Votes: 32 24.2%
  • Georgetown (2021)

Votes: 19 14.4%
  • Racer Blue (2021)

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Wizards (2023)

Votes: 38 28.8%

• Total voters
I always felt the PE designation represented the NBA player editions… like Derek Anderson, Gary Payton, etc. I never made an association to Jordan and PE because it’s all his 😂

Just thinking about it, these would be the first pair that he’s worn in game that was previously unreleased right?

My understanding of a Players PE was always a specific colorway OR detail on the shoe that made it unique to that particular player and wasn’t available to the general public…These for example being the TB’s that had released at the time but with copper accents instead of red…

If the colorway was available to the general public, Chicago 10’s for example, then the PE’s have to feature a unique change up from the GR pairs…45 stitched on the side in this case…

There’s been some of Mikes PE’s that have released in the past…Chicago 10’s with the 45 stitched on the side, Metallic 5’s with the 23 stitched on the heel, Space Jam 11’s with the concord accents and the 45 (Hell, Space Jam 11’s in general), Concord 11’s with the 45…Probably some others that I’m forgetting off the top of my head…

These are definitely nice and it cleared up a misconception I’ve long held. That MJ was wearing TB3s during his Wizards stint. I just couldn’t see myself wearing these over actual TBs..

Sidenote: all of Jordan Brand are MJ PEs unless you’re talking about retro colors that he never played in or the models that were released after he retired fully.
But he did also wear true blue 3 during the wizards

This is a tricky one. IMO, a PE is a sneaker that is specifically made for MJ irrelevant of the color way. Some would say that a PE is also a sneaker that he wore in an nba game.

thinking back, the MB IV, navy XII, flint XIII are examples where I cannot recall him playing in.

Good discussion all.

I always felt the PE designation represented the NBA player editions… like Derek Anderson, Gary Payton, etc. I never made an association to Jordan and PE because it’s all his 😂

Just thinking about it, these would be the first pair that he’s worn in game that was previously unreleased right?

Concur, 100% with you baby. Well said.

My memory is foggy, but one of the first retro+ that I remember is the Laney V. Anybody have the original box? I have the shoes.

I consider a "PE"/player edition as something produced specifically for that player, that wasn't released to the public for sale at the time. Jordan only had a handful of these, if we're not counting some of the weird prototype builds. His 5's with the 23 stitched into the sides, these Wizards 3's, the Royal 11's, and I feel like I remember a royal 17 low. Mike was always very good about trying to make sure whatever he wore on the court was available to the public.

Retro+ are a whole different deal to me. The 2001 True Blues are a Retro+ to me, while these are a true PE. Retro+ was the term that JB used to describe any new colorway of an OG model, that wasn't an OG release. As far as I remember, the Columbia 4 was the first Retro+ release, followed by the Oreo, then the Laney 5, and the white/silver 5. The white/chrome 4's kinda dropped out of nowhere after most everyone thought the 4 had been retired. I remember going to shoe stores asking about them and dudes trying to correct me because the 5's were the current retro model. :lol:

EDIT: vegetaray123 vegetaray123 beat me to it!

My understanding of a Players PE was always a specific colorway OR detail on the shoe that made it unique to that particular player and wasn’t available to the general public…These for example being the TB’s that had released at the time but with copper accents instead of red…

If the colorway was available to the general public, Chicago 10’s for example, then the PE’s have to feature a unique change up from the GR pairs…45 stitched on the side in this case…

There’s been some of Mikes PE’s that have released in the past…Chicago 10’s with the 45 stitched on the side, Metallic 5’s with the 23 stitched on the heel, Space Jam 11’s with the concord accents and the 45 (Hell, Space Jam 11’s in general), Concord 11’s with the 45…Probably some others that I’m forgetting off the top of my head…
You pretty much nailed it all here. The only other I can think of is the CDP 5.

they got some good sizes in finish line , Reno nv

Attachments

• IMG_3744.jpeg
    IMG_3744.jpeg
    291.7 KB · Views: 184
You normally size up in recent 3s? I feel like if I sized up the most recent batch of 3s, especially the WCs, they'd be boats.
I agree. I feel even tts 3's fit big, I can't imagine going up half a size, they legit would fly off my feet when I'm walking.

I agree. I feel even tts 3's fit big, I can't imagine going up half a size, they legit would fly off my feet when I'm walking.
FRs I can go TTS with a nice relaxed fit especially with dri-fit socks. WCs I might and try going down half a size because my TTS pair fit a little bit bigger than the FRs. Not a half size but maybe a quarter size?

But yeah, half size up and they'd be clown shoes. Ha.

I know in my Cool Grey 3s and FR3s, going TTS it was fine length wise, but the width was kind of narrow and kind of hurt my pinky toes a bit.

Hopefully going a half size up can solve this problem.

I consider a "PE"/player edition as something produced specifically for that player, that wasn't released to the public for sale at the time. Jordan only had a handful of these, if we're not counting some of the weird prototype builds. His 5's with the 23 stitched into the sides, these Wizards 3's, the Royal 11's, and I feel like I remember a royal 17 low. Mike was always very good about trying to make sure whatever he wore on the court was available to the public.

Retro+ are a whole different deal to me. The 2001 True Blues are a Retro+ to me, while these are a true PE. Retro+ was the term that JB used to describe any new colorway of an OG model, that wasn't an OG release. As far as I remember, the Columbia 4 was the first Retro+ release, followed by the Oreo, then the Laney 5, and the white/silver 5. The white/chrome 4's kinda dropped out of nowhere after most everyone thought the 4 had been retired. I remember going to shoe stores asking about them and dudes trying to correct me because the 5's were the current retro model. :lol:

EDIT: vegetaray123 vegetaray123 beat me to it!
True Blues are an OG color not a Retro+

True Blues are an OG color not a Retro+

He said retro+ because they featured the jumpman and not the Nike Air on the heel like the OG.

DING DING DING! I'm not an idiot. That's why I stated SPECIFICALLY the 2001 True Blue. 2001 True Blue had all kinds of things to make it not an OG. Even if we overlook the lack of Nike Air on the tab since none had it at that time, no red on the back of the tongue, blue went all the way around the instep instead of stopping at the air bubble. Not the same shoe.

He said retro+ because they featured the jumpman and not the Nike Air on the heel like the OG.

Retro+ is specifically titled that way because of the color way not the branding or anything else. Retro+ also says it on the box. 2001 True Blues did not. Not my opinion that’s just what it is. If you wanna say Nike is incorrect then that’s between you and them.

IMG_9509.jpeg
IMG_9511.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom