AJKO'S AND OG 1'S WHOS GOT THE RAREST ONES?

Originally Posted by nine point five

Originally Posted by elcerrito91

i meant wreds, not breds. I find it interesting how sneaker collectors are willing to pay 5000 for some OG 1s (that were mass produced) and then a game worn signed pair goes at a sports auction for only 800. That shows that the two markets are different and that collectors (sneakerheads) are willing to pay more than sports collectors. If this pair (strapped) were to be sold at a sports auction, the price would be lower imo because of the difference between the two markets

Did he only wear these once or what?

thanks for the info nine point five.
I'd have to thoroughly disagree with you about the difference in value in the two markets. For starters, I've never seen a "mass produced" pair sell for $5000, if you are referring again to OG I's, you're lucky to get $1,500 for a deadstock w/ box pair. With the exception of maybe 5-10 shoes, $5000 is out of the question for any pair that would appeal to a sneaker enthusiast. As for MJ signed rookie sneakers, in my experience I've seen them typically sell for $4-7,000 so there must have been an issue with the pair you are referring to. Lastly, in having these sneakers on the open market on both memorabilia forums and shoe forums, and thus taking offers from both communities, there is a HUGE difference between what the two groups are willing to offer.
Based on your last sentence, we agree. The pair I saw that went for 800 was from Lelands (a sports memorabilia auction house). Maybe 5k was a little too high, I generally see them listed on eBay for about 1000, but some users here on NT have said for some pairs its hard to get 700. It all depends on who's buying.

I was hoping for Jermaine to call that collection. I'm curious to see what he says about those black and golds. Regardless of his "stuff" Ruben has an amazing collection, sunshining too.

ok, so do we have yet another undiscovered 1 sample? maybe 2 pairs here?

as I was browsing getty images, I seen these double logo mid cut 1's (Logo on both inner/outer sides of the shoes) And MJ is wearing the white straps in these pics I believe.

here is the 2nd pair, I know we've all seen the pair with the dunk sole, but how about dunk sole with double logos, red laces also....

sorry if these have been shown before I just don't recall them..

I  just want one pair
embarassed.gif
idc what condition there in shoe is just strait history

I was just browsing a gallery some guy took in the 80's of America's shopping malls. Pretty interesting stuff. Anyways, enjoy this one..

Mall-15.jpeg

a bit OT but this one is cool too..

Mall-72.jpeg

via Sneaks Up Sneaker Show from http://jwdanklefs.blogspot.com/
I knew it was going to be a matter of time before these ended up in here
roll.gif

Good to see people are checking out the blog...

Yeah that OG1 table was a collaboration between myself, Ucasta and retiredjordans...
We came together and wanted to showcase all of our 85 1s, KOs and AAUs all on one single table...
Thats why there is alot of triples in there...
The 3 of us each have pairs of gray/whites, blk/royals, red/blacks, wht/red/blacks and univ.blue/whites along with wht/red KOs...
Ucasta and I both have blk/red and wht/blk/red kids Skyjordans and the knockoff AAUs...
Ucasta has the blk/red and the gray/white KOs...
RJ has all the metallics (including the lows) on the table with the exception of one of the metallic blue highs, those are mine...
Kentucky blue/wht and gray/black pairs are RJs and one pair of black toes as well, the other ones were on his feet...
He also adds the infamous black/gold pair plus my black tongue doctored pair of black toes.
tongue.gif

That should be all of them...

It was definitely good times seeing people's faces when they walked by that table...

EDIT: BTW, the guy holding the autographed Brons is Danmanns, those are his OG1s and 94 retros on his table...

And I dont know who the girl was eating that mini taco but she looked good doing it so I had to snap that pic of her!!!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jwdanklefs

via Sneaks Up Sneaker Show from http://jwdanklefs.blogspot.com/
I knew it was going to be a matter of time before these ended up in here
roll.gif

Good to see people are checking out the blog...

Yeah that OG1 table was a collaboration between myself, Ucasta and retiredjordans...
We came together and wanted to showcase all of our 85 1s, KOs and AAUs all on one single table...
Thats why there is alot of triples in there...
The 3 of us each have pairs of gray/whites, blk/royals, red/blacks, wht/red/blacks and univ.blue/whites along with wht/red KOs...
Ucasta and I both have blk/red and wht/blk/red kids Skyjordans and the knockoff AAUs...
Ucasta has the blk/red and the gray/white KOs...
RJ has all the metallics (including the lows) on the table with the exception of one of the metallic blue highs, those are mine...
Kentucky blue/wht and gray/black pairs are RJs and one pair of black toes as well, the other ones were on his feet...
He also adds the infamous black/gold pair plus my black tongue doctored pair of black toes.
tongue.gif

That should be all of them...

It was definitely good times seeing people's faces when they walked by that table...

EDIT: BTW, the guy holding the autographed Brons is Danmanns, those are his OG1s and 94 retros on his table...

And I dont know who the girl was eating that mini taco but she looked good doing it so I had to snap that pic of her!!!
pimp.gif

oh well all right, direct from the source info. Thats great to hear that RJ is still in it. Nice info there, very interesting. I wonder if Jermaine stopped by.
KOs are solid as are the blck/ gold as well as metallics...great stuff man.

^ Yeah Jermaine was not there.... Wish he could have been there, woulda been alot of fun... We will catch up with him in Dallas in a few months...

nice setup there guys, surprise to see the aau's on that table as well those are extremely hard to find

jwdanklefs, which are the AAUs? thanks. I always knew Ruben had a solid collection, has sunshining been around at all?

jwdanklefs, which are the AAUs? thanks. I always knew Ruben had a solid collection, has sunshining been around at all?

they're in the first pic

here's my pair Ds with tag

oh all right thats what I thought. Thanks for the pic...I havent seen Jermaine in here for awhile
I'm still in here! Lol big ups to the Texas heads! I'll be seeing you guys again in July!

Here's an oldie but goodie...

-Jermaine

Originally Posted by Phase2x

oh all right thats what I thought. Thanks for the pic...I havent seen Jermaine in here for awhile
I'm still in here! Lol big ups to the Texas heads! I'll be seeing you guys again in July!

-Jermaine

Sick bro. I might join you up there. Not sure yet though. I'm really considering it dude.

Originally Posted by sergdamerg

Originally Posted by Phase2x

-Jermaine

Sick bro. I might join you up there. Not sure yet though. I'm really considering it dude.

Me too Sergio! I'm also contemplating on going to kixpo so hit me up if you really do decide on going! 
nerd.gif

When? Where (I know Dallas, but what are the details)? i cant go, but make sure to post pics (I'm sure you guys will anyways haha)...@jwdanklefs, I found those pics by accident, just was linked to your site from andstill...glad I found it though, those pics were priceless.

Back
Top Bottom