Votes: 15 26.8%
  • IV

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • V

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • None, dislike them all

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters
Yeah I think Nike is honestly killing the allure of retro Jordans with the sheer number of releases since most of them are uninspired cws that they push out without much creative thought and/or storytelling.

It’s honestly pretty sad-they are using the “white Air Force 1” strategy to flood the market with sneakers in cws few people actually want. Quantity over quality is their approach going forward, it seems.
If this strategy is working for them from a business perspective, then everyone wins except for resellers and those who only buys shoes for clout.

Yeah I don’t find this sad at all. Jordans are the most mainstream shoe there is. The only exclusivity we’ve seen has hurt people who love shoes. Hypebeasts will pay the troll toll on anything so who is losing?

If this strategy is working for them from a business perspective, then everyone wins except for resellers and those who only buys shoes for clout.
Yeah I don’t find this sad at all. Jordans are the most mainstream shoe there is. The only exclusivity we’ve seen has hurt people who love shoes. Hypebeasts will pay the troll toll on anything so who is losing?
The problem is we’re getting more sneaker releases but worse cws. They aren’t putting out as many good cws anymore because it is quantity over quality (in terms of releases). They’ve even started bastardizing OG cws like the Royal Reimagined 1s instead of just giving us a proper OG retro of that.

The problem is we’re getting more sneaker releases but worse cws. They aren’t putting out as many good cws anymore because it is quantity over quality (in terms of releases). They’ve even started bastardizing OG cws like the Royal Reimagined 1s instead of just giving us a proper OG retro of that.
They were never going to give you a royal this few years out from the last one. I’d rather they make a nice shoe like the Reimagined Royals than a terrible colorway. But my point is still spot on: it’s not fewer good retro+ colorways. It’s just more releases in general.

Wanna talk about trash? These fear colorways were hot garbage a decade ago and they’re bringing em back to sit cause they’re still hot garbage today.

But I can’t imagine being offended by the onslaught of colorways. To me these are all bonus for n00bs or women or whoever wants them. The problem is the thinking for years was that you had to cop every release. It’s perfectly fine to sit em out, especially when there’s more retros than weeks in the year. If they were all heat you wanted how would you even afford them all?

No code, in store event through the 29th
Nice come up! I went to Nike Santa Monica after seeing your post, but unfortunately they told me the discount doesn’t apply to Jordan 3’s, 5’s, or 12’s.

Last edited:
That’s true, but if it means real royals for example will be easy to get whenever they do drop, I’ll take it.

They were never going to give you a royal this few years out from the last one. I’d rather they make a nice shoe like the Reimagined Royals than a terrible colorway. But my point is still spot on: it’s not fewer good retro+ colorways. It’s just more releases in general.

Wanna talk about trash? These fear colorways were hot garbage a decade ago and they’re bringing em back to sit cause they’re still hot garbage today.

But I can’t imagine being offended by the onslaught of colorways. To me these are all bonus for n00bs or women or whoever wants them. The problem is the thinking for years was that you had to cop every release. It’s perfectly fine to sit em out, especially when there’s more retros than weeks in the year. If they were all heat you wanted how would you even afford them all?
There are absolutely fewer good retro+ cws, what are you talking about?

Look at the OG Jordan 1 High retro+ cws from 2018 vs 2023, there is no comparison-there were FAR better retro+ releases back then. Hell, even the Spiderman 1s from 2018 are siginficantly better than the Spiderman 2.0s from this year.

To me these are all bonus for n00bs or women or whoever wants them
lol so they're basically all trash?

The problem is the thinking for years was that you had to cop every release. It’s perfectly fine to sit em out, especially when there’s more retros than weeks in the year. If they were all heat you wanted how would you even afford them all?
So we're giving them a pass for putting out bad products? As a sneakerhead, this is infuriating becuase we all KNOW they can do better.

Go back to 2013 or 2015 for retro+ 1 colorways. They’re atrocious. You can’t cherry pick one year on one model. But in 2013 you didn’t have 70 other releases to choose from.

It’s plain as day all the extra colorways have chumps spending money on them and diverting money away from shoes I want that are a lot more obtainable right now. How could this possibly be bad as a consumer?

It’s plain as day all the extra colorways have chumps spending money on them and diverting money away from shoes I want that are a lot more obtainable right now. How could this possibly be bad as a consumer?
Lol because the attainable shoes are trash as well.

Even the Holiday 11s are garbage this year. They could have given us proper DMP 11s but instead we’re getting some wack “reimagined” version of that as well.

JB released these

air-jordan-1-og-atlanta-hawks-1.jpg

JB has always released bad colorways, but some of us know to ignore what we don't like and buy what we like. Literally not everything is for you, and someone else might not like it.

The problem is the internet encourages group think and everything becomes trash or everything JB releases is trash mentality.

No code, I'm guessing so. I didn't even ask for the discount they just added it

Went into Nike store and bought some yesterday, they said they were excluded from the promo :/

I grabbed a pair just to make sure I didn't miss out. I'll wait to see if any place gets these on sale and I'll return the in-store pair.

JB released these

air-jordan-1-og-atlanta-hawks-1.jpg

JB has always released bad colorways, but some of us know to ignore what we don't like and buy what we like. Literally not everything is for you, and someone else might not like it.

The problem is the internet encourages group think and everything becomes trash or everything JB releases is trash mentality.
The bad colorways have increased exponentially though and the good ones haven’t, which is my point.

Yeah Highlight Reels are trash but let’s not act like there weren’t a flood of trash OG 1 cws this year and little/no good ones that weren’t collabs. On that note, even the Union collabs were bad this year. Honestly, if they slowed down releases and put more time/thought into releases, we would get better ones overall (but less individual releases). Don’t be surprised if JB starts taking this approach in the next 2-3 years when they see younger people start moving away from the brand.

I'd also say the Gratitudes better match the Royalty Taxis with leather and I like that consistency between the two releases on the back-to-back models. Black/white/gold leather connotes premium and commemorative to me.

You think, as a cw, Gratitudes are better than DMPs? They are literally a “reimagined” DMP lol
You said it was garbage/trash. That’s what I’m speaking on. You’re trying to change the parameters to which colorway is better, than the actual part of your statement I responded too.

A lot of ppl have bought them, myself included, on shock drop and EA. Gotten them in and they are extremely nice in hand. The leather will age nicer than the mesh. It’s a solid shoe and definitely

You said it was garbage/trash. That’s what I’m speaking on. You’re trying to change the parameters to which colorway is better, than the actual part of your statement I responded too.

A lot of ppl have bought them, myself included, on shock drop and EA. Gotten them in and they are extremely nice in hand. The leather will age nicer than the mesh. It’s a solid shoe and definitely
lol I never said they weren’t trash-they literally look like knockoff “poor man’s” DMPs.

You’re proving my point-Nike/JB are giving us uninspired products instead of putting thought into releases.

Anyway, everyone is entitled to their opinion so none of this is facts-I'm just frustrated that we are getting overall worse cws and higher retail prices to boot. If Nike/JB simply slowed down releases and put more time into the design process, I'm 1000% certain we would get better releases overall. I get that, at the end of the day, they would rather sell more discounted products and appease shareholders vs us sneakerheads though.

lol I never said they weren’t trash-they literally look like knockoff “poor man’s” DMPs.
Again this is your opinion and there’s a good majority on here that bought them that would say otherwise. You are projecting now.
You’re proving my point-Nike/JB are giving us uninspired products instead of putting thought into releases.
Where did I prove this point exactly? Again this is your feeling you’re trying to pass off because you’re frustrated, which is fine but come on lol.

On another note, my Lapstone order shipped…
Joints are going straight to my feet friday
Nike order shipped yesterday, getting mine tomorrow.
Stoked.
Probably will ice them for a few months to avoid going out and seeing Fear 3's everywhere.
Might be time to finally break out the UNC toes lol.

Nike order shipped yesterday, getting mine tomorrow.
Stoked.
Probably will ice them for a few months to avoid going out and seeing Fear 3's everywhere.
Might be time to finally break out the UNC toes lol.
Ive been lusting for these for years, since I stupidly pass on them.
Blessing in disguise looking back it, wonky shape and EP then
Better shape and EP now …..

Again this is your opinion and there’s a good majority on here that bought them that would say otherwise. You are projecting now.

Where did I prove this point exactly? Again this is your feeling you’re trying to pass off because you’re frustrated, which is fine but come on lol.
Opinions aside, look at the resale pre-release of the Gratitudes-the demand just isn’t there like it used to be for holiday 11s. Even in poor resale markets for Jordan retros in 2016-2018, holiday Jordan 11s were still commanding a lot more money than Gratitudes are now, pre-wide release. Again, don’t take my word for it, look at the StockX data if you don’t believe me, they’re already going UNDER retail in some sizes lol

IMG_0043.jpeg

IMG_0045.jpeg

IMG_0044.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom