouts are all they know.

I've been collecting about 20 years (36 now started at 16) and I know the sell outs weren't as common but it was very rare to see a clean colorway hit discount, and when it did it was like $20-30 off. Even then, it took forever for that discount. Now we see clean colorways sit for so long with so much supply that you see shoes for $50+ off. I don't mind it but it's definitely surprising

They got some weird math

IMG_7892.png

You said it “so many Jordan’s”. The releases keep coming not just with retros but the 38 and all the off brand Jordan related stuff. Not to mention the new generation on Ja, Zion, Tatum etc. Too many shoes too many meh color ways and the market is now super soft. People are being more selective and resellers are balking.

Good things need a correction.

I've been collecting about 20 years (36 now started at 16) and I know the sell outs weren't as common but it was very rare to see a clean colorway hit discount, and when it did it was like $20-30 off. Even then, it took forever for that discount. Now we see clean colorways sit for so long with so much supply that you see shoes for $50+ off. I don't mind it but it's definitely surprising
I’ve been doing it 30 years and from 94-03 almost all retros were easy cops. I got $90 Black Metallic 5’s (2 pairs) from Eastbay in 2000. The every release sellout stuff started in 2011 but that wasn’t really the norm with retros and given how OG Jordan’s were manufactured and distributed definitely wasn’t the norm every year.

I’ve been doing it 30 years and from 94-03 almost all retros were easy cops. I got $90 Black Metallic 5’s (2 pairs) from Eastbay in 2000. The every release sellout stuff started in 2011 but that wasn’t really the norm with retros and given how OG Jordan’s were manufactured and distributed definitely wasn’t the norm every year.

Do you think this is the new norm or just a temporary thing until the hypebeasts are back? Seems like every 5ish years we have a dip then it gets hectic again

Do you think this is the new norm or just a temporary thing until the hypebeasts are back? Seems like every 5ish years we have a dip then it gets hectic again
I think there will be waves but with Jordans we’ve passed the peak. It’s a lot like music. There’s almost unlimited choice and very little reason (or options) to follow the crowd. In music there’s only a handful of acts that can actually sell out arenas for an entire tour. Most acts with longevity enjoy a smaller dedicated following and make a long career from that.

Even in the past couple years we’ve seen Crocs, Solomon, and Hoka come in and grab significant market share in key demographics. We’re also seeing slides, Vans and less overall effort into putting together a look from teenagers right now.

I just don’t see Jordans keeping a $200-$225 price tag and selling out every pair. I think Nike is fine with it because half sold releases at full price is still way more revenue with current release volume and cadence than they used to ever do (ie pre-2018). A lot of brands reach this maturity stage and don’t have any hot/hyped products and rely on lower priced commoditization which JB doesn’t have to worry about.

So yeah, I think sneakers are more popular than ever today but at the expense of Jordan Brand’s popularity at any cost. That’s a good thing for everyone.

^ too many releases in general... its really not sustainable to cop shoes every week for the normal person....I will admit even for myself I copped way too many shoes these last 2-3 months... but hard to pass up when its shoes I really want... nothing was impulse cop and was planned just sucks the release date is so close together... but ill admit its definitely great to cop shoes with ease... I like it better with the non sellout

Even in the past couple years we’ve seen Crocs, Solomon, and Hoka come in and grab significant market share in key demographics. We’re also seeing slides, Vans and less overall effort into putting together a look from teenagers right now.

That's actually a great point. I've always been into all diff types of sneakers and currently, any clean collab New Balance does is sold out instantly but then a shoe like the AMM 12 bricks. Not that the AMM 12 is a crazy colorway but back in the day, any collab Jordan would fly regardless of how it looked.

In 2013 I was lucky enough to get a pair of the 3’s and 4’s . I sold the 3’s and regretted it , so today I was happy to use a coupon and order from JD . These were so hard to get and limited in 2013 a true quick strike release back then. In 2013 the Fear Pack and DB 5’s were the best releases in my opinion . Straight to feet as soon as they arrive . It is a great fall / winter shoe .

Last edited:
Really wanted these, forgot about the release date. logged on to Nike's web site at 2pm yesterday and they still had size 13s. couldn't believe it. I can't remember the last time i didn't have to pay resale on a drop i wanted.

I think there will be waves but with Jordans we’ve passed the peak. It’s a lot like music. There’s almost unlimited choice and very little reason (or options) to follow the crowd. In music there’s only a handful of acts that can actually sell out arenas for an entire tour. Most acts with longevity enjoy a smaller dedicated following and make a long career from that.

I just don’t see Jordans keeping a $200-$225 price tag and selling out every pair. I think Nike is fine with it because half sold releases at full price is still way more revenue with current release volume and cadence than they used to ever do (ie pre-2018). A lot of brands reach this maturity stage and don’t have any hot/hyped products and rely on lower priced commoditization which JB doesn’t have to worry about.

So yeah, I think sneakers are more popular than ever today but at the expense of Jordan Brand’s popularity at any cost. That’s a good thing for everyone.
Yeah I think Nike is honestly killing the allure of retro Jordans with the sheer number of releases since most of them are uninspired cws that they push out without much creative thought and/or storytelling.

It’s honestly pretty sad-they are using the “white Air Force 1” strategy to flood the market with sneakers in cws few people actually want. Quantity over quality is their approach going forward, it seems.

Back
Top Bottom