Votes: 46 28.2%
  • Fourth

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • Fifth

Votes: 37 22.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
You gotta see them in person. The 2004 pair and the 2012 pair are awesome. Not to derail the thread but I base it on my experience growing up. You had to have True Blue 3s, Black Cement 4s, infrared 6s (black), Olympic 7s, Aqua 8s and Bred 11s. If you had those, you were like legit. This is all in my opinion tho. The other 7s back in the day were rare and you were less likely to see those other pairs of 7s aside from the Olympics.
I get this. From where I came from, the Playoff 7 in 1992 dominated my school. All other 7s were rare to see in my perspective. The only other color that caught my attention were the Cardinals. I loved em right away. When I moved to a new school, no one wore Jprdan. Except for one dude with Cards on. This was in Feb of 93 btw. While the playoff is my first and all time favorite, those Cardinals were so clean. Again its also a shoe you just have to see in person.

You gotta see them in person. The 2004 pair and the 2012 pair are awesome. Not to derail the thread but I base it on my experience growing up. You had to have True Blue 3s, Black Cement 4s, infrared 6s (black), Olympic 7s, Aqua 8s and Bred 11s. If you had those, you were like legit. This is all in my opinion tho. The other 7s back in the day were rare and you were less likely to see those other pairs of 7s aside from the Olympics.
Still subjective though. I left Bordeaux off my list because I just don't think they're good enough to buy. Some would say that's criminal lol, but then I have the other things associated with that shoe (jersey and shorts). I don't think anyone HAS to have any specific pair of kicks to make them a legit "sneakerhead". That's the beauty of it, each person's collection is individual and to their liking. Sharing the differences and the reasons behind the differences is what makes sharing love for kicks so interesting. We spend so much time on this board making lists then waving our fists like an old man at the clouds to those that disagree with our list. Personally, I hate the term "sneakerhead" and the stigma that comes with it. I built my collection in sections (modeled after how Instyleshoes used to have categories of shoes to sell) and doing that made me look at different styles and colorways to get a different appreciation of sneakers as a whole. I personally don't like the 2012 Olympics because they just don't do it for me quality-wise.

I get this. From where I came from, the Playoff 7 in 1992 dominated my school. All other 7s were rare to see in my perspective. The only other color that caught my attention were the Cardinals. I loved em right away. When I moved to a new school, no one wore Jprdan. Except for one dude with Cards on. This was in Feb of 93 btw. While the playoff is my first and all time favorite, those Cardinals were so clean. Again its also a shoe you just have to see in person.
This is what makes it interesting. The stories/experiences. Olympic 7s were always on my list, and actually one of first Jordans I ever paid attention to. In 1992, I saw them behind the cash register and begged my dad to get them for me. My dad (a basketball coach) turns to me and says "when you can play defense like him, I'll get you a pair". No, he wasn't being mean or abusive, maybe he was just being cheap and didn't want to buy me a second pair of sneakers in the summer (IIRRC they released around July and I got summer kicks a week or so after the end of the school year). Growing up, I had to EARN a pair of Jordans with my play, that's how my pops saw it. But it was something that stuck with me growing up and I never forgot that experience. It was one of those pairs I always wanted but could never get. Missed in 04 and 2012, but was able to see quality of both but didn't like the 2012 version as much.

Last edited:
JRepp23 JRepp23 beh235 beh235 shoutout to both of you for this friendly discussion. Members like you both are why I love these forums. I agree that nobody can tell anyone what sneakers they should have. Buy what you like! I’m excited for these Cardinal 7s though. I had them in 05 or 06–whenever they first rereleased—and skipped the 2011 pair cuz JB was going crazy with releases that year and some things had to take a backseat. Not this time though, these are coming home with me.

Idk, living in LA in 1992 I saw all the colorways quite often. Playoffs and Bordeaux were both very common.

Idk, living in LA in 1992 I saw all the colorways quite often. Playoffs and Bordeaux were both very common.

Same for Vegas…Might be a regional thing but the black based colorways were almost always what you’d see people wearing…

I want to say the 9’s - 10’s - 11’s were the models where the white based colorways started getting more love…Concord 11’s in particular we’re THE shoe to have…

6’s - 7’s - 8’s though? Yeah Playoff 7’s, Bords, Aqua’s, and Playoff 8’s we’re all the shoes people wanted / rocked…Infrared 6’s were like the New Balance 99x of the time…Hell, I don’t even think I saw half those other release colorways on anybody's foot until NT came along :lol:

I get what bestintheworld bestintheworld is saying though. I think the AJVII is iconic to more than just sneaker heads. It's also an era thing. If we're talking when the shoe dropped the Oly in itself is a big deal but Chicago colors dominated. If we're talking 2000s, the hood ATE up them Olympics. This was also around a time where those colors were a big thing.. dip set, AF1's, Air Dirty's.. etc.

Wait these are the Black Friday release this year? That means getting a pair will be a cake walk. Thinking of getting two but I dunno. The 2s have been butchered far far worse than the 7s (imo) and if they really are pulling out all the stops with the Chicago 2s and are finally doing them justice later this year, I'd rather double up on those. Gonna be a game time decision as this year draws to a close. I could just double up on both though. Who knows? :wink:

Still subjective though. I left Bordeaux off my list because I just don't think they're good enough to buy. Some would say that's criminal lol, but then I have the other things associated with that shoe (jersey and shorts). I don't think anyone HAS to have any specific pair of kicks to make them a legit "sneakerhead". That's the beauty of it, each person's collection is individual and to their liking. Sharing the differences and the reasons behind the differences is what makes sharing love for kicks so interesting. We spend so much time on this board making lists then waving our fists like an old man at the clouds to those that disagree with our list. Personally, I hate the term "sneakerhead" and the stigma that comes with it. I built my collection in sections (modeled after how Instyleshoes used to have categories of shoes to sell) and doing that made me look at different styles and colorways to get a different appreciation of sneakers as a whole. I personally don't like the 2012 Olympics because they just don't do it for me quality-wise.

This is what makes it interesting. The stories/experiences. Olympic 7s were always on my list, and actually one of first Jordans I ever paid attention to. In 1992, I saw them behind the cash register and begged my dad to get them for me. My dad (a basketball coach) turns to me and says "when you can play defense like him, I'll get you a pair". No, he wasn't being mean or abusive, maybe he was just being cheap and didn't want to buy me a second pair of sneakers in the summer (IIRRC they released around July and I got summer kicks a week or so after the end of the school year). Growing up, I had to EARN a pair of Jordans with my play, that's how my pops saw it. But it was something that stuck with me growing up and I never forgot that experience. It was one of those pairs I always wanted but could never get. Missed in 04 and 2012, but was able to see quality of both but didn't like the 2012 version as much.
This here has to be one of my favorite posts ever on NT.

Pretty sure my 2004 pair (think that's when they came out) are on their last legs so this came at the right time. Funny enough I was able to get that retro off ebay for 170 dollars deadstock. Hope these turn out good

Couldn't find the thread for them but got these today at a sneaker convention for $100 flat. OG all. Only complaint is the tongue is kind of short but love the CW on these.
20220402_155638.jpg

Back
Top Bottom