AJ XXX (30)

Thad what you think :lol:

Nike don't give vouchers away anymore. You gotta have a serious and real issue to get one

Maybe you're right, just doesn't seem right to me. As others have stated he can return them anyway

Been a long time since I tried for a voucher TBH. Years actually

I checked out the XXX on Saturday at the Jordan store in Chicago when i was picking up the Red XX9 low Jimmy Butler PE's and they are not a bad shoe by any means, but they just don't grab me. i would rather eventually double up on the Jimmy Butlers than get any XXX at this point unless any colorways really catch my eye.

Last edited:
Anyone looking can probably purchase locally. Saw these at the mall today at a few stores.

saw these in the outlet today for $180 w/ 20% off. the employee said it was a return 

I checked out the XXX on Saturday at the Jordan store in Chicago when i was picking up the Red XX9 low Jimmy Butler PE's and they are not a bad shoe by any means, but they just don't grab me. i would rather eventually double up on the Jimmy Butlers than get any XXX at this point unless any colorways really catch my eye.
So u dont like the design or the performance of the shoes?

So u dont like the design or the performance of the shoes?
the Design, i am sure i would love them on court. i mean the fit was fine, i didn't feel that heal pain some get from it. it felt really similar to the 29 low how it is kinda tighter than the 29 mid.

i don't knock them for being similar to the 29 because i love the 29 so i don't think that is a bad thing. it doesn't bother me.

basically i really didn't like some of the visual things on the shoe. i like the split heel in the 29 more than the foam going all around the back on the XXX. i didn't like the orange globes as they catch my eye and they stick out like a sore thumb. i didn't like the new material toe on the xxx. i do like the net design on the back though.

lets just say if the 29 and the 30 came out on the same day and i didn't have any background info on what they were, i would be picking a 29. if the 29 didn't exist i probably would be happy with the 30 when the all black or the galaxy drop.

Last edited:
What size are u?
I dont like them at all

I just had the launch color way come in this Friday.
I didn't get a pair of XX9's, but I had a pair of XX8's. I think these are a Def an upgrade from the XX8's. I tore my ACL/Meniscus in the XX8's so I never cared from them hooping wise due to that. Prior to my injury I felt like the cushioning was too soft anyways, and could never find my preference with the shroud being rolled, or zipped all the way up.

In regards to the RW ASG PE, i am an unabashed Galaxy themed fan when done correctly. I think they executed it well on this pair and I actually really like the design of the XXX overall.

But that's just it, if he's owned the socks for some time, the dyes from them would be eliminated. Otherwise, this is the only reported issue that I've seen as of now.
in regards to this issue. they tell people to wash the socks with liked color with cold wash, but the best way to wash out all the excess dye is to wash it with warm water and just use whatever detergent you have. i have a pair of red camo print NBA socks that i washed this way, the color is all faded now, but at least it does't bleed colors out. i don't know if i would want to try to wear it with the 30 tho. 

Last edited:
in regards to this issue. they tell people to wash the socks with liked color with cold wash, but the best way to wash out all the excess dye is to wash it with warm water and just use whatever detergent you have. i have a pair of red camo print NBA socks that i washed this way, the color is all faded now, but at least it does't bleed colors out. i don't know if i would want to try to wear it with the 30 tho. 

View media item 1863761

Yeah that was my initial point. Definitely can't keep the richness of the pigment to the socks but like I said, if the socks have been owned for a period of time, they shouldn't bleed. I haven't heard any other cases of socks bleeding through uppers of knit materials other than this one. Isolated incident perhaps.

Yeah that was my initial point. Definitely can't keep the richness of the pigment to the socks but like I said, if the socks have been owned for a period of time, they shouldn't bleed. I haven't heard any other cases of socks bleeding through uppers of knit materials other than this one. Isolated incident perhaps.
yea, havent' seen any other youtuber like yourself reporting the problem either. hopefully it's isolated. gonna play in them this coming wednesday, will report back. 

as for the achillies padding issue when i was trying it on with my basketball socks i notice i have to adjust the achillies pillow a little bit for the heel to be comfortable. 

the Design, i am sure i would love them on court. i mean the fit was fine, i didn't feel that heal pain some get from it. it felt really similar to the 29 low how it is kinda tighter than the 29 mid.

i don't knock them for being similar to the 29 because i love the 29 so i don't think that is a bad thing. it doesn't bother me.

basically i really didn't like some of the visual things on the shoe. i like the split heel in the 29 more than the foam going all around the back on the XXX. i didn't like the orange globes as they catch my eye and they stick out like a sore thumb. i didn't like the new material toe on the xxx. i do like the net design on the back though.

lets just say if the 29 and the 30 came out on the same day and i didn't have any background info on what they were, i would be picking a 29. if the 29 didn't exist i probably would be happy with the 30 when the all black or the galaxy drop.

You had the same thoughts like me :smile: i might like the 30 more if the 29 wasnt released as they are. Tinker was extremely lazy this time not to alter the design of the soles more. The jumpman is on the exact same position, the outsole has the same shape just different traction pattern and those ugly XXX on the forefoot zoom area.

Concerning the upper, i only like the thick collar of the 30. The toe and the overall shoe shape from above looks not appealing to me at all. Basically only an interesting upper Texture can save this shoe (referring to the black ASG PEs).

Tinker is back! Don't dare ask "where did he go?" unless you want to incite a epic rant about the ***t he's been doing in recent years. Then with the "we have power lacing", I could go all day....

This is first new Air Jordan I liked upon initial release since the XX.

Before that was the XVI and XV, and before those the XI.

With those exception, I've bashed every new sig after 1993. I HATED THEM ALL WHEN I FIRST SAW THEM. When I was 14, no one could've convinced me that one day, not only would I be wearing Taxis and loving it, but that it would be one of my favorite shoes of all time. I wanted retros back in '98 even though people would've laughed at me back then wearing old *ss Jordans.

Last edited:
Tinker is back! Don't dare ask "where did he go?" unless you want to incite a an epic rant about the ***t he's been doing in recent years. Then with the "we have power lacing", I could go all day....

This is first new Air Jordan I liked upon initial release since the XX.
Before that was the XVI and XV, and before those the XI.

With those exception, I've bashed every new sig after 1993. I HATED THEM ALL WHEN I FIRST SAW THEM. When I was 14, no one could've convinced me that one day, not only would I be wearing Taxis and loving it, but that it would be one of my favorite shoes of all time. I wanted retros back in '98 even though people would've laughed at me back then wearing old *ss Jordans.

For me the biggest mind change was with the 13 and 28 when i saw pics in the internet. I really hated them asked why they messed them up with such lunatic design. But when release date was coming and i saw more pics from other angles i really liked them a lot.
But for some shoes i simply cannot love: 2010 glory holes.

Back
Top Bottom